270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

General Historical Scenarios Update

@vcczar I know it's one of the last ones you'll do, but a feature article on Wikipedia brought him up for me. Are you including Michigan Congressman Thaddeus McCotter in the 2012 scenario? Apparently, he wasn't just a what-if, but was formally in the Republican Primaries. However, he had VERY little visibility, only one interview (on the Red Eye news show on Fox News), consistently scored less than 1% in Primary straw polls, and was never invited to a Primary debate. He apparently dropped out on Sept. 22, 2011, and endorsed Romney. As I said, I only think to ask about him because a Wikipedia feature article about him recently popped up.

11 hours ago, Patine said:

@vcczar I know it's one of the last ones you'll do, but a feature article on Wikipedia brought him up for me. Are you including Michigan Congressman Thaddeus McCotter in the 2012 scenario? Apparently, he wasn't just a what-if, but was formally in the Republican Primaries. However, he had VERY little visibility, only one interview (on the Red Eye news show on Fox News), consistently scored less than 1% in Primary straw polls, and was never invited to a Primary debate. He apparently dropped out on Sept. 22, 2011, and endorsed Romney. As I said, I only think to ask about him because a Wikipedia feature article about him recently popped up.

I'll likely add him. I remember when he ran. He was playing a guitar, I think. He seemed like a very unlikely Republican. 

14 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I'm going to add them when I get the time.  However, I'm currently in the middle of taking 18 hours worth of college classes, so my free time is limited.  This combined with extracurricular activities and time spent hanging out with friends doesn't leave me much to work on the scenario.  Although, I hope to put in work over the summer with the suggestions that Vcczar made.

My hands are kind of full, too. But I could do some of the work for you. I wager, if I get to 1860 before you get to 1824, I could go back and input a lot of the stuff, and then you can just go back in and change what you don't like. I won't make any changes that I didn't email to you, so you would know what would happen. If anything else happens, I'd email you before I did it. However, I'm on 1832, so it might be summer by the time I get to 1860, the pace that I'm going. 

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, vcczar said:

My hands are kind of full, too. But I could do some of the work for you. I wager, if I get to 1860 before you get to 1824, I could go back and input a lot of the stuff, and then you can just go back in and change what you don't like. I won't make any changes that I didn't email to you, so you would know what would happen. If anything else happens, I'd email you before I did it. However, I'm on 1832, so it might be summer by the time I get to 1860, the pace that I'm going. 

I would be fine with you making the changes (or at least starting on them).  I'll probably use most (if not all) of your suggestions, so the changes you would probably make would be right in line with what I would be editing.

5 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I would be fine with you making the changes (or at least starting on them).  I'll probably use most (if not all) of your suggestions, so the changes you would probably make would be right in line with what I would be editing.

Is the latest version on the download page? If so, I'll start to slowly update it when I have the chance. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Is the latest version on the download page? If so, I'll start to slowly update it when I have the chance. 

Yes

15 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

Yes

Ok, I'll post changes that I make on the forum, so you know what I've done, and what you may or may not want to undo. 

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

Ok, I'll post changes that I make on the forum, so you know what I've done, and what you may or may not want to undo. 

Sounds good

Finally got around to adding those candidates I mentioned previously to their respective campaign pages. Some of them may be already in the game. I didn't have time to double check, so apologies if this is the case. Going to research a few more tonight.

Just another little reminder for myself for later. I've done potential VPs and presidents up to 1916 (though not all elections had any I could see). Whenever I get back to this I'll be going from 1920 and onward.