270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

US 1808 Election final update is up!

The final update for the 1808 election is now up! It can be downloaded at this link, which has also had the text and images updated: http://campaigns.270soft.com/2018/01/06/president-infinity-1808-election/

The Historical Scenario Commission has now finished final updates for 1788-1808. 

@vcczar @Lyly

I hate to be pedantic, but I think 1788-1800 would look better and more consistent if the Northwest Territory and Yazoo Territory (and not just the Southwest Territory in 1792) were present as non-interactive spaces, much like the much larger territories are in 1804 and 1808.

The base map I used for that first map doesn't include the information you are talking about and I didn't plan ahead as well as I should have (it was the first one I did). I have to stretch and contort other maps on top of the base map to make some of the final maps and I just didn't go back and re-do the whole thing after I decided on a more consistent style.

I am capable of doing it though, and I agree it would look more consistent. I don't think it's a bad looking map, but the gradient overlay isn't really used anywhere else (and I only included it to help fill out the space more and to provide historical context).

I was also thinking about uploading some alternate or themed maps people can plug into scenarios, so I'll make sure a re-do of the first map is released too. Some of the upcoming scenarios (like 1820) will also come with alternate maps that represent how borders changed between the beginning and end of the election.

4 minutes ago, Lyly said:

The base map I used for that first map doesn't include the information you are talking about and I didn't plan ahead as well as I should have (it was the first one I did). I have to stretch and contort other maps on top of the base map to make some of the final maps and I just didn't go back and re-do the whole thing after I decided on a more consistent style.

I am capable of doing it though, and I agree it would look more consistent. I don't think it's a bad looking map, but the gradient overlay isn't really used anywhere else (and I only included it to help fill out the space more and to provide historical context).

I was also thinking about uploading some alternate or themed maps people can plug into scenarios, so I'll make sure a re-do of the first map is released too. Some of the upcoming scenarios (like 1820) will also come with alternate maps that represent how borders changed between the beginning and end of the election.

I actually have a series of gradient maps in that mold with areas intended to be non-interactive at certain points for my Canada 1867-Present series that I plan on (one fine day) taking on for PMI, and project I've had in mind for quite a while (since PM4E2008 was the most advanced Westminster game engine), so I immediately recognized the format, even this early on, and thus the inconsistency in the early maps.