Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MysteryKnight

2020 Election playthrough

Recommended Posts

McAuliffe/Holder would be an uninspiring ticket for Democrats, but clearly better than two non-politicians. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 Election results

Overall some interesting results, for the most part seems resonable. Montana going strongly blue is obviously very strange. Also attached is the state results file. 

Some other strange observations: Alaska and Kentucky were actually very close, despite being known as a republican stronghold.

Democrats just barely held onto Minnesota, and PA, MI, FL, NC were all very close just like 2016 (these results seem very plausible for 2020).

finale.png

results.csv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to start another game probably either tonight or tomorrow with a different combo of candidates, so I'll post the results here like I did with the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Oh... God, I don't think I could survive another four years of tyranny.

Most of us in the first word today don't really know what tyranny is. You wax poetic about the "tyranny" of Trump, @jvikings1 uses the term "tyranny" of the majority to justify keeping the outmoded Electoral College as is. @servo75 and others call Obama and other Democrats "Communists," and such. This hyperbole shows that many modern First World citizens don't have a clue. I had a friend who was born in Rwanda, but his parents fled with him to a refugee camp in neighbouring Uganda to escape the TYRANT Gregoire Karabanda. He spent 30 years as a refugee in Uganda before immigrating to Canada, including being there for the entirety of the regime of the TYRANT Idi Amin Dada and much of the regime of the TYRANT Milton Obote. My mother, when she upgraded her training to become a respiratory therapist when I was in high school, had a classmate who was a woman from Iraq who had lived under the TYRANT Saddam Hussein, and had talked about him somewhat. I also knew an immigrant from Zimbabwe who had lived a long time under the TYRANT Robert Mugabe. My brother, as a tool shop inspector for a company that ran tool shops for international oil interests, has been to, among other countries, Cuba, Venezuela (Chavez-era), Libya (pre-civil war), Algeria, Gabon, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and China, all governed by TYRANTS. And there is, in my apartment building, and older Chilean-born man who says, in stories that bring him to tears, that he was arrested and tortured buy the TYRANT Pinoche's secret on suspicion alone of association with Communist rebels. So, I've heard second hand, if nothing else, that true tyranny is nothing like what we face in the first, and all hyperbole using the word "tyrant" just because we disagree with a politician or their policies or we're defending a specific electoral mechanic whose main alternative has nicely worked nicely elsewhere (including in U.S. State Gubernatorial Elections, themselves) is insincere, manipulative, uninformed, incendiary, and/or "crying wolf." That's my opinion - and this is coming from someone who cannot stand Donald Trump and believes he's unfit for office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Patine said:

Most of us in the first word today don't really know what tyranny is. You wax poetic about the "tyranny" of Trump, @jvikings1 uses the term "tyranny" of the majority to justify keeping the outmoded Electoral College as is. @servo75 and others call Obama and other Democrats "Communists," and such. This hyperbole shows that many modern First World citizens don't have a clue. I had a friend who was born in Rwanda, but his parents fled with him to a refugee camp in neighbouring Uganda to escape the TYRANT Gregoire Karabanda. He spent 30 years as a refugee in Uganda before immigrating to Canada, including being there for the entirety of the regime of the TYRANT Idi Amin Dada and much of the regime of the TYRANT Milton Obote. My mother, when she upgraded her training to become a respiratory therapist when I was in high school, had a classmate who was a woman from Iraq who had lived under the TYRANT Saddam Hussein, and had talked about him somewhat. I also knew an immigrant from Zimbabwe who had lived a long time under the TYRANT Robert Mugabe. My brother, as a tool shop inspector for a company that ran tool shops for international oil interests, has been to, among other countries, Cuba, Venezuela (Chavez-era), Libya (pre-civil war), Algeria, Gabon, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and China, all governed by TYRANTS. And there is, in my apartment building, and older Chilean-born man who says, in stories that bring him to tears, that he was arrested and tortured buy the TYRANT Pinoche's secret on suspicion alone of association with Communist rebels. So, I've heard second hand, if nothing else, that true tyranny is nothing like what we face in the first, and all hyperbole using the word "tyrant" just because we disagree with a politician or their policies or we're defending a specific electoral mechanic whose main alternative has nicely worked nicely elsewhere (including in U.S. State Gubernatorial Elections, themselves) is insincere, manipulative, uninformed, incendiary, and/or "crying wolf." That's my opinion - and this is coming from someone who cannot stand Donald Trump and believes he's unfit for office.

Who is Gregoire Karabanda? I tried to look him up, because I did not know the name, but I did not find anything helpful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I went deeper into this, I guess you meant Grégoire Kayibanda?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Oh I went deeper into this, I guess you meant Grégoire Kayibanda?!

Yes, you're quicker than me. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Yes, you're quicker than me. :P

Haha you're welcome! :D

For the initial posting: some people in Austria also call President Van der Bellen a fascist dictator. Although I would never ever vote for him, I think such labeling is just ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Haha you're welcome! :D

For the initial posting: some people in Austria also call President Van der Bellen a fascist dictator. Although I would never ever vote for him, I think such labeling is just ridiculous.

Speaking of Austria, I forgot to add to the list of individuals I have second-hand knowledge of real tyranny of above the elderly Austrian woman who lived next door to me where I grew up as a child and adolescent and who I mowed her lawn for her for extra spending money who told me quite chilling tales of her being a schoolgirl in Vienna in 1938...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're right, I'm sorry. Just... you'd think things would have happened before now, wouldn't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting playthrough. I'm not sure how Montana became so strongly Blue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished a play myself, MT, KY, GA, AZ, AK, AR, MS, WI, PA, MI, and LA all flipped to Gillibrand-Castro, while OH and TX remained Trump country, with the popular vote being roughly 60-38.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

Just finished a play myself, MT, KY, GA, AZ, AK, AR, MS, WI, PA, MI, and LA all flipped to Gillibrand-Castro, while OH and TX remained Trump country, with the popular vote being roughly 60-38.

No way in hell that Kentucky goes Democrat with that ticket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about to play through the scenario again, here's how everything looks October 1st, 2019 (i'm playing as Gillibrand)

Democrats:

Biden (undecided): 21.5%

Sanders (undecided): 12.4%

Booker: 9.8%

Gillibrand: 4.6%

Garcetti: 4.3%

Sherrod Brown: 2.4%

Hickenlooper: 2%

Guttierez: 1.8%

Holder: 1.3%

Delaney: 0.5%

Republicans

Trump: 41.1%

Kasich: 11.4%

Paul: 5%

Corker: 1.2%


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 12:15 PM, MysteryKnight said:

I'm about to play through the scenario again, here's how everything looks October 1st, 2019 (i'm playing as Gillibrand)

Democrats:

Biden (undecided): 21.5%

Sanders (undecided): 12.4%

Booker: 9.8%

Gillibrand: 4.6%

Garcetti: 4.3%

Sherrod Brown: 2.4%

Hickenlooper: 2%

Guttierez: 1.8%

Holder: 1.3%

Delaney: 0.5%

Republicans

Trump: 41.1%

Kasich: 11.4%

Paul: 5%

Corker: 1.2%


 

Go Sherrod Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, vcczar said:

Go Sherrod Brown

Not looking too great for him. but he is leading in Iowa

 

January 1 polling

Democrats:

Biden: 33.8%

Sanders: 21.1%

Gillibrand: 9.1%

Booker: 8.9%

Garcetti: 7.4%

Hickenlooper: 4.9%

Sherrod Brown: 4.8%

Holder: 3.1%

Guttierez: 2.8%

Delaney: 1.2%

 

Republicans

Trump: 51%

Kasich: 23.4%

Corker: 9%

Paul: 6.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March 4  delegate count

Biden: 635

Garcetti: 400

Holder: 154

Hickenlooper: 149

Sanders: 127

Booker: 111

Gillibrand: 71

Brown: 49

Delaney: 26

Guttierez: 15

 

Booker and Delaney withdraw one day after Super Tuesday. And then the next day, Paul, Corker, Hickenlooper, and Holder all withdraw.

Trump: 678

Kasich: 129

Corker: 118

Paul: 41

 

Trump and Biden are the clear front runners right now. Garcetti is actually only polling at 3%, but he won California so he got a lot of delegates from that (similar with Holder, who won Texas but nothing else)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump easily won the Republican nomination early on (I believe March 17 was when he officially secured the nomination). 

Joe Biden did very well for Democrats, but progressives in the party clearly wouldn't let him run away too easily as there will be a contested convention. 

cotnestconv.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the convention, Brown gave his delegates to Sanders, while everyone else gave them Kirsten Gillibrand. It now comes down to Sanders. Whoever he gives his delegates to will become the nominee....

Sanders delegates go to Kirsten Gillibrand and Gillibrand is the democratic nominee. 

Tickets:

Trump/Gingrich

Gillibrand/Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MysteryKnight said:

At the convention, Brown gave his delegates to Sanders, while everyone else gave them Kirsten Gillibrand. It now comes down to Sanders. Whoever he gives his delegates to will become the nominee....

Sanders delegates go to Kirsten Gillibrand and Gillibrand is the democratic nominee. 

Tickets:

Trump/Gingrich

Gillibrand/Brown

That Republican ticket is horrifying. Two old, angry White guys. I like Brown as a VP option for Democrats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little let than a month until the election. Trump currently leads (though Gillibrand would likely end up winning popular vote). The Midwest is turning quite red, while areas like the Southeast may be turning out in favor for the democrats. 

27 days.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the end, Gillibrand was not able to take the White House from Trump. But she did manage to win the popular vote by over 4% (6 million+ votes!). 

Blue states went even more blue this time (Dems got over 70% of the vote in Cali, NY, VT, and RI, as well as 60+% in a number of other states). Republicans barely held onto PA, WI, MI, and squeaked out a victory in MN too. Interesting win from the Dems in Indiana though. I attached the results file also if you want to see all the state results

 

 

fians.png

ree.csv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×