270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

Funniest Political Moments

Since there has been some hints of divisiveness and stuff on the forum, I wanted to start a thread about the funniest moments in US Politics.

I wanted to share this clip from one of my beloved Presidents, George W. Bush. Feel free to share your own.

Being a Texan during campaign season is rough. It seems like governor after governor of this state is dead-set of embarrassing us on a national level. Bush is one thing, but who can ignore his successor? Rick Perry has made a name of public mulling a second Republic of Texas, looking awkward as hell on Dancing with the Stars, but the walking comedy of errors has perhaps no greater peak than the "Oops" heard round the world?

Made no the less embarassing by the fact that the third agency he could not remember wanting to eliminate from the federal budget was precisely the agency he is now in charge of, and whose actual duties (nuclear infrastructure) he was infamously unaware of:

(poor quality, but at least it's not edited strangely or have an ad as long as the clip itself preceding)

3 hours ago, Lyly said:

Being a Texan during campaign season is rough. It seems like governor after governor of this state is dead-set of embarrassing us on a national level. Bush is one thing, but who can ignore his successor? Rick Perry has made a name of public mulling a second Republic of Texas, looking awkward as hell on Dancing with the Stars, but the walking comedy of errors has perhaps no greater peak than the "Oops" heard round the world?

Made no the less embarassing by the fact that the third agency he could not remember wanting to eliminate from the federal budget was precisely the agency he is now in charge of, and whose actual duties (nuclear infrastructure) he was infamously unaware of:

(poor quality, but at least it's not edited strangely or have an ad as long as the clip itself preceding)

At least he didn't look as bad on "Dancing With the Stars" as Mike Tyson did on the Italian analog of the show a number of years, leading a reviewer to give as the biggest plus of Tyson's performance, "at least he didn't her ear off." :P 

21 hours ago, Lyly said:

Well at least you never had a senator say white n-word on national television

One of the funnier political campaign moments for me was the Cristina O'Donnell witch controversy where she made an ad that started with her proclaiming she's not a witch

@WVProgressive If we are talking about Ads, we have to mention Demon Sheep and a personal favorite Ted Cruz Ad. Ted did a BUNCH of great stuff.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:15 PM, Lyly said:

I love how Ron Paul is holding up the number five, and it throws Rick Perry off even more.

But my favorite funny ads:

First one came from the special election last year in the SC-5th District. 

I'm not sure if this one was meant to be funny, or it is accidentally funny, but I always find myself re-watching this on youtube.  

And of course the infamous Hermain Cain ad  

On 1/8/2018 at 5:51 PM, Reagan04 said:

@WVProgressive If we are talking about Ads, we have to mention Demon Sheep and a personal favorite Ted Cruz Ad. Ted did a BUNCH of great stuff.

Yeah, no surprise that I rarely find myself agreeing with Ted's voting record, but man can he make an entertaining ad. Also, very rarely do you see an ad successfully take on two targets at the same time. 

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:51 PM, Reagan04 said:

There's something about that Demon Sheep ad that's so... perfect

11 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

ok this might be sad

might be sad.

poor John Ashcroft. The only Senator to ever lose re-election to a dead man

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Well you have this one:

Image result for trump solve global warming

Funny how it doesn't show Alaska, which is warming faster than algorithms can keep up with

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/12/12/barrow-is-warming-so-fast-algorithms-removed-the-data-because-it-seemed-unreal/?utm_term=.eff5bf513a10