270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Final Update: US 1820

US 1820 Election Final Update  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be able to help with any of the following?

• Play through the scenario and offer general feedback.
    • Play through as the Federalists or Independents. (It should be very difficult)
    • Help with other aspects such as double-checking information in the editor or in the .xls files, etc.
    • Sorry, I can't help with this scenario

Update:

• I've add what-if Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr (both in their early 60's now).
  • I've added two unpledged anti-Monroe voter parties, one for Republicans and one for Federalists, which will be turned ON
  • I've added Martin Van Buren as a VP option, but may move him to a presidential candidate. 
  • Amended candidate abilities and campaign strengths, generally weakening Monroe opponents, but also reducing Monroe's charisma to 2, since my research is showing that there was zero Monroe enthusiasm despite everyone supporting him. 
  • Filled out the candidate descriptions
  • Wrote out a bunch of new events to add, which will be typed in later. 

Note: While this is an uncontested election, the what-if candidates allow for an exciting campaign. 

Update:

• Added even more events on the Missouri Compromise. 
  • Changed the party colors and logos for the Undpledged and Independent parties. 

Update:

• Have more newspaper endorsers to ad (Will also send this list to @jvikings1 for his 1824, in addition to the other emails I already sent to him). 

Update: Added what-if James Madison

Updated: Added far-left and far-right descriptions and amended platforms of the candidates

@Lyly any update on the map? There really isn't too much of a rush, since I still need to post 1812 and 1816 after a little more tinkering.