270soft Forum
TheMiddlePolitical

General Election only Results

Humphreys first term

-Signed and put into effect the NHS

-Made public university free for all

-Reincorporated tax brackets (20%,23%,30%)---Big hit to approval

-Decreased military spending,Major spending into infrastructure 

-Begins negotiations with the USSR to already end the cold war,he received backlash for this

-Average approval 46%

Taft/Nixon (rep) vs Humphrey/Kennedy (I)(dem) ---A huge upset,Humphrey was expected to win up to a week before the election (Taft didn't die as he did irl)

Capture.PNG

Taft second term

-Continued investing into infrastructure 

-Made becoming a U.S citizen much easier (He called it "open border unity act",though it acted the same way as our system today)

-The Cold War ends after negotiations (remember nuclear weapons were destroyed, so there was no arms race,letting it end much faster)

-USA Ranks #1 for health insurance in the world

-Increases military spending

-Unsubsidized the Free Public College Act (this would be to increase military spending,and lower taxes)

-Lowered all tax brackets by 2%

-Announced he would not run for re-election

-Average approval 55%

Dewey/Stassen (rep) vs Humphrey/Kennedy (dem)---Major scandals ruin Dewey's chances 

Capture.PNG

Humphrey second term

-Democratic Vietnam demands an independence referendum,with the US and Allies support it succeeds, there is now a North and South Vietnam 

-Cracked down on major corporations evading taxes 

-Decreased military spending

-Re subsidized free public college (a never ending cycle) 

-Raised all tax brackets by 4% (This would start the attempt to get out of debt,which wasn't very much)

-Scandal were Humphrey was accused of cheating on his wife,and lieing under oath,beginning the impeachment process,at the end he avoids it,tanked approval

-Average approval 40%

Lodge Jr/Rockefeller (rep) vs Humphrey/Brown (I)(dem) ---Lodge Jr fails again,with another EV landslide

Capture.PNG

Humphreys third term

-Attempted to abolish the electoral college,making pop vote the option,that failed

-Puppeted Democratic Vietnam,making them an american colony

-Made laws to prevent discrimination against race and religion 

-Imposed the first major environmental regulations

-Announced he will not seek a fourth term

-Average approval 42%

Romney/Rockefeller (rep) vs McGovern/Sanford (dem)---McGovern unexpectedly,puts up a hard fight---In a simulated election with Humphrey running for re-election he wins against the same ticket with 55% of the pv and 399 EV

Capture.PNG

Romney first term

-Lowered taxes on wealthy to 20% (was 32) Imposed "trickle down economics" 

-Lowered Middle and Low tax brackets to 18%

-Ended subsidizing of free public college,also made a restriction were this could not be change for atleast 20 years. 

-Drew back environmental restrictions on industry 

-Made a stock market exchange tax 

-Started mission to put a man on mars.

-Many minor scandals involving bushiness expenditures 

-Average approval 41%

-Romney,facing many threats of business lawsuits,and says he has been threatened and fears his life (perhaps because of the stock market) vows to not run for a second term,props Rockefeller as the nominee 

Rockefeller/Bush (rep) vs Sanfrod/Shrider-- @vcczar Rockefellers bonuses are i think glitched he has -50 to -90 in almost every state---A massive upset

Capture.PNG

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎17 at 5:21 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Romney/Rockefeller (rep) vs McGovern/Sanford (dem)---McGovern unexpectedly,puts up a hard fight---In a simulated election with Humphrey running for re-election he wins against the same ticket with 55% of the pv and 399 EV

Capture.PNG

A Mormon winning the U.S. Presidency in 1968? His son was even viciously attacked for his religion by Gingrich and Santorum in the Republican Primaries as late as 2012 in RL.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎17 at 5:16 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Humphreys third term

-Attempted to abolish the electoral college,making pop vote the option,that failed

-Puppeted Democratic Vietnam,making them an american colony

-Made laws to prevent discrimination against race and religion 

-Imposed the first major environmental regulations

-Announced he will not seek a fourth term

-Average approval 42%

Has the "Puppeted Democratic Vietnam" become ungovernable yet due to continued insurgency, or on the brink of becoming so?

On 2/19/2018 at 2:03 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Rockefeller/Bush (rep) vs Sanfrod/Shrider-- @vcczar Rockefellers bonuses are i think glitched he has -50 to -90 in almost every state

Weird. I'll fix that when I get back to the 1972 election. He should have bonuses in the Northeast, but bonus negatives in the conservative states, but definitely nothing that large. 

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Weird. I'll fix that when I get back to the 1972 election. He should have bonuses in the Northeast, but bonus negatives in the conservative states, but definitely nothing that large. 

I'll actually go back to previous elections and check to,its the first election i noticed because when i first simmed he only won the west coast, It may be affecting other election also 

7 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I'll actually go back to previous elections and check to,its the first election i noticed because when i first simmed he only won the west coast, It may be affecting other election also 

Thanks!

Sanford first term

-Announces right away  this will be his only term

-Raises Large company tax,champions for small buisness

-Creates a trade league with Germany,France,UK,and Canada

-First president to majorly comment on abortion says it is "A sin to the law and humanity" 

-Says Homosexual marriage should "never be legalized" after a CA state rep brought it to the states floor

-Quiet presidency otherwise,not very liked and was much,much less progressive then he campaigned on

-Continued to keep trying to kill racism (this was the major part of his progressiveness) 

-Starts the war on poverty (though it is not nearly as bad as IRL) try to completely rid of all poverty 

-Average approval 37%

On 2/19/2018 at 4:54 PM, Patine said:

Has the "Puppeted Democratic Vietnam" become ungovernable yet due to continued insurgency, or on the brink of becoming so?

No because of how the timeline has aligned events,and with Romney being mormon, Rockefeller really drove that ticket (probably why he lost aganist Sanford) and his religion ended up not being an issue

Reagan/Ford (rep) vs Bayh/Carter (dem) vs McCarthy/Nader (ind) --A hard fought election

Capture.PNG

4 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

No because of how the timeline has aligned events,and with Romney being mormon, Rockefeller really drove that ticket (probably why he lost aganist Sanford) and his religion ended up not being an issue

I think you gave the wrong answer to the wrong question. If you have political ambitions and give the wrong answers to the wrong questions blatantly at a press conference, your career will tank...

3 hours ago, Patine said:

I think you gave the wrong answer to the wrong question. If you have political ambitions and give the wrong answers to the wrong questions blatantly at a press conference, your career will tank...

I am definetly not going to pay as much attention to a election play by play answer type up i do before work ,as to something i do irl..lol

Reagans first term

-Went to war with the democratic Vietnam's Far-Right revolt,lasts 2 years,low american high Vietnamese casualties as terrorism was used. the Far Right revolt fails

-After a failing 20th century economy,Fall of the USSR,and being left out of the trade circle between democratic nations, Russia turns to populist fascism, as the Pochvennichestvo, wins both the presidential elections and majority in there parliament. The world is angered.

-Ended the free public college education program, However made Public high schools,middle,elementary schools free and to be paid through taxes (All of these schools were considered private institutions)  

-Begins the subsudizing of private healthcare institutions,as only the NHS was available, and Reagan critized it because if the healthcare budget was not high enough, healthcare quality would decrease (He also started to pick away at the NHS)

-Balances the budget,and gets the USA out of there small, but noticeable debt

-Average approval 50%

Reagan/Ford (I)(rep) vs Brown/Jordan(first black VP nominee) (dem) ---Campaign scandals for Reagan, Highest black turnout ever 87%) for Brown (94% went to Brown) --One of the greatest political upsets ever. 

Capture.PNG

Browns first term

-Even though he strongly supproted it, the NHS continued to crumble, Since Republicans had a majority in congress. The Republicans have now implemented around 50% of there dismantlement of it.

-Though he didn't get Free Public college passed again, He increased the budge enough to cut Public College tuition by 25% nationally

-Very strong on protecting the environment, most regulations ever. 

-Brought Marijuana for medical use to discussion.

-Was found to be cheating on his wife 1 week before primaries began, lied under oath, and was impeached and did not run for a second term,FOURTH one term president in a row. 

-Average approval 40%

Paul/Connaly (rep) vs McGovern/Jackson (dem) vs Anderson/Lucey (un)---Both men having high favorability, it was a close election, with an interesting map. -In multiple states,Anderson could be blamed for Pauls loss of them 

Anderson has the best third party appearance than we've seen in a very long time 

Capture.PNG

Mcgoverns first term

-Continued to try to bring free college tuition back,now increased from 25% to 45% 

-NHS totally dismantled as Democrats continue to be dominated in congress,now privatized healthcare. McGovern promises in second term to try to bring it back.

-Created The AAFTA (All American Free Trade Agreement) Which included, Canada,USA,Mexico,Brazil,Chile,and Argentina 

-Industrial job market crumbles,many steel mill and coal mining workers lose there job, Unemployment goes to 7% (!) 

-Raises tax on Rich,massively decreases taxes for poor

-Blames unemployment on Republicans dominating congress (works to an extent) 

-Average approval 50%