270soft Forum

Trumps advisor Kushner

It is very problematic that Trumps main advisor is Kushner. He has deep ties with the Israeli right-wing and i dont want USA to play a part in Israeli foreign policy to create greater israel

On 1/6/2018 at 7:24 AM, dindu said:

It is very problematic that Trumps main advisor is Kushner. He has deep ties with the Israeli right-wing and i dont want USA to play a part in Israeli foreign policy to create greater israel

question what kind of jewish world order would import a group of people belonging to a religion that hates them?

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎06 at 5:24 AM, dindu said:

The REAL problematic part bout Kushner is that he was appointed for purely nepotistic reasons, and absolutely no seniority in qualifications. Beyond that, everything else is trivial, as he's essentially just a sycophant and a crony with no true substance as an advisor.

8 hours ago, Patine said:

The REAL problematic part bout Kushner is that he was appointed for purely nepotistic reasons, and absolutely no seniority in qualifications. Beyond that, everything else is trivial, as he's essentially just a sycophant and a crony with no true substance as an advisor.

Well I think every ruler needs someone they can feel safe saying whatever they want to and to whom they can express their frustration.

15 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Well I think every ruler needs someone they can feel safe saying whatever they want to and to whom they can express their frustration.

This is literally exactly what a therapist is for, not a Presidential advisor...

31 minutes ago, jnewt said:

This is literally exactly what a therapist is for, not a Presidential advisor...

He probably feels safer around his family.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

He probably feels safer around his family.

That's completely fair, but he doesn't need to be "Senior Advisor" to the President to support him; Patine's point still stands

9 hours ago, jnewt said:

That's completely fair, but he doesn't need to be "Senior Advisor" to the President to support him; Patine's point still stands

Yes but senior advisors don't have any actual powers.

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Yes but senior advisors don't have any actual powers.

Well he can heavily influence a presidents decision (though with trump he may be to stubborn for that).

2 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Well he can heavily influence a presidents decision (though with trump he may be to stubborn for that).

Literally anybody can influence a president's decision though, lol. Besides, Kushner is left-wing, you guys should like that.

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Literally anybody can influence a president's decision though, lol. Besides, Kushner is left-wing, you guys should like that.

What makes you think Kushner is left wing? 

1 hour ago, WVProgressive said:

What makes you think Kushner is left wing? 

Wikipedia said he's been a lifelong Democrat. Ivanka is left-wing as well.

48 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Um, not all democrats here are left-wing, the fact is in NYC to have more of a voice you need to be a registered democrat.

Ivanka actually is left-wing though. Look at her economic policies that she proposed, along with her women's rights advocations, which are both left-wing movements.

28 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Ivanka actually is left-wing though. Look at her economic policies that she proposed, along with her women's rights advocations, which are both left-wing movements.

and what exactly? Reagan had Ron.

2 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Manchin

1 minute ago, WVProgressive said:

Joe Manchin is definitely left-wing. He's voted against the Healthcare Bill, and the Tax Bill, definitely more conservative than many Democrats in the Senate. Probably the most conservative, but he's still more to the left than right. 

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Joe Manchin is definitely left-wing. He's voted against the Healthcare Bill, and the Tax Bill, definitely more conservative than many Democrats in the Senate. Probably the most conservative, but he's still more to the left than right. 

you're also implying that Democrats (or at least most of the governing members) are left wing which they aren't, they are a center-right corporatist party and I'd say that the Democrat's threatened to pull election funding from him if he didn't follow party line, or he's trying to appear more left wing to appeal to progressives because of Paula Jean .

1 minute ago, WVProgressive said:

you're also implying that Democrats (or at least most of the governing members) are left wing which they aren't, they are a center-right corporatist party and I'd say that the Democrat's threatened to pull election funding from him if he didn't follow party line, or he's trying to appear more left wing to appeal to progressives because of Paula Jean .

Those are fair statements and I would agree with all of them.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Those are fair statements and I would agree with all of them.

Alright, glad we could reach a consensus :) .

38 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Joe Manchin is absolutely not left-wing; he's a centrist/center-left Democrat. Just because he's left of center doesn't mean he's left-wing, that'd be like saying Jon Huntsman is a Tea Partier. Most Democrats aren't even left-wing, they're mostly center-left.

2 hours ago, jnewt said:

Joe Manchin is absolutely not left-wing; he's a centrist/center-left Democrat. Just because he's left of center doesn't mean he's left-wing, that'd be like saying Jon Huntsman is a Tea Partier. Most Democrats aren't even left-wing, they're mostly center-left.

I understand. When I said "left-wing", I meant left of center, not actually Left. I see where the confusion was.

4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I understand. When I said "left-wing", I meant left of center, not actually Left. I see where the confusion was.

Even then most Democrats (with the exeption of a small bloc of principled liberals EX: Warren, Grijalva ect) in positions of power are blatant corporatist and an, honestly very conservative party since Bill took it down a third way path.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎14 at 9:19 PM, WVProgressive said:

Even then most Democrats (with the exeption of a small bloc of principled liberals EX: Warren, Grijalva ect) in positions of power are blatant corporatist and an, honestly very conservative party since Bill took it down a third way path.

Yes, the corporations and lobby groups have far more power over American elected officials in both parties than those officials own constituents, especially with the Citizens United Supreme Court ruling effectively legalizing bribery of elected officials and candidates for elected office in the U.S. Those grim dystopian scifi movies, television series, novels, and comics that were big in the '80's of dark near-future scenarios under open corporate dictatorships are looking more and more realistic every year.