270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

Market For Political Simulations

22 hours ago, Patine said:

Why does President "J. Wilkerman" look uncannily similar to former Canadian PM Brian Mulroney?

It's just a placeholder image right now, haha. Just looked up a photo of a politician and that's what came up.

22 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lol, it has been a while. Looks pretty nice. Is it an actual working prototype or just a concept at the moment? I'd play it.

It's a semi-working prototype. Immigration doesn't currently work, and all funding does is mess with approval rating, and debt. Right now, working on an impeachment part of the game, in which you go to the Senate, and convince them to not impeach you.

2 hours ago, QuickHead555 said:

It's a semi-working prototype. Immigration doesn't currently work, and all funding does is mess with approval rating, and debt. Right now, working on an impeachment part of the game, in which you go to the Senate, and convince them to not impeach you.

How long have you been developing it?

On 1/23/2018 at 8:26 PM, Patine said:

Why does President "J. Wilkerman" look uncannily similar to former Canadian PM Brian Mulroney?

4 hours ago, QuickHead555 said:

It's just a placeholder image right now, haha. Just looked up a photo of a politician and that's what came up.

If I'm not mistaken (And I'm not, I have credibility on this issue look at my profile pic:P), that is not Prime Minister Mulroney, but rather Rev. Jerry Falwell of Lynchburg, Virginia.

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

If I'm not mistaken (And I'm not, I have credibility on this issue look at my profile pic:P), that is not Prime Minister Mulroney, but rather Rev. Jerry Falwell of Lynchburg, Virginia.

Ah, fair enough. *politely suppresses commentary on Falwell to be civil*

15 hours ago, QuickHead555 said:

What are you using to make it. I might be able to help.

@vcczar

Earlier you said you would be able to write out every non-computer science-related aspect for a Political Sim. If you would be interested, you could help with mine.

Right now I'm in the concept stage so there isn't much I have for you to help with at the moment, but I'm working on different policies (which will have sub-policies)

I want you to help me come up with more buttons if you want to. Here's what I have so far. You can either come up with more buttons, sub-policies, or whatever.

Policy Buttons
Economy & Taxes (Though I am thinking of separating the two, tell me if you think they should be separate or the same)
Description: Allows you to view debt, inflation, currency, GDP, unemployment, change interest rates, and will allow you to adjust taxes.

Healthcare
Description: Allows you to create your own Healthcare plan. This would be done at a later time so don't worry about it now. Also allows you to set abortion laws as well.

Military
Description: Allows you to direct the military, along with setting budgets, choosing different weapons for them to use, and amount of troops.

Immigration
Description: Allows you to set education, wealth quotas for immigrants, along with annual amounts.

Social Security
Description: Allows you to adjust pensions, etc. haven't really thought much into this policy.

Extra policies would be appreciated

Other Buttons
Elections & Campaigns
Description: Allows you to view election results from the past, polls for the next election. and allows you to do basic campaign functions.

Note that I am only making a prototype so when I do come out with an actual release don't expect for all of the sub-features to be added.

@Reagan04, you can help too if you want, so I have people on both sides.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@vcczar

Earlier you said you would be able to write out every non-computer science-related aspect for a Political Sim. If you would be interested, you could help with mine.

Right now I'm in the concept stage so there isn't much I have for you to help with at the moment, but I'm working on different policies (which will have sub-policies)

I want you to help me come up with more buttons if you want to. Here's what I have so far. You can either come up with more buttons, sub-policies, or whatever.

Policy Buttons
Economy & Taxes (Though I am thinking of separating the two, tell me if you think they should be separate or the same)
Description: Allows you to view debt, inflation, currency, GDP, unemployment, change interest rates, and will allow you to adjust taxes.

Healthcare
Description: Allows you to create your own Healthcare plan. This would be done at a later time so don't worry about it now. Also allows you to set abortion laws as well.

Military
Description: Allows you to direct the military, along with setting budgets, choosing different weapons for them to use, and amount of troops.

Immigration
Description: Allows you to set education, wealth quotas for immigrants, along with annual amounts.

Social Security
Description: Allows you to adjust pensions, etc. haven't really thought much into this policy.

Other Buttons
Elections & Campaigns
Description: Allows you to view election results from the past, polls for the next election. and allows you to do basic campaign functions.

Note that I am only making a prototype so when I do come out with an actual release don't expect for all of the sub-features to be added.

I'm interested, I can't code or anything however.

2 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@vcczar

Policy Buttons

Healthcare

Military

Immigration

Social Security

Other Buttons
Elections & Campaigns

I'll be glad to help. Can you send me an outline of exactly what you are trying to do? (The game objective, for instance.) 

9 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'll be glad to help. Can you send me an outline of exactly what you are trying to do? (The game objective, for instance.) 

I will later today. Also it won't let me message you for some reason. Right now I'm asking for more policy ideas. I only have 5 atm

@vcczar @Reagan04

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I will later today. Also it won't let me message you for some reason. Right now I'm asking for more policy ideas. I only have 5 atm

@vcczar @Reagan04

My box was full. I just deleted some messages. I'll be able to come up with policy ideas when I get a rundown of what you are trying to do and what the objective of the game is. I could probably give dozens of policy ideas, that's not that difficult. 

19 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I'm interested, I can't code or anything however.

Don't need to be able to. Just need an "idea guy" if you catch my drift.

Gonna give more deets to you both after Basketball today

@vcczar @Reagan04

On 1/25/2018 at 8:57 AM, NYrepublican said:

What are you using to make it. I might be able to help.

I'm using Unity.

4 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Don't need to be able to. Just need an "idea guy" if you catch my drift.

Gonna give more deets to you both after Basketball today

@vcczar @Reagan04

I can help you outt with that for sure. Try sending the message again.

On 1/26/2018 at 4:55 PM, QuickHead555 said:

I'm using Unity.

While I'm not talented in Javascript or C# I could potentially help in figuring out implementation of things.

Just wanted to announce that I may have a working CONCEPT demo put out sometime next month, or at the latest, the following month.

19 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Just wanted to announce that I may have a working CONCEPT demo put out sometime next month, or at the latest, the following month.

I can help you refine that my project has stalled due to RL events.

5 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I can help you refine that my project has stalled due to RL events.

Hope those get resolved quickly my boi.

On 1/21/2018 at 9:29 PM, Patine said:

When I was in English class in Grade 10, my teacher said, "Published authors and poets have artistic license that grade 10 English students do not." That angered me. But, now that I am no longer a grade 10 English student, and have not been for almost 25 years, and have written fiction that many have said should be published and is comparable to published material (but getting published for the first time is NOT easy at all), I consider myself to have transcended my old English teacher's proclaimed limits.

You've commited a cardinal sin in this matter

To be clear

His sin was in contradicting the teacher regarding official gramamr

2 hours ago, NewAnarchist said:

To be clear

heres-that-attention-you-ordered-14922290.png

9 hours ago, NewAnarchist said:

To be clear

Surely, as an anarchist, this is a good thing?