270soft Forum
dindu

ol' virginny

On 12/1/2018 at 1:39 PM, Sunnymentoaddict said:

He's my Senator, and I need help trying to explain him :P. 

Jest aside, there are outliars in general demographic trends. Jews overwhelmingly vote Democratic, yet Eric Cantor was once one of the highest ranking Republicans in the nation. 

Eric Cantor was a Neo-con israel firster... he was part of the neo-con takeover of the GOP.. not a good guy.

5 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

white nationalism as with any skin color nationalism cant work because of the fact that just because you got the same skin color you arent the same race.

white nationalism is not about skin color it is about race.. who told you it is about skin color??

On 12/1/2018 at 12:46 AM, Patine said:

Of course this is the assumption that ALL non-Whites are "liberals" (or, at least, the distorted, warped, and misused definition of "liberal" many Americans and people whose political viewpoint is influenced by the common American zeitgeist of over-simplified political Manichaeiam buy into nowadays), and that the natural state of White voters, when not under "undue social influences and bad media" is to be "conservative" (again, in the faux definition of "conservative" analogous as for "liberal" above). But such an assumption I'd practically expect from koneke/dindu. The problem is, I'm seeing it more and more from people all over the place who are not as extreme and eager to buy into socio-political fairy tails, urban legends, and long-debunked myths as koneke/dindu, and that's what really worries me.

in reality there is no rightwing or conservative party in the US... there are two liberal parties.. the GOP is classically liberal and the Democrats are Socially liberal. Yes race correlates with party affiliation.. i don't even have to explain why... that is just how it is.

2 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

say that to the scots and say they are the same as the british they beat the shit out of you.

a scot and an anglo-saxon are subgroups under "white"... white people should unite and not fight each other over petty historical feuds. Our enemies are manifold.

3 hours ago, dindu said:

white nationalism is not about skin color it is about race.. who told you it is about skin color??

Human, or taxonomically homo sapien, is a single species. "Racial nationalist" or "racial purist" ideology are purely based on semantics, fear, myths, and unsubstantiated pseudo-science.

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

Human, or taxonomically homo sapien, is a single species. "Racial nationalist" or "racial purist" ideology are purely based on semantics, fear, myths, and unsubstantiated pseudo-science.

that is not true. there are clear differences between the races, behaviorally, physiologically and in other instances.. Racial purity is a perfectly normal ideal and has been so in every civilization. Homer was described as a blonde and his blonde hair was highly praised in contemporary greece. Nation is the same as race, that's a fact. Nation comes from "natio" which means birth = blood.. and blood in a modern context is genes.

7 hours ago, dindu said:

in reality there is no rightwing or conservative party in the US... there are two liberal parties.. the GOP is classically liberal and the Democrats are Socially liberal. Yes race correlates with party affiliation.. i don't even have to explain why... that is just how it is.

Saying the GoP is classically liberal is blantently wrong. There are classical liberals/libertarians within the party(Rand Paul being the most famous), but their influence is relatively small. The GoP is solidly conservative right now. When it comes to cultural issues(the confederate flag, or the kneeling protest) the GoP took the more conservative position. On taxes, the GoP took the more conservative position. Same with role of religion in the government(Trump's big push to repeal the Johnson Amendment). In short, they are nowhere being fully liberal in the classical sense. 

23 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

If you look at CNN exit polls, they vote pretty good for Trump. Here's an example from Ohio. (Though, Ohio went pretty red so these are probably more over to the right than on the national level)

ohiounion.png

Yeah, that in no way reflections that national level. Ohio and Michigan have been slowly turning into Indiana for a while now, mainly as people are leaving the major cities like Cleveland and Detroit. Trump also benefits from his rhetoric, which appealed especially towards Rust Belt labor; although, I don't think he's actually done much for them. While, as I said, Clinton stupidly ignored the region. I haven't seen such a poll, but I would assume that working class households would poll more favorable to the Democratic Party than to Clinton, and less to the Republican Party than to Trump. So a lot of it is more personality based (ie emotional) than rational/logical, in which case the voter would ignore the personalities and rhetoric and adhere to both platform and history. 

I think he's done a lot for the working class, even helping my family personally. My father works for the railroad at CSX, and was laid off for a while (something about seniority), but after the Tax Cuts and promises to help the working class they re-hired him a while later. Coal mining facilities have also reopened in Ohio, along with West Virginia.

17 minutes ago, vcczar said:

So a lot of it is more personality based (ie emotional) than rational/logical, in which case the voter would ignore the personalities and rhetoric and adhere to both platform and history. 

OK you were right up until this point. Most people in the rust belt voted for trump because he promised to end "free trade agreements"(more aptly titled outsourcing deals) and associated Clinton with, well Clinton. Bill sinned NAFTA one of the worst things to come out of the Clinton administration and trump campaigned on a platform of keeping jobs in america, now obliviously he was lying and a hypocrite having his products made in china, but the people saw a glimmer of hope in him and only saw more of the system that had forgotten them in Clinton. 

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎14 at 10:39 AM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I think he's done a lot for the working class, even helping my family personally. My father works for the railroad at CSX, and was laid off for a while (something about seniority), but after the Tax Cuts and promises to help the working class they re-hired him a while later. Coal mining facilities have also reopened in Ohio, along with West Virginia.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎14 at 10:47 AM, WVProgressive said:

OK you were right up until this point. Most people in the rust belt voted for trump because he promised to end "free trade agreements"(more aptly titled outsourcing deals) and associated Clinton with, well Clinton. Bill sinned NAFTA one of the worst things to come out of the Clinton administration and trump campaigned on a platform of keeping jobs in america, now obliviously he was lying and a hypocrite having his products made in china, but the people saw a glimmer of hope in him and only saw more of the system that had forgotten them in Clinton. 

Of course, Trump's platform isn't going to create jobs worth having or making a living off of, and aren't going to improve the economic situation in the U.S. Now, if you combined Trump and Sanders' best ideas on economics, trade, and employment, you'd have the economic situation in the U.S. since the Roaring '20's in no time. But, of course, we all know such a mixture of political ideas and platforms is political suicide in the U.S., regardless of how much good they would do, because in modern American politics, political ideological purity is allowed and fully encouraged to sabotage and kill perfectly stellar ideas that would greatly enhance the status of the nation and the people as a whole. :S