270soft Forum
President Trenton Adams

House of Cards 2016 Election

I've been a huge House of Cards fan since Season 1, and I've been playing President Infinity for a few months now. I decided a 2016 House of Cards edition could be fun. I've done a lot of cosmetic work for the project, such as adding all new candidates for either party, and a few vice-leader only options for both. I've also made it possible for dropped out candidates to become vice leaders. I've added new party logos and a new campaign logo. I've removed all of the events and somehow managed to really screw up the primaries. 

I've added new interviewers and removed old ones. I still need to update the current governors and senators in the endorsers, and possibly add some new endorsers. I've added the spouses for each of the new candidates, but still need to add in some other surrogates for the candidates. 

I've somewhat played around with the party platforms and the issues, as well as customized the stances for each candidate, based on their opinions in the show.

A lot of work needs to be done, mostly adding polling numbers, a few events for each month, and maybe add some third party candidates. If anyone is interested in helping me, please let me know and I will give you my email so we can correspond. 

demcandidates1.PNG

repubcandidates.PNG

Jackie Sharp and Heather Dunbar have the same photo. Looks good. I wonder what ratings you gave to them. 

14 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

Was it ever explain how a republican won a election in new york?

I think the character was created to be a jab at Trump--A New York Republican with a very low emotional IQ. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I think the character was created to be a jab at Trump--A New York Republican with a very low emotional IQ. 

he wasn't mainly because the the season the character was made was film in 2014.

4 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

@NYrepublican what do you think? how did conway win?

As an amateur author of fiction, and consumer and critic of fiction, I can answer this. There is a literary mechanism often used by authors here and there when nothing else will do, and, though it opens one to great potential criticism and scrutiny, it is still used - "because the plot demands it."

18 hours ago, Patine said:

As an amateur author of fiction, and consumer and critic of fiction, I can answer this. There is a literary mechanism often used by authors here and there when nothing else will do, and, though it opens one to great potential criticism and scrutiny, it is still used - "because the plot demands it."

but they could have use another state virginia perhaps? main hell maybe wisconsin.