270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

Market For Political Simulations

6 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

We had coup here before like the Assassination of jfk lbj was behind the whole thing remember Jack ruby said this won`t have happen if adis Stevenson was vice president.

In any case, the reality for the majority of the people did not come as a coup-like situation as experienced in many other countries which have open military actions when they use the word 'coup'. I'm not here to debate theories, but even leaving room for an LBJ plot, - and I say this about 9/11 too - far more important than the details of the event is how it impacted history.

18 hours ago, Lyly said:

In any case, the reality for the majority of the people did not come as a coup-like situation as experienced in many other countries which have open military actions when they use the word 'coup'. I'm not here to debate theories, but even leaving room for an LBJ plot, - and I say this about 9/11 too - far more important than the details of the event is how it impacted history.

if you look into lbj you would see that he could have done it the man was fuck up in the head.

If anyone would look up how to get Unicode encoding to work in Python 3 it'd be much appreciated.

The first version of this will be a windows-only text based game just to make sure the engine is working before I begin dealing with graphics.

42 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

If anyone would look up how to get Unicode encoding to work in Python 3 it'd be much appreciated.

I think this may help

http://python-notes.curiousefficiency.org/en/latest/python3/text_file_processing.html

@ThePotatoWalrus, @NYrepublican, @WVProgressive

A game that might fill the itch of being the executive is "Crisis in the Kremlin". It's from the early 1990's, and your goal is to keep the Communist Party as the dominant party in Russia/USSR.  It's on sale currently on steam. 

7 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

@ThePotatoWalrus, @NYrepublican, @WVProgressive

A game that might fill the itch of being the executive is "Crisis in the Kremlin". It's from the early 1990's, and your goal is to keep the Communist Party as the dominant party in Russia/USSR.  It's on sale currently on steam. 

Saw it on Steam, while I'm not a fan of Russian politics, I thought about checking it out. If I have time later today I'll definitely check it out.

11 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Saw it on Steam, while I'm not a fan of Russian politics, I thought about checking it out. If I have time later today I'll definitely check it out.

I do like Russian politics, from an academic point of view, but when taken into it's proper perspective and viewpoint, and not defaulting to bad stereotypes (which tend to be all too common).

So is anyone still interested in my potential game?

54 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Well I am if that's anything :)

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

All this hype is making me think of making a competitor, lol. I got some unused assets I've made in the past, but most of my projects have like a 25% success rate.

Hell, I might just make a prototype application in a month or so. (Not playable, just menus and stuff)

3 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Hell yeah I am, is it finished already? Lmao

I've now begun work on it I expect an early version in a few days.The first version will be really simple.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

I've now begun work on it I expect an early version in a few days.The first version will be really simple.

Wow, that's really fast for a basic early version. A few days is about as long as it takes for me to make a simple menu lol. Impressive. I'm not familiar with Python (that's what you're using, correct?) got any fancy screenshots?

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Wow, that's really fast for a basic early version. A few days is about as long as it takes for me to make a simple menu lol. Impressive. I'm not familiar with Python (that's what you're using, correct?) got any fancy screenshots?

The first version will be text-based,simple and mostly laying the groundwork for future improvements,don't expect anything fancy.

Once the engine is working I can begin getting fancier.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Once the engine is working I can begin getting fancier.

I meant fancy screenshots of programming you've done, or your menu concept, or anything, really.

I meant fancy screenshots of programming you've done, or your menu concept, or anything, really.

I won't have that for awhile I'm working out how it'll be written now. (I want it to be written in a more malleable way to allow for easier updating)

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I won't have that for awhile I'm working out how it'll be written now. (I want it to be written in a more malleable way to allow for easier updating)

Lol, you're already on better track than GPS4, best of luck to you my good sir.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lol, you're already on better track than GPS4, best of luck to you my good sir.

I also haven't done programming in awhile so I need to remind myself how to do a bunch of things.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I also haven't done programming in awhile so I need to remind myself how to do a bunch of things.

What do you believe your first version will contain? Will it be somewhat playable, or just a small concept?

What do you believe your first version will contain? Will it be somewhat playable, or just a small concept?

Probably a small concept

-it will have a popularity system which while until I figure out how to read XML file data will not be modifiable (unless you want to modify the source code)

-you'll be able to take some actions haven't figured out quite whats o far. Probably just domestic stuff.