270soft Forum
NYrepublican

You might like this

5 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Britain has, in it's collective self-identity, considered itself politically and culturally very distinct (read - not part of) Europe effectively since the loss of Calais during the reign Mary I in the mid-16th Century. That never REALLY changed, even during their membership in the EEC, then EU, from 1979-just recently, to be honest.

5 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Wouldn't the ministry of mental health and addiction be better suited to help this problem, especially if their focusing on the connections to depression.  

6 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Wouldn't the ministry of mental health and addiction be better suited to help this problem, especially if their focusing on the connections to depression.  

Some nations do get quite specific with government ministries. For instance, Saudi Arabia has a completely separate Ministry of the Hajj to regulate Moslems coming to Mecca and Medina for the Hajj that's separate from the Ministries of Culture, Religion, Tourism, Borders and Customs, Commerce, or Foreign Affairs.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Some nations do get quite specific with government ministries. For instance, Saudi Arabia has a completely separate Ministry of the Hajj to regulate Moslems coming to Mecca and Medina for the Hajj that's separate from the Ministries of Culture, Religion, Tourism, Borders and Customs, Commerce, or Foreign Affairs.

Well there's an actual reason to have that. A minister of loneliness justs sounds stupid.

39 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Well there's an actual reason to have that. A minister of loneliness justs sounds stupid.

Well, myself, I think a separate U.S. Department of Homeland Security is just Orwellian (and is certainly proving to be such), so...

12 hours ago, Patine said:

Well, myself, I think a separate U.S. Department of Homeland Security is just Orwellian (and is certainly proving to be such), so...

agree but it can be reformed.

4 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

agree but it can be reformed.

The ONLY reform that can be made in all due conscience, ethics, and legality to an agency who exists to, and is empowered to, circumvent normal laws, law-enforcement procedures, and even civic rights of the citizen's of it own nation to protect "national security" by some nebulous and ill-defined and regulated mandate is such an agency complete, utter, total, and immediate abolition. Such a statement was basically paraphrased by Boris Yeltsin in 1990 regarding the infamous Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti (translated into English as Committee on State Security). Notice the initialized acronym of the Russian name of the agency...