270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

PoliSim Help

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'll leave economic for you to decide then.

Would you rate it Typical (3/5), or Affluent (4/5)?

This is mainly to do overall economic power and services. I will include human rights later (Canada will get a 5/5 there)

I would say "Affluent," given I've never felt like I'm living in a Middle-Income Nation (like Russia, Ukraine, Armenia, Pakistan, Indonesia, Thailand, South Africa, Mexico, Brazil, Nigeria, Turkey, and very recently Rwanda, have been given the label of).

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I would say "Affluent," given I've never felt like I'm living in a Middle-Income Nation (like Russia, Ukraine, Armenia, Pakistan, Indonesia, Thailand, South Africa, Mexico, Brazil, Nigeria, Turkey, and very recently Rwanda, have been given the label of).

Actually, middle income would only be Russia. Ukraine, Armenia, Pakistan, Indonesia, South Africa, Mexico, Nigeria, Turkey, and Rwanda, would all be 2's. At most. Brazil could be argued to be a 3, but due to poverty and living conditions, it would probably be a 2. (according to my algorithm)

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Actually, middle income would only be Russia. Ukraine, Armenia, Pakistan, Indonesia, South Africa, Mexico, Nigeria, Turkey, and Rwanda, would all be 2's. At most. Brazil could be argued to be a 3, but due to poverty and living conditions, it would probably be a 2. (according to my algorithm)

I'm using the World Bank/IMF term and definition here.

Just now, Patine said:

I'm using the World Bank/IMF term and definition here.

I see. Canada will be 'Affluent'. Thank you for your help my good sir.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

But Canada has a VERY high standard of living, a high retail density, a strong infrastructure, many businesses of significant size and success owned and centred in Canada, prominent domestic industry, the Canadian dollar has been in top five most valuable tradable currencies in the world straight since the 1920's, etc.

Just now, Patine said:

But Canada has a VERY high standard of living, a high retail density, a strong infrastructure, many businesses of significant size and success owned and centred in Canada, prominent domestic industry, the Canadian dollar has been in top five most valuable tradable currencies in the world straight since the 1920's, etc.

And I was typing this while you'd already agreed with me.. :P

@ThePotatoWalrus

I would spend a little more time researching various economic rankings for economic power, stability, living standard, cost of living, business growth, labor wages, quality of life, and other areas, before settling on the economic question. 

@ThePotatoWalrus Can you describe more clearly what do you mean by unplayable concept?And when the game is playable will it be free or not and if not how much will it cost?

16 hours ago, Patine said:

And I was typing this while you'd already agreed with me.. :P

Lol. I actually like Canada. One of my favorite countries actually that I think the US should follow suit in modeling after.

16 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

I'll help you with implementation of things engine-wise @ThePotatoWalrus

Programming and stuff really isn't my strong suit (I'm more of a designer), so I'll definitely keep this in mind.

14 hours ago, vcczar said:

@ThePotatoWalrus

I would spend a little more time researching various economic rankings for economic power, stability, living standard, cost of living, business growth, labor wages, quality of life, and other areas, before settling on the economic question. 

I will. When I begin to implement GDP, taxes, inflation, and such, I will definitely use real world statistics and data to input.

12 hours ago, Rodja said:

@ThePotatoWalrus Can you describe more clearly what do you mean by unplayable concept?And when the game is playable will it be free or not and if not how much will it cost?

Sure thing. By unplayable concept, I mean there will be menus and stuff that you can look through, and buttons and stuff you can click, but there won't really be any gameplay included at that point. So, you can see all of the policy buttons and stuff, but clicking on them and adjusting them won't actually do anything at the moment, and some sub-menus will probably be blank. I'm doing this because I am creating this project for the community and want feedback on every stage of development, from concept, to post-release.

Also, it will be absolutely 100% FREE. I don't really need money, I'm doing really well financially with a job, and stuff. Also, technically, this would classify under ""early access", and games in early access when they try to profit off of people end up going for money over quality. Profiting off of already developed stuff is fine, but when people try to put micro-transactions and a full price tag on early access stuff, it makes me sick. Even after it is 100% developed (if it ever reaches that stage), I wouldn't consider monetizing it.

Economy & Taxes: Will allow you to see debt, inflation, and adjust many types of different taxes.

Healthcare: Will allow you to create and edit health care plans, Medicaid/care spending, abortion, etc.

Military: Will allow you to adjust military spending and equipment, along with military operations.

Immigration: Will allow you to set immigration quotas, requirements, standards, etc, along with refugees.

Environment: Regulations on the environment, along with farming and agriculture regulations, subsidies, etc.

Energy: Alternative energy subsidies, energy regulations, laws, etc.

Crime and Justice: LGBT rights, Civil Rights, marijuana, also contains civil liberty things like privacy and censorship.

Foreign Affairs: Contains diplomacy, trade, foreign aid, and relations with other countries.

Education: Will allow you to have public/private/hybrid education types along with subsidies.

Elections & Campaigning: Will allow you to view previous election results, polls, trends, and allow you to do basic campaigning stuff.

These are all of the policies which are planned at the moment to be implemented at some point. 5 (Economy & Taxes, Healthcare, Military, Immigration, and Education are already implemented). Do not expect all to be implemented by March 27th. Especially Elections & Campaigning, which might not be implemented at all.

If anyone feels like I am missing any major policies, let me know.

Leaders:How many leaders are we gonna be able to play as president,just Clinton and Trump or more?

My Suggestion:Make it as realistic as possible.Add as many RL world leaders and issues as possible.

12 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Elections & Campaigning: Will allow you to view previous election results, polls, trends, and allow you to do basic campaigning stuff.

Just saying you should have the ability to modify gameplay via modification of xml files implemented from the start otherwise much of the engine will need to be re-written.

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Just saying you should have the ability to modify gameplay via modification of xml files implemented from the start otherwise much of the engine will need to be re-written.

I probably will re-write the engine many times during development. However, mine will not very very user-moddable at the beginning, unfortunately.

38 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Can you post more screenshots? 

Sure, here's what the policy menu looks like (AT THE MOMENT, IT IS EXTREMELY LIKELY TO CHANGE). The game will have about 9 different color schemes, so you can change the color of the game's interface. Not a big thing, but I like it. Here it is in default blue, and orange.

menu.png

menu2.png

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I probably will re-write the engine many times during development. However, mine will not very very user-moddable at the beginning, unfortunately.

Sure, here's what the policy menu looks like (AT THE MOMENT, IT IS EXTREMELY LIKELY TO CHANGE). The game will have about 9 different color schemes, so you can change the color of the game's interface. Not a big thing, but I like it. Here it is in default blue, and orange.

menu.png

menu2.png

Can you post some sub-menus

As you can see, I'm using the pixel Trump face that I made two years ago just as a placeholder until I can find a good real picture of Trump to use in the final form. Also I accidentally cropped out the top bar in the first screenshot.

@ThePotatoWalrus  Are we gonna be able to play just with Trump or there will be more options(cause i am definetly not the biggest fan of SCROTUS)?

Just now, Rodja said:

How many potential presidents will we be able to play?

3 are planned, though 2 will likely only be able to be played in the menu. I am also experimenting with allowing you to create a custom candidate, but it is not likely.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Can you post some sub-menus

That is actually what I am going to be developing for the next week or so, for the concept release, along with the other 'main buttons'.

@Rodja , to clarify, the two main choices are Trump and Hillary, Gary Johnson is planned, and I am experimenting with allowing the player to create a custom candidate, but that's only like a 5% chance of happening.

6 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@Rodja , to clarify, the two main choices are Trump and Hillary, Gary Johnson is planned, and I am experimenting with allowing the player to create a custom candidate, but that's only like a 5% chance of happening.

But, but... I can't STAND either Trump or Clinton. And Gary Johnson isn't very appealing just due to his party label. That's a God-awful choice, at least as far as I view things. Remember, I'm the one who was saying since the 2016 nominations were pretty much in the bag, before the party conventions, that U.S. voters in 2016 had been cheated of a real, decent choice in 2016 and that it was the worst choice of candidates available in a U.S. Presidential GE since 1852. I was HOPING for a broader choice than those two monsters and an effective nobody even most of his party's natural base gave an effective snub to...

Just now, Rodja said:

@ThePotatoWalrus Id love a custom candidate,but id advice you strongly to consider adding Sanders,Cruz,Kasich and other 2016 candidates.

Perhaps. I mostly intended for the player to choose famous people from their own party (or the other, if they wanted to be bipartisan) to certain cabinet positions. (Carson to HuD, like in real life, or maybe Rubio to Energy)

Or maybe both, like, say, if you chose Bernie as your President, you'd still be able to make Hillary SecState or something.

We'll see.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

But, but... I can't STAND either Trump or Clinton. And Gary Johnson isn't very appealing just due to his party label. That's a God-awful choice, at least as far as I view things. Remember, I'm the one who was saying since the 2016 nominations were pretty much in the bag, before the party conventions, that U.S. voters in 2016 had been cheated of a real, decent choice in 2016 and that it was the worst choice of candidates available in a U.S. Presidential GE since 1852. I was HOPING for a broader choice than those two monsters and an effective nobody even most of his party's natural base gave an effective snub to...

Patine will now be a playable character in the game /s

I'm not really good enough at coding to allow the player to upload their own images, but if someone were to post preset images in this thread I'd gladly allow them to be used in the game. (Although, they must be square in dimension)

And also, if you choose to play as a candidate, you don't have to adhere to their platform. You'll be shit on by your own party and be called out for flip-flopping, but you don't have to adhere to it, lol.