Jump to content
270soft Forum
SeanFKennedy

2018 Ohio Gubernatorial V. 3

Recommended Posts

Well my main man Kucinich announced today. Right when I finished V. 2 yesterday.  Oh well will update my 2018 Ohio Gubernatorial Election in the next few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SeanFKennedy said:

Well my main man Kucinich announced today. Right when I finished V. 2 yesterday.  Oh well will update my 2018 Ohio Gubernatorial Election in the next few days.

My main man (in Ohio politics) teamed up with my back-up main man (in Ohio politics) I am so excited for the DeWine/Husted dream team, though Husted/DeWine would have been even dreamier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 8:00 PM, Reagan04 said:

My main man (in Ohio politics) teamed up with my back-up main man (in Ohio politics) I am so excited for the DeWine/Husted dream team, though Husted/DeWine would have been even dreamier.

As an Ohioan I can agree with both statements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Presidentinsertname said:

So the left wing ron Paul is running I see.

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich are the two people who got me interested in politics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SeanFKennedy said:

I will be perfectly honest with you - I don't know much about Ohio politics and it's electoral landscape and big issues, I have to admit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohio Gubernatorial Election 2018 V. 3.1 with approximate polls

Democrats

Fmr Dir. Rich Cordray 26-31%

Fmr Rep. Dennis Kucinich 18-20%

State Sen. Joe Schiavoni 14-16%

Fmr State Sen. Connie Pillich 12-15%

Judge Bill O'Neill 9-12%

Fmr Rep. Betty Sutton (dropped out)

Nan Whaley  (dropped out)

Republicans

Attorney Gen. Mike DeWine 50-56%

Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor 44-50%

Rep. Jim Rennacci (dropped out )

Sec. Jim Husted  (dropped out )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SeanFKennedy said:

Ohio Gubernatorial Election 2018 V. 3.1 with approximate polls

Democrats

Fmr Dir. Rich Cordray 26-31%

Fmr Rep. Dennis Kucinich 18-20%

State Sen. Joe Schiavoni 14-16%

Fmr State Sen. Connie Pillich 12-15%

Judge Bill O'Neill 9-12%

Fmr Rep. Betty Sutton (dropped out)

Nan Whaley  (dropped out)

Republicans

Attorney Gen. Mike DeWine 50-56%

Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor 44-50%

Rep. Jim Rennacci (dropped out )

Sec. Jim Husted  (dropped out )

Are you still including John Boehner as a what-if? Even though I disliked him originally when he first became Speaker in 2011, and I was pronouncing his last name closer to how it was spelt for a while to express my disdain ( :P ), I later developed a grudging respect for him, especially after a post-retirement interview I saw of him in 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Patine said:

Are you still including John Boehner as a what-if? Even though I disliked him originally when he first became Speaker in 2011, and I was pronouncing his last name closer to how it was spelt for a while to express my disdain ( :P ), I later developed a grudging respect for him, especially after a post-retirement interview I saw of him in 2016.

Yes the What If Candidates include John Boehner, John Kasich, Ken Blackwell, Josh Mandel and Urban Meyer as Republicans. It includes Jerry Springer, Ted Strickland, Nina Turner, Don Plusquellic and Sherrod Brown for the Democrats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, arjavrawal said:

Screw that Assad-supporting "Democrat".

Assad? What are you going on about? He's a member of the Arab Ba'ath Party (the national leader in Syria, in fact, and senior leader of the international party since Saddam Hussein's demise).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Patine said:

Assad? What are you going on about? He's a member of the Arab Ba'ath Party (the national leader in Syria, in fact, and senior leader of the international party since Saddam Hussein's demise).

Yes he does mean Bashar Al Assad.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/01/former_rep_dennis_kucinich_aga.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Ah, so these "meetings" alone mean "full support" now. So Donald Trump supports the Provisional-IRA because he met Gerry Adams back in the '80's (when Adams was VERY much still affiliated and in a leadership role in the group)? Oh, I forgot. Trump proclaimed that "all terrorists were Moslems." I guess he's off the hook then, isn't he. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Ah, so these "meetings" alone mean "full support" now. So Donald Trump supports the Provisional-IRA because he met Gerry Adams back in the '80's (when Adams was VERY much still affiliated and in a leadership role in the group)? Oh, I forgot. Trump proclaimed that "all terrorists were Moslems." I guess he's off the hook then, isn't he. :huh:

Kucinich decried the US strike on syrian chemical weapons last year saying that the chemical attack had been "100% fabricated" so that the U.S. would have an excuse to carry out their military operation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Kucinich decried the US strike on syrian chemical weapons last year saying that the chemical attack had been "100% fabricated" so that the U.S. would have an excuse to carry out their military operation.

Although, I don't know one way or another, and pretend to have such knowledge or feign it (like @Presidentinsertname likes to), it struck me, that, while a chemical strike was made, there was no verification who launched it or who controlled the site, and Trump was not waiting for said verification but just declared it was Assad and ordered the strike. With at least half-a-dozen militant groups at hostile cross-purposes with each other who each could have controlled that site and launched the missiles with chemicals, more intel should have been done before a counterstrike, especially one that ended up with so many civilian casualties. I don't know for sure who launched the chemical attack, and there's a greater chance it was Assad than any of the others, but the hasty strike with minimal intel and arbitrary declaration that caused so much collateral damage was sloppy and irresponsible of Trump as a leader at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Patine said:

Ah, so these "meetings" alone mean "full support" now. So Donald Trump supports the Provisional-IRA because he met Gerry Adams back in the '80's (when Adams was VERY much still affiliated and in a leadership role in the group)? Oh, I forgot. Trump proclaimed that "all terrorists were Moslems." I guess he's off the hook then, isn't he. :huh:

Not just that -- he's openly defended him too. But as someone who is center-left, I cannot possibly support someone like Kucinich to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arjavrawal said:

Not just that -- he's openly defended him too. But as someone who is center-left, I cannot possibly support someone like Kucinich to begin with.

Well, given some of the despicable, corrupt, human right-violating, bloody handed despots that Cold War-era U.S. President and politicians of both major parties have defended and demanded must be supported, by force, if need be, not only against Soviet proxy groups, but against the will of their own people, even if expressed by peaceful election or protest, it seems that this is just post-WW2 U.S. foreign policy as usual, doesn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

Well, given some of the despicable, corrupt, human right-violating, bloody handed despots that Cold War-era U.S. President and politicians of both major parties have defended and demanded must be supported, by force, if need be, not only against Soviet proxy groups, but against the will of their own people, even if expressed by peaceful election or protest, it seems that this is just post-WW2 U.S. foreign policy as usual, doesn't it?

Of course! Kucinich is not the only issue at hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×