270soft Forum
electorclark

Game Questions

Honestly, I've played President Infinity a few times on different settings, and I still struggle so much with the 2016 campaign. 

Playing as Warren, I usually take Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada after slowly building up footsoldiers and selecting them within my strategy from the off. I win all the debates, I drop ads a few weeks prior to caucuses/primaries, and still, I can never beat Clinton. As soon as the first four primaries are done, I fall behind and just cannot seem to beat her. 

I know people will've asked these questions hundreds of times before, but I'm at a complete loss! 

25 minutes ago, electorclark said:

Honestly, I've played President Infinity a few times on different settings, and I still struggle so much with the 2016 campaign. 

Playing as Warren, I usually take Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada after slowly building up footsoldiers and selecting them within my strategy from the off. I win all the debates, I drop ads a few weeks prior to caucuses/primaries, and still, I can never beat Clinton. As soon as the first four primaries are done, I fall behind and just cannot seem to beat her. 

I know people will've asked these questions hundreds of times before, but I'm at a complete loss! 

Considering 2016 was, in RL, the absolute worst U.S. Presidential Election all around, and especially for the GE candidates in their entirety, since 1852, maybe try a different election? :P

Trying to win the 2016 primaries against Clinton is tough. You need to gain national momentum because her support to start is so widespread. Winning the primaries is a start, but also focus on scandals, key endorsements, and cheap, effective ads. An important aspect of these is timing - you want high momentum heading into Super Tuesday, for example.

11 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Trying to win the 2016 primaries against Clinton is tough. You need to gain national momentum because her support to start is so widespread. Winning the primaries is a start, but also focus on scandals, key endorsements, and cheap, effective ads. An important aspect of these is timing - you want high momentum heading into Super Tuesday, for example.

Thanks, that all seems like good advice.