270soft Forum

Final Update: US 1812  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be able to help with any of the following?

• Play through the scenario and offer general feedback.
    • Play through the scenario as DeWitt Clinton and see if you can beat James Madison
    • Play through as the what-if Federalists (not the Straight Federalists) and see if you can beat James Madison
    • Help with other aspects, such as map making, .xls file editing, double checking info, etc.
    • Sorry, I can't help with this scenario.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

This is going to be a tough scenario. I went as John Jay of the Federalists against Madison and DeWitt Clinton (perhaps a bit of a masochistic start right there). I only campaigned in New York, New Jersey, and New England States, barnstorming, advertising, and making policy speeches on my Experience, Madison's Integrity, the War on Britain, Canada, and Trade. After two weeks, I had negative momentum, negative HQ morale, and was trailing both opponents in all of the above-mentioned States. It didn't look like I had any real chance. I'll try again as the Fusion Ticket later tonight.

I wonder if your speeches and ads were backfiring constantly?

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I wonder if your speeches and ads were backfiring constantly?

They were. Of course PI, unlike an RL campaign, states no reason or hint as to why in the start-of-turn news.

@Patine

I'll probably post this scenario sometime after you try the scenario as the Fusion ticket, which I hope will be slightly  less of a struggle. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

@Patine

I'll probably post this scenario sometime after you try the scenario as the Fusion ticket, which I hope will be slightly  less of a struggle. 

I'll do that today. I have a doctor's appointment right after, but I'll get to it right as soon as I can.

43 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'll do that today. I have a doctor's appointment right after, but I'll get to it right as soon as I can.

Thanks! 

Can anyone test out this level for me as DeWitt Clinton's Independent Fusion Party, so I can put the update up? You can find the latest version attached to this thread. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Can anyone test out this level for me as DeWitt Clinton's Independent Fusion Party, so I can put the update up? You can find the latest version attached to this thread. 

I can do it.

2 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

I can do it.

Thanks! Let me know what the EV and Pop Vote was. Also, let me know how easy or difficult it was, and what made it easy or difficult. 

Here you go.

vc.PNG.aeaf05fd005e0987dff681fc07574f17.PNG

It was a struggle the whole way through though at times I lead in the polls and once even had the majority of electoral votes. I'd say the difficulty was about right. 

5 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Here you go.

vc.PNG.aeaf05fd005e0987dff681fc07574f17.PNG

It was a struggle the whole way through though at times I lead in the polls and once even had the majority of electoral votes. I'd say the difficulty was about right. 

Perfect! Thanks!

I hope to have this scenario posted today or tomorrow, but I'm very busy, so it could take a bit longer. 

I was on the verge of uploading this one, when I realized that the old map is being used and not @Lyly's map. Anyway you can put the map back in? I've since updated this file, considerably otherwise. 

United States - 1812Final.zip

I may make a vain attempt to install the map myself, but if that doesn't work, I'll just post the scenario with the old map, since I haven't heard from Lyly in forever. 

I will update momentarily.