270soft Forum
vcczar

Best/Worst President Since WWII

Best/Worst President Since WWII  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Best President Since WWII? (You can select more than one if you are conflicted)

2. 2. Who is the worst president since WWII (You can pick more than one if you are conflicted)

Quick poll

For my choice of best I mainly measured by Johnson's great society and for my worst it was a tossup between W. Bush and Ronald Reagan but i think Bush just barely edges out Reagan worst due Iraq and Afghanistan.

1 hour ago, WVProgressive said:

For my choice of best I mainly measured by Johnson's great society and for my worst it was a tossup between W. Bush and Ronald Reagan but i think Bush just barely edges out Reagan worst due Iraq and Afghanistan.

I did the same. I think his Great Society was such a positive move that it overshadows his Vietnam blunder. 

13 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I did the same. I think his Great Society was such a positive move that it overshadows his Vietnam blunder. 

Ultimately, at the end of the day, I feel the foreign policies of every Post-WW2 U.S. President were ultimately atrocious - some were just better in a RELATIVE sense.

17 minutes ago, Patine said:

Ultimately, at the end of the day, I feel the foreign policies of every Post-WW2 U.S. President were ultimately atrocious - some were just better in a RELATIVE sense.

I'd mostly agree with you here, which is why I'll generally grade the presidents on their domestic accomplishments, since I've nearly always disagreed with their foreign policy. 

3 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Johnsons was behind kennedy death.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

if you look in too johnson he was way worst then foreign policies (CIVIL RIGHTS WERE CARRY OVER BY KENNEDY) it shamefull that civil rights were sign by lbj instead of jfk.

I am being as unbiased as possible.

Best: Trump (due to, in my opinion, being thrown into the hardest position since FDR, with NK, Russia, unpopularity, debt, Iran, ISIS, and tons of other thlngs his predecessors left for him)

Worst: Ford (was really unprepared and ineffective)

Just now, Presidentinsertname said:

if you look in too johnson he was way worst then foreign policies (CIVIL RIGHTS WERE CARRY OVER BY KENNEDY) it shamefull that civil rights were sign by lbj instead of jfk.

I am not saying this as a republican look into him the guy was fuck up in the head. look it up he once blew up straw dogs with dynamite he once worked a mule to death. http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/16638-lyndon-johnson-was-the-ultimate-psychopath/ this what a rant i would make look like with out all the cursing.

1. Reagan/Kennedy

2. Johnson/Obama

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

Obama is worse than Nixon?

I'd certainly say so, Nixon was an ok President, he was a Moderate-to-Conservative President with some ok policies who had one major scandal. Obama on the other hand has had dozens of scandals all covered up by his administration with policies that have sent America on a dismal path.

33 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I'd certainly say so, Nixon was an ok President, he was a Moderate-to-Conservative President with some ok policies who had one major scandal. Obama on the other hand has had dozens of scandals all covered up by his administration with policies that have sent America on a dismal path.

A dismal path? Which Trump has segwayed off in his own direction off the precipice into a bleak road to oblivion, or at least ruin? You Americans really know how to elect your leaders, don't you?

5 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

outside of watergate and the war or drugs.

4 hours ago, Patine said:

A dismal path? Which Trump has segwayed off in his own direction off the precipice into a bleak road to oblivion, or at least ruin? You Americans really know how to elect your leaders, don't you?

if you look past the war on drugs and watergate he had one of the best comeback story in history.

4 hours ago, Patine said:

and considering who your prime minister is i wont be talking.

5 hours ago, Patine said:

Obama is worse than Nixon?

why is johnson always view as great? most of the shit he did was what kennedy planned to do and if you look at how fuck up in the head the man was you question why the american people voted in mass for this guy.

8 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I presume you're talking Watergate but you may be forgetting the Cambodian Invasion.

8 hours ago, Patine said:

I dont like Trump, he is Middle of the Road in my opinion, but he is WAAAY better than the last guy.

23 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I presume you're talking Watergate but you may be forgetting the Cambodian Invasion.

I don't have a problem with that. Nixon won us the War, one of the reasons he alright in my book.

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I don't have a problem with that. Nixon won us the War, one of the reasons he alright in my book

"Won us the war"? Saigon is gone, we lost, and 1,353,000 people, most of which were civilians were killed, if that's your definition of victory what's a defeat !?