270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Presidentinsertname

The death of ukip.

Where can UKIP go from here? They accomplished what they wanted; a successful Brexit vote(in their eyes). It was a single issue party that lacks the charisma of Nigel, so it was bound to die rather quickly. 

2 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Where can UKIP go from here? They accomplished what they wanted; a successful Brexit vote(in their eyes). It was a single issue party that lacks the charisma of Nigel, so it was bound to die rather quickly. 

I believe @jvikings1 had words to the contrary, but I can't quite remember what he had said.

2 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Well Brexit has yet to actually happen.

3 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

go and do a hostile take over of the torys and put them off of the the whole 1984 path.

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

i dont think it happen and I hope they try to overturn it and it led to the civil war that the uk needed for a long time I am now convice that there is no peacefull solution to the corruption of every party that is in the uk commons david davis resigning in protest and a leader challage by him is the only hope that the uk got to avoid a 1984 dictatorship peacefully.

20 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

i dont think it happen and I hope they try to overturn it and it led to the civil war that the uk needed for a long time I am now convice that there is no peacefull solution to the corruption of every party that is in the uk commons david davis resigning in protest and a leader challage by him is the only hope that the uk got to avoid a 1984 dictatorship peacefully.

You seem eager to see civil war hit countries like Spain and the UK as "the only way to resolve certain issue." I don't know if you've notice, but the U.S. seems viciously divided upon itself in a way with no easy resolution either. Would you like civil war to come to your front door too?

4 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

I know there were talks of a second vote, but nothing has came from the talks yet. But the Vite happen, and negotiations are in place. So it may not of happen yet, but due to success of UKIP lobbying for it, it will.

9 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I know there were talks of a second vote, but nothing has came from the talks yet. But the Vite happen, and negotiations are in place. So it may not of happen yet, but due to success of UKIP lobbying for it, it will.

Ukip ismt lobby for it farage said they should be prepare for one. 

23 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

The UK hasn't left yet (there is still at least 1 more year of membership) and many Brexiteers are pretty mad at the progress of negotiations.  In their eyes, Theresa May has continually capitulated on issue after issue which will result in the UK leaving in name only.  That would mean loosing their voting rights but staying in most of the institutions of the EU while paying a bill.

However, they do need to reform the party because the internal structure is a bloated organizational and bureaucratic mess.  It also needed an exciting leader.  Their best bet would be to get Nigel to return to that position.  Otherwise, I'm not sure who would fit the role.

UK politics is an actual joke, can never find a party to actually vote for.

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, wolves said:

agreed

On 26/01/2018 at 11:41 PM, wolves said:

What about Labour?

Just now, Wiw said:

What about Labour?

So far left( @Patine I am not kidding. ) that it makes bernie sanders look like a far right fascist. who leader who is so dumb that he thought he won a election that he lost. who wants to damage relations with the us because of who is president. http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/07/voting-for-jeremy-corbyn-isnt-just-dumb-its-dangerous/  he also flip flop on the eu issue to stay in power too.

7 minutes ago, Wiw said:

What about Labour?

Leader is dumb and his selections for most cabinet positions are stupid but I'd probably vote for them considerably how the Conservative party messed up my educational life and doesn't do me any favors.

2 minutes ago, wolves said:

Leader is dumb and his selections for most cabinet positions are stupid but I'd probably vote for them considerably how the Conservative party messed up my educational life and doesn't do me any favors.

what if may isnt leader in 2022.

1 minute ago, Presidentinsertname said:

what if may isnt leader in 2022.

David Cameron was the one who affected me mainly. I can't see the appeal in the tories.

On 1/26/2018 at 11:41 PM, wolves said:

It's unfair to single out the UK. Western politics in general has taken a rather sour turn in the past few years. 

Although, paradoxically, the two main parties received their highest combined vote share in 2017 since 1970, despite neither of them exactly being popular. 

On 1/30/2018 at 8:07 AM, Presidentinsertname said:

So far left( @Patine I am not kidding. ) that it makes bernie sanders look like a far right fascist. who leader who is so dumb that he thought he won a election that he lost. who wants to damage relations with the us because of who is president. http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/07/voting-for-jeremy-corbyn-isnt-just-dumb-its-dangerous/  he also flip flop on the eu issue to stay in power too.

To be fair, Sanders is only left-of-center in the broad scheme of things. But I agree the current in Labour over the past few years is quite a bit further to the left than the Anglosphere has been used to. Even Corbyn is a bit to my right, however.

As for the EU thing - you may well call it flip-flopping, and I don't think it's the wrong word to use. But Corbyn is historically personally opposed to UK membership in the EU and since being elected leader of the party at the same time the Brexit idea jumped from UKIP into the mainstream, it became fairly disadvantageous to be so publicly pro-Brexit within the Labour party.

It is absolutely a political motive, but if Brexit ultimately goes through, it makes little difference which way he felt was best. Also fair to say that Corbyn, coming from a more Marxist tradition, probably has little qualms taking advantage of political capital when he has what he sees as a greater opportunity around the corner if he can keep that capital, especially if - as I said - the exact stance he has is politically inconsequential (as Labour is not in power and thus does not have to actually handle the details of the negotiations, just pick up afterward).

Well, I think its final death is near with recent events.  However, it's being reported that Nigel and Aaron Banks could start an alternative party.

On 25/01/2018 at 8:46 PM, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Once Brexit was accomplished, the only reason for UKIP to exist has left

That's why in 2017 the Labour and the Tories came back to 40% like in the 60's (and also the autodestruction of the Libdems and the incoherence of the Greens helped a lot)

But if someone is interested, the Brexit movement shutdown in France

The National Front of Marine le Pen now endorses the Europe and the euro (what do you want, she wants to be the first female president of France) and now the Right "Les Republicains" is more right than the National Front xD (they elected a weird dangerous right wing populist named Laurent Wauquiez)

But there are 2 little pro Frexit in France, the n°2 of the FN created his own party when Marine became pro UE named "Les Patriotes", they got 2% of the vote in last by elections and Nigel Farage made a speech in the intro for them

These are the first 2 mins of the vid.

If you are interested about, he tells how the independentist UE parties meet as struggles against the "financial elites":