270soft Forum
vcczar

Best/Worst President Since WWII

Best/Worst President Since WWII  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Best President Since WWII? (You can select more than one if you are conflicted)

2. 2. Who is the worst president since WWII (You can pick more than one if you are conflicted)

16 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I dont like Trump, he is Middle of the Road in my opinion, but he is WAAAY better than the last guy.

I don't have a problem with that. Nixon won us the War, one of the reasons he alright in my book.

Won us the war? Hate to burst your bubble but we didn't win in Vietnam. 

19 minutes ago, SeanFKennedy said:

Won us the war? Hate to burst your bubble but we didn't win in Vietnam. 

29 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

"Won us the war"? Saigon is gone, we lost, and 1,353,000 people, most of which were civilians were killed, if that's your definition of victory what's a defeat !?

Correct, we lost, but if you notice Nixon wasn't in office when we did. You see, Nixon won us the war, that is a historical fact. Nixon had a choke hold on Vietnam, bombing Hanoi and Haiphong, forcing N. Vietnam back to the Paris Peace Talks. And in Early 1973, the Accords had been initialed by the North and South as well as the U.S and Viet Cong. At the White House it was dubbed VV Day, Victory in Vietnam Day, because that is what it was, on January 23rd, 1973, Northern Vietnam had lost. The U.S. ensured that with a pledge in the Accord "Should the South require any military hardware to defend itself against any North Vietnam Aggression, the U.S. will provide replacement aid to the south on a one-to-one piece-by-piece basis. Bullet for bullet, Helicopter for Helicopter. Then, it all falls apart, in August 1974, Nixon resigns his office in the Watergate scandal. That should have no effect on the war effort right? Unfortunately, wrong. And in November, the Democratic Party wins a landslide victory gaining a supermajority in the House, and a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. Many of these new Democrats were "Peace Democrats", not in the Mold of Washington Senator Henry Jackson, but in the Mold of Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy. They were virulently Anti-War even though we were winning, they would do anything to appease the radical left which elected them. They used their new power to defund the aid which was promised to the South. Breaking the promise we had made. A Majority of Democrats in the 94th Congress refused to keep the word of the American Government. By 1975 President Ford begged directly to Congress, but many of those Democrats walked out of the Chamber. Many of them were invested in American Failure in Vietnam, they had participated in demonstrations against the war for many years. The aid had won us the war, but it was cut off. How do we know? The North Vietnamese admitted they were testing the new President and Congress. They took one village, then a town, then whole cities and provinces until they were on the doorstep of Saigon with America with its back to the South. The architect of the Democratic Foreign Policy Sen. William Fulbright (D-AR), Chair of the Foreign Relations Committee, said "I am no more distressed than I would be Arkansas losing a football game to Texas". We knew that North Vietnam would violate the accords, what we didn't know was that our own Congress would, and violate them on behalf of the enemy. The result was millions sent to re-education camps and a horrid Communist regime.

7 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

and considering who your prime minister is i wont be talking.

I definitely agree that Justin Trudeau has many flaws and has made many mistakes as a leader (like with all leaders, objectively speaking), but I find him FAR preferable of a leader to the past six U.S. Presidents, including the incumbent, to be perfectly honest.

I don't care what you say, Trump is the worst, and will always be the worst. Impeach him now!

16 minutes ago, Wiw said:

I don't care what you say, Trump is the worst, and will always be the worst. Impeach him now!

What an intellectual observation my friend!

Eisenhower and Truman were good enough.. though they were problematic in not being pro-white to the maximum extent. I think in the case of Truman about the integration of the military and Eisenhower with deployment of an airborne division to force integration in Little Rock Arkansas were problematic things.. They didn't take excessive action to dismantle white supremacy in the South as far as i know, so that's a plus.

As with all the other i said they were the worst because they're liberals.. they subscribe to a dangerous ideology that hurts the white man.

52 minutes ago, Wiw said:

so he is worst? how so ecomeny doing good unemployment low are you implying that hoover is better? or are you just Hillary.

7 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

so he is worst? how so ecomeny doing good unemployment low are you implying that hoover is better? or are you just Hillary.

Actually most of the jobs are in low wage work which means most of the time people have to take two jobs and rely government benefits just make ends meet.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I definitely agree that Justin Trudeau has many flaws and has made many mistakes as a leader (like with all leaders, objectively speaking), but I find him FAR preferable of a leader to the past six U.S. Presidents, including the incumbent, to be perfectly honest.

Lmao alright. I'd take Obama and even Wilson over him lmao

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lmao alright. I'd take Obama and even Wilson over him lmao

At this particular phase in time, I have no desire at all to even VISIT the U.S. or pass over it's airspace directly, let alone live there. If Americans keep up electing the same types of politicians you have lately, and remain locked in your broken political death spiral, the U.S. in a couple decades, at most, will become, as Trump so eloquently said, a "shithole country."

1 minute ago, Patine said:

At this particular phase in time, I have no desire at all to even VISIT the U.S. or pass over it's airspace directly, let alone live there. If Americans keep up electing the same types of politicians you have lately, and remain locked in your broken political death spiral, the U.S. in a couple decades, at most, will become, as Trump so eloquently said, a "shithole country."

Ok sure

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Ok sure

Ah, I see there the overconfidence of a citizen of a nation that has become so glutted on a legacy of greatness that it's become taken for granted and viewed as infallibly unassailable due to mere momentum. A similar attitude that the Roman, British, and Dynastic Chinese Empires also suffered from.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Ah, I see there the overconfidence of a citizen of a nation that has become so glutted on a legacy of greatness that it's become taken for granted and viewed as infallibly unassailable due to mere momentum. A similar attitude that the Roman, British, and Dynastic Chinese Empires also suffered from.

the reason america will become a shithole in the future is not because they elect classically liberal politicians like trump but because of the weight of non-whites in the US continues to increase and the shoulders of diminishing white america will fail to continue to uphold civilization.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Bud, if America is in the same condition as Haiti in a few decades, Canada will be completely screwed too, the entire world will be. To think it will happen within a few decades is a sign of your pure irrational hatred of America associated with modern progressives (or whatever word for liberal/lefty/progressive that won't trigger you.) Sometimes I find you no better than these trolls.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

Bud, if America is in the same condition as Haiti in a few decades, Canada will be completely screwed too, the entire world will be. To think it will happen within a few decades is a sign of your pure irrational hatred of America associated with modern progressives (or whatever word for liberal/lefty/progressive that won't trigger you.) Sometimes I find you no better than these trolls.

It's not hatred. And it's not a doomsday forecast I relish or desire or take glee in, and in fact I hope GREATLY I'm wrong. I'm just basing my prognostication, however grim, even apocalyptic as we know civilization, on my knowledge of history, politics, sociology, economics and other social sciences. I'm not a cackling, mad, nihilistic, doomsaying prophet, and, all-in-all, I don't like the conclusions I've reached. But, I feel it would be unfair and disingenuous to sugar-coat what I believe and humour self-deception. I want you to understand where I'm coming, as you have my motives and intents all wrong, obviously.

To be fair, Trump wasn't wrong when he referred to those countries as "shitholes". If they weren't, the refugees wouldn't be here.

5 hours ago, Patine said:

It's not hatred. And it's not a doomsday forecast I relish or desire or take glee in, and in fact I hope GREATLY I'm wrong. I'm just basing my prognostication, however grim, even apocalyptic as we know civilization, on my knowledge of history, politics, sociology, economics and other social sciences. I'm not a cackling, mad, nihilistic, doomsaying prophet, and, all-in-all, I don't like the conclusions I've reached. But, I feel it would be unfair and disingenuous to sugar-coat what I believe and humour self-deception. I want you to understand where I'm coming, as you have my motives and intents all wrong, obviously.

you do not kno de wey

13 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

To be fair, Trump wasn't wrong when he referred to those countries as "shitholes". If they weren't, the refugees wouldn't be here.

i dont think he refer them as that but i wont not care if he should have added about sweden being a shithole as well as london.

1 hour ago, SeanFKennedy said:

@vcczar meant to vote for Bush II for worst 

Ok

23 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

impeach him for what?

Human rights abuses! Not to mention, don't insult him unless you want to keep a job!

22 hours ago, Patine said:

Like it isn't already!?

1 hour ago, Wiw said:

Human rights abuses! Not to mention, don't insult him unless you want to keep a job!

What did trump quite do?

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

What did trump quite do?

Called countries where the citizens have ebola, AIDS, cholera, child marriage, honor killings, civil wars, malaria, genocide, and diets of pigeons and rats "shitholes".