270soft Forum
TheMiddlePolitical

General Election only Results

Du Pont/Roberston (rep) vs McGovern/Cuomo (I)(dem) vs Duke/Parker (pop)--high unemployment makes populism rise,and finally a second term president again!

Capture.PNG

McGovern second term

-McGovern able to pass a mold of what the NHS was through congress (democrats gained back congress,only by a slight majority)

-Passes and champions the "United American immigration act" allowing illegals from Canada and Mexico who have no criminal history and work the ability to become citizens immediately 

-Passes laws to make income inequality as non existent as possible

-Tech jobs soar,however industrial job market continues to crumble

-Avoided war with the Dictatorship of Columbia (Accused of work camps,and killing citizens)

-Started a democratic relation with the Far-Right Russia

-Average approval 54%

McGovern/Cuomo(I)(dem) vs Buchanan/Duke (rep)----That Republican ticket,just wow.---the expected outcome however Florida and Nevada?

Capture.PNG

11 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

McGovern second term

-McGovern able to pass a mold of what the NHS was through congress (democrats gained back congress,only by a slight majority)

-Passes and champions the "United American immigration act" allowing illegals from Canada and Mexico who have no criminal history and work the ability to become citizens immediately 

-Passes laws to make income inequality as non existent as possible

-Tech jobs soar,however industrial job market continues to crumble

-Avoided war with the Dictatorship of Columbia (Accused of work camps,and killing citizens)

-Average approval 54%

First of all, "illegals from Canada" were never a real significant issue. In fact, the number of "illegals" from the United States in Canada absolutely dwarfed the reverse.

Secondly, nations, outside of those in cheesy pulps and comic books, do not REALLY use "Dictatorship of <Blank>" as official names of their countries.

13 hours ago, Patine said:

First of all, "illegals from Canada" were never a real significant issue. In fact, the number of "illegals" from the United States in Canada absolutely dwarfed the reverse.

Secondly, nations, outside of those in cheesy pulps and comic books, do not REALLY use "Dictatorship of <Blank>" as official names of their countries.

Even though illegals from Canada were not in issue,in this legislation, it was not just going to include Mexico and completely leave Canada out. Also that is just a name for the the official name of the country is still Columbia

McGovern third term

-Announces this WILL be his final term

-With a Democratic supermajority in Congress the NHS is fully reimplemented

-The national debt reaches the trillions

-Renegotiates AAFTA

-Industrial jobs start to flow back in

-College tuition costs now up to being 60% cut

-Enters war with Columbia,Lasts 2 years With full NATO and UN support the USA wins with 950 casualties to Columbias 22k 

-Average approval 55%

Cuomo/Kennedy (dem) vs Gingrich/Powell (rep) ---Big win for Gingrich,Powell helps with being very moderate

Capture.PNG

9 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

McGovern third term

-Announces this WILL be his final term

-With a Democratic supermajority in Congress the NHS is fully reimplemented

-The national debt reaches the trillions

-Renegotiates AAFTA

-Industrial jobs start to flow back in

-College tuition costs now up to being 60% cut

-Enters war with Columbia,Lasts 2 years With full NATO and UN support the USA wins with 950 casualties to Columbias 22k 

-Average approval 55%

Full NATO and UN support? This sounds like Colombia must be something more than a run-of-the-mill Third World despotism with a bad human rights record. What shocking aspects and capabilities does their regime have that makes it a much more imminent and horrific threat than, say, Zimbabwe, Myanmar, Eritrea, or the DRC, who nobody cares at all about intervening in militarily, or even with any serious sanctions, despite also being Third World despotisms with awful human rights records?

5 hours ago, Patine said:

Full NATO and UN support? This sounds like Colombia must be something more than a run-of-the-mill Third World despotism with a bad human rights record. What shocking aspects and capabilities does their regime have that makes it a much more imminent and horrific threat than, say, Zimbabwe, Myanmar, Eritrea, or the DRC, who nobody cares at all about intervening in militarily, or even with any serious sanctions, despite also being Third World despotisms with awful human rights records?

Basically with no North Korea in this timeline,this is this timelines North Korea,but being much more aggressive towards the Democratic world, and South America is of course very close to North America and its allies,therefore a much more imminent threat. 

10 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Basically with no North Korea in this timeline,this is this timelines North Korea,but being much more aggressive towards the Democratic world, and South America is of course very close to North America and its allies,therefore a much more imminent threat. 

Where did North Korea go (I must have missed something)?

Also, how did this coalition handily and decisively win a complete victory in a nation that's mostly rainforest, mountains, and rainforested mountains with a strong penchant for guerilla warfare in just two years?

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Where did North Korea go (I must have missed something)?

Also, how did this coalition handily and decisively win a complete victory in a nation that's mostly rainforest, mountains, and rainforested mountains with a strong penchant for guerilla warfare in just two years?

MacArthurs first term(only term),and just overwhelming force (Remember many presidents in this play through were army and navy heavy focused) 

Gingrich first term

-Split the NHS into a middle ground between government funded and privatized

-Increased military spending

-Decreased public college tuition spending

-Lowered taxes on rich re implied "trickle down economics"

-Officially negotiated and implemented a democratic government into Columbia (Conservative de Republicans win the countries presidency)

-Starts to rebuild industry to the fullest,renogiates AAFTA again

-OFFICIALLY makes Puerto Rico a state(!) with 7 EV's,US assumes PR's debt (not as bad as current)(50/50 split because a Republican made them a state)

-Average approval 56%

Biden/Nelson(dem) vs Gingrich/Powell(I)(rep)---a great victory for the popular incumbent(Powells priority was New York as Gingrich said "I beat Cuomo last election on the country part,now I am going for his state")

Capture.PNG

9 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

MacArthurs first term(only term),and just overwhelming force (Remember many presidents in this play through were army and navy heavy focused) 

You didn't answer the second question (which actually refers to Colombia, not to North Korea).

Also, how did MacArthur prevent his policies in East Asia from NOT flairing into WW3 in the '50's by angering Stalin and his plans and agendas much more overtly?

Do you see now (or start to see) my issues, problems, and perceived flaws with alternate history? I find these kinds of questions build up endlessly, and the authors of said alternate history timelines often become more and more fanciful, contrived, ridiculous, or desperate to answer them, or just smooth them over in highly unrealistic ways. You're not the only, and this is why, even though I am an amateur (unpublished) author of fiction who does incorporate my socio-political knowledge into affairs, I don't touch the alternate history, or the related time travel, genres. But with final warning, please carry on. I will say no more...

5 hours ago, Patine said:

You didn't answer the second question (which actually refers to Colombia, not to North Korea).

Also, how did MacArthur prevent his policies in East Asia from NOT flairing into WW3 in the '50's by angering Stalin and his plans and agendas much more overtly?

Do you see now (or start to see) my issues, problems, and perceived flaws with alternate history? I find these kinds of questions build up endlessly, and the authors of said alternate history timelines often become more and more fanciful, contrived, ridiculous, or desperate to answer them, or just smooth them over in highly unrealistic ways. You're not the only, and this is why, even though I am an amateur (unpublished) author of fiction who does incorporate my socio-political knowledge into affairs, I don't touch the alternate history, or the related time travel, genres. But with final warning, please carry on. I will say no more...

Yes I agree alternate history has an endless amount of issues, I was necessarily even making this play through that's what I only have 5-7 things happening each term,When i do my start of the USA-future play through I will do actual type ups and primaries etc 

Gingrich second term

-Lowered taxes across the board by 4%(!)

-Made Privatized healthcare a priority over the NHS

-College tuition now no longer subsidized (Huge approval hit)

-Vowed to balance the budget and start paying back our $3.5 trillion dollar debt

-(surprisingly) agree with former Senator and writer Al Gore on global warming,invented EPA made Al Gore head

-Because of no USSR,in Middle East no 9/11, no Bin Laden,no Tailaben, however cult extremist groups are the headline 

-Average approval 45%

Trump/Clark(dem) vs Gingrich/Powell(rep) ---TRUMP WINS!---Probably the most intresting EV map Ive seen,Trump dominates completly in the Rust Belt,and suprsingly winning liberal states to,he promised to bring inner cities education reform and jobs,while also promising the tech industry and industrial jobs the same,He truly runs as a centrist canidate (Except on immigration and military hes far right,Healthcare supports universal though doesnt champion it,slightly supports free college tuition) 

Capture.PNG

12 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Trump/Clark(dem) vs Gingrich/Powell(rep) 

Trump was part of the Reform Party in 2004.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Trump was part of the Reform Party in 2004.

I'm using @vcczar scenario,and in the descrip. it says he was a Dem. 

@Patine I found an article saying for 8 years in the 2000's he was a dem. 

2 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

@Patine I found an article saying for 8 years in the 2000's he was a dem. 

That would be odd, considering he was in attendance at all the Reform Party conventions and fundraisers - on the members lists - in that period, and had his campaign jet for a potential New York Gubernatorial run in that period (which he never used, but there's a picture of it on the Internet) painted with a dominant purple colour scheme (the Reform Party colour) and the stylized eagle head that is of the specific design that is the official Reform Party logo.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

That would be odd, considering he was in attendance at all the Reform Party conventions and fundraisers - on the members lists - in that period, and had his campaign jet for a potential New York Gubernatorial run in that period (which he never used, but there's a picture of it on the Internet) painted with a dominant purple colour scheme (the Reform Party colour) and the stylized eagle head that is of the specific design that is the official Reform Party logo.

I know in the past he campaigned for Reform Party canidates and such but I did know he was a Democrat for some time 

1 minute ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I know in the past he campaigned for Reform Party canidates and such but I did know he was a Democrat for some time 

Well, I guess then he's just been a two-faced, uncommitted, sellout with no real political beliefs or convictions of his own, just pure opportunism and sensationalism, since significantly before 2015.

Trumps first term

-Revokes the "Open immigration act" only to Mexico however,making illegal Mexicans,simply illegal and that they must be deported

-Imposed tariffs on (the same as IOT) China,China negoitated to make a better trade deal with the U.S

-Brought an incredible amount of jobs to the Rust Belt,Infrastructure,Gas,Oil,Steel,Coal jobs. 

-Focused on building up the what he called "Communist ridden" infrastructure. 

-Sep 27 2006, A Cult called "Gods new Sons" planted a series of bombs on the empire state building,around 17 explosions occured, Killing 589 people. The building however did not collapse. (Gods New Sons was founded in Montana,first supposedly taking over a small town of 500 and now own about 250 sq miles of Montana,though the government has not interfered) 

-CHANGED TO REFORM PARTY called the Democrats "Not as level headed" as he is. 

-Helped inner cities across the US build back up such as Chicago,Detroit,and New Orleans

-Slightly increased the NHS funding (bringing it back)

-Slightly increased college tuition forgiveness funding

-Average approval 44%

Also I will now be doing a "Popularity poll ev map",pre next election for now on to show the popularity (and expected vote outcome) of each state for for the parties

2008 predicted: 

Capture.PNG

Puerto Rico-Republican-173 EV

Trump/Clark (I)(ref) vs Paul/Romney (rep) vs Richardson/Obama (dem)---Supreme court rules that only a simple majority is now needed to win an election,only ties will result in the candidate with the higher popular vote to win. ---Paul was the 84' Republican nominee. 

First election polls to include all nominees MAP: https://imgur.com/a/Hv4a6 Republicans:Puerto Rico (7EV)

Capture.PNG