270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Final Update: US 1828

8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Ok, outside of a new logo and a new map, this scenario is done. I won't post it until these are updated and also not until 1824 is put up by @jvikings1 (no rush). I'll continue on to 1832 next. 

Here is the updated file if anyone wants to play and see if I missed updating anything: 

United States - 1828-Mar16-2018.zip

I may have a political cartoon logo that kind of sums up the tenor of the Jackson- and Van Buren-era Democratic Party, and, while Jackson himself is in the cartoon, he's not in it alone, nor is it just him with a dialogue box. I'll send it too you later today to see what you think.

33 minutes ago, Patine said:

I may have a political cartoon logo that kind of sums up the tenor of the Jackson- and Van Buren-era Democratic Party, and, while Jackson himself is in the cartoon, he's not in it alone, nor is it just him with a dialogue box. I'll send it too you later today to see what you think.

Ok cool!

What about the "last winner of this state" things? I imagine the Democrats will inherit from Jackson and the Nat. Reps. will inherit from Adams.

11 minutes ago, Caprice said:

What about the "last winner of this state" things? I imagine the Democrats will inherit from Jackson and the Nat. Reps. will inherit from Adams.

You know. I'm not quite sure if that function does anything. I've tinkered with it in the past, and I so no real affect by setting those. I think they may already be set from a past update anyway. You are right about the inheritance. Adams will go Nat.Reps, and Nat. Reps to Whigs, and Jackson to Democrats. 

I thought winner of last election helped to determine who Congress votes for if they have to elect the President.

2 hours ago, Lyly said:

I thought winner of last election helped to determine who Congress votes for if they have to elect the President.

No. "Control of Congress" determines that.