270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

PoliSim Help

Had a lot of assignments today as well so I didn't have time to work on those smexy sub menus today either. Tomorrow seems pretty likely, and I should have it done by the weekend.

However, if I do get it done, I probably won't release any screenshots of it, just to save something for the concept.

Also, despite not being able to do much for the past two days, the concept release might release a little earlier than March 26th, but don't get your hopes up.

@ThePotatoWalrus I have three proposals for your game:1.Add the possibility for us to do something that could be scandal (like Watergate and Lewinsky)and then if we get exposed we would need to face impeachment hearings and trial.

2.Should have an active role of Veep.We choose him and then advices us and we can agree or disagree with him.Also if we are impeached we can continue playing as our Veep as POTUS.

3.Reelection campaign should be with real figures being able to challenge you.For example if u play as Trump  you should be facing Liz Warren or Cory Booker or Bernie or maybe even Oprah(Why not?!) in 2020.Also possibility to play as a winning candidate if you lose.Also midterms.

4 hours ago, Rodja said:

Could we expect a playable game until the end of the summer?

Well I might step in with a less visually glorified yet functional competitor.

@NYrepublican  Have you started working on it?Can we see some screenshots?

PS: OMG!I have waited soooo long for a POTUS simulation game and now there are two in making at the same time!!!

3 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Well I might step in with a less visually glorified yet functional competitor.

Do it. Yours would probably be better considering I needed help making a scroll bar lol.

3 hours ago, Rodja said:

@NYrepublican  Have you started working on it?Can we see some screenshots?

PS: OMG!I have waited soooo long for a POTUS simulation game and now there are two in making at the same time!!!

I don't think he has. He said he had some setbacks that forced him to delay working on one.

On 2/14/2018 at 1:15 AM, Rodja said:

@ThePotatoWalrus1.Add the possibility for us to do something that could be scandal (like Watergate and Lewinsky)and then if we get exposed we would need to face impeachment hearings and trial.

2.Should have an active role of Veep.We choose him and then advices us and we can agree or disagree with him.Also if we are impeached we can continue playing as our Veep as POTUS.

3.Reelection campaign should be with real figures being able to challenge you.For example if u play as Trump  you should be facing Liz Warren or Cory Booker or Bernie or maybe even Oprah(Why not?!) in 2020.Also possibility to play as a winning candidate if you lose.Also midterms.

1. Scandals will definitely be in the game. You will be able to tamper and have spies like Watergate, but I'm not sure about affairs like the Lewinsky stuff. We'll see.

2. All cabinet advisors (though mostly your veep) will advise you, and be active. You will even be able to automate them and they will attempt to do laws that fit a mixture of yours and their ideology.

3. Election features are secondary at the moment. Once it releases a playable stage expect the election features to be basic at first. And if you lose an election, you will have the choice of playing as the winner, or someone in your party for the next election.

@ThePotatoWalrus How do u mean "automate" them?Like assign them with that tasks?That would be cool!Will it be possible for example playing as Hillary and having Bernie as your Secretary of Labor, and making bipartisan deal with Republicans on damage of progressives and then Bernie resigns from the cabinet?

@ThePotatoWalrus How do u mean "automate" them?Like assign them with that tasks?That would be cool!Will it be possible for example playing as Hillary and having Bernie as your Secretary of Labor, and making bipartisan deal with Republicans on damage of progressives and then Bernie resigns from the cabinet?

2 hours ago, Rodja said:

At the moment I didn't plan on being able to assign them tasks, more like giving them the ability to do whatever they want, and you can approve or veto their decisions. Assigning them tasks sounds like a good idea.

Yes, resignations are planned, but they're going to be somewhat rare, and there will be scandals on them that could affect your popularity.

Also, I should have some big announcements and reveals this weekend. Perhaps even tomorrow my bois. At the latest on Monday.

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Also, I should have some big announcements and reveals this weekend. Perhaps even tomorrow my bois. At the latest on Monday.

Cant wait

Actually, I lied. Here's an example of a sexy sub-menu that I was talking about. Here is where I clicked on the immigration button, and it brings up immigration.

Right now, immigration only has four policies.

Immigration Quotas: Lets you set annual immigration amounts
Immigration Restrictions: Lets you set certain restrictions (no single males, education, working, etc.)
Refugees: Will allow you to take in refugees from certain countries
Border Security: Hire government agents and border security, put up cameras, etc. And yes, it will allow you to build fences/walls across certain sections of your borders. (If you can imagine it, it will work this way: there will be around 4 different types of barriers that you can put up, and you can literally click and drag across border lines to build different walls, and an estimated cost and construction time will appear. This will allow you to build new barriers and update or repair old ones.)

Also (this is planned but definitely far down the line)

Research trees are planned. You and other countries across the world can compete to research, and either patent, release, or keep discovered technologies for yourself. You will be able to realistically research new weaponry, medical devices, transportation, and more. This will be found in a new, "research" policy button.

Let me know what you think. This was a pretty big announcement, and I'll have a little bit more this weekend.

@NYrepublican @Rodja

submenuteaser.png

@ThePotatoWalrus I like your immigration system.You should also have an option to set immigration quotas with bill that goes full voting procedure or simply through signing executive order(like dotard did with muslim ban.)

Next thing i would like to see is the way in which congress works in game.

8 minutes ago, Rodja said:

@ThePotatoWalrus I like your immigration system.You should also have an option to set immigration quotas with bill that goes full voting procedure or simply through signing executive order(like dotard did with muslim ban.)

Next thing i would like to see is the way in which congress works in game.

I plan on allowing executive orders to happen in-game in some form, but am not sure how it will function.

Congress is a long way off from the current stage.

Adding a new policy button: Sports

The Olympics will now be featured in the game somewhat, and you might be able to track simulated games and medals. This is a planned feature, not an added one, and should be expected only far along the line.

Also, a reminder. The concept release will still have no playable gameplay.

4 hours ago, Rodja said:

Any news about the game?

Nah, probably not for the rest of the month even. Gotta save stuff for the concept release.

I know I said I probably wouldn't update for the rest of the month but I wanted to make an announcement here.

The project is not dead. Im still working on sub-menus, and will show more screens at the beginning of March.

I also wanted to announce that @vcczars project seems to be coming along pretty well and I might contribute some dev time to that next month as well (but this will still remain the main project)

Unfortunately I've had a lot of assignments the past two days and haven't had too much time for an update right now.