Jump to content
270soft Forum

Final Update: US 1812  

2 members have voted

  1. 1. Will you be able to help with any of the following?

    • Play through the scenario and offer general feedback.
      0
    • Play through the scenario as DeWitt Clinton and see if you can beat James Madison
      0
    • Play through as the what-if Federalists (not the Straight Federalists) and see if you can beat James Madison
      0
    • Help with other aspects, such as map making, .xls file editing, double checking info, etc.
    • Sorry, I can't help with this scenario.


Recommended Posts

I've started working on 1812

Update: Added What-if Alexander Hamilton, what-if Aaron Burr, and what-if John Adams. Edited candidate political influence points and starting money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vcczar said:

One thing, though I doubt accurate voting numbers are available by town (as voting was done publically in town squares or public buildings back then, not at polling places in precincts like in the modern U.S.), I believe a significant portion of the voters in the District of Maine of the State of Massachusetts (now the separate State of Maine) were completely unable to cast votes as the British occupied roughly half the area of Maine, even by the tail end of 1812 when the election took place. By early next year, the controlled the whole of modern Maine until late 1813. They called it "the Colony of New Ireland" for administrative records in the Colonial Office in London. Just something I only learned a few months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patine said:

One thing, though I doubt accurate voting numbers are available by town (as voting was done publically in town squares or public buildings back then, not at polling places in precincts like in the modern U.S.), I believe a significant portion of the voters in the District of Maine of the State of Massachusetts (now the separate State of Maine) were completely unable to cast votes as the British occupied roughly half the area of Maine, even by the tail end of 1812 when the election took place. By early next year, the controlled the whole of modern Maine until late 1813. They called it "the Colony of New Ireland" for administrative records in the Colonial Office in London. Just something I only learned a few months ago.

Interesting. I hadn't heard of that. 

Update: Added general election bonuses. Created a What-if Federalist Party (if they had organized a genuine ticket), made the ON Federalist Party into the Straight Federalist Party (as in those not supporting the Clinton Fusion ticket). Renamed Clinton's Independent Party to the Independent Fusion Party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patine said:

One thing, though I doubt accurate voting numbers are available by town (as voting was done publically in town squares or public buildings back then, not at polling places in precincts like in the modern U.S.), I believe a significant portion of the voters in the District of Maine of the State of Massachusetts (now the separate State of Maine) were completely unable to cast votes as the British occupied roughly half the area of Maine, even by the tail end of 1812 when the election took place. By early next year, the controlled the whole of modern Maine until late 1813. They called it "the Colony of New Ireland" for administrative records in the Colonial Office in London. Just something I only learned a few months ago.

Good stuff! For the record, the maps I've been making so far include all of Maine, even though it was disputed, for the sake of simplicity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Compiling new events for 1812, including discord among New York Republicans, opposing the war. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: The list of events to add is quite lengthy, as I am including a lot of Congressional struggle regarding the War of 1812, both leading up to it and that after the declaration itself. Additionally, NY and MA elections add to the flavor of the nearly dire situation that Madison had going into the election. The events should be very exciting in this event. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I've finished compiling new events for 1812, which should add about 50 to those already existing. I'll actually type these into the scenario sometime before submitting the scenario to @Lyly for the map. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

  • Changes the voting population of states without the popular vote from "1" to "100" to represent 100% of the state legislature. 
  • Added Henry Clay as a what-if VP for DeWitt Clinton, since he was rumored to be a VP choice for Clinton at one point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

  • Added "Invasion of Canada" and "Embargo" as new events for 1812 (they had been grouped under "War with Britain"
  • Added Far Left and Far Right positions to all the issues, and altered the language in some of the other positions. 
  • Amended political stances of candidates on these changes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Added all of the events that I had typed out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Now adding endorsers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Finished endorsers

@jvikings1 now that I'm thinking about it, I'll send you suggested updates for your 1824 scenario right as I also gather my information to update 1820. For now, I have a list of endorsers, but I also want to send you some events to add, but I need to research 1824 events, rumors, conversations, etc. for 1824 first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Update: Finished endorsers

@jvikings1 now that I'm thinking about it, I'll send you suggested updates for your 1824 scenario right as I also gather my information to update 1820. For now, I have a list of endorsers, but I also want to send you some events to add, but I need to research 1824 events, rumors, conversations, etc. for 1824 first. 

Alright, I appreciate the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Amended region stances on issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

  • Change the logo for the Independent Fusion Party
  • Changed the color of the Jeffersonian Republican Party to that which Wikipedia uses (for the record, I have not adopted the Federalist color for the Fusion Party, which Wikipedia does).
  • Changed the color of the Federalist Party to that which Wikipedia uses. Both the Straight Federalist and What-if Federalist Party are the same color, since they shouldn't be ON at the same time. 
  • Updated the general and primary election blurbs
  • Changed the money co-efficient 
  • Updated candidate descriptions
  • Amended surrogates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lyly here's the 1812 scenario for the map. 

@everyone else, you can test this scenario since it is mostly done. 

 

United States - 1812 Test.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1812 now with map! Say hello to the State of Louisiana and the new Territory of Indiana! Otherwise, no change from 1808. Lots of weird looking borders for this historic election!

United States - 1812m.rar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lyly said:

1812 now with map! Say hello to the State of Louisiana and the new Territory of Indiana! Otherwise, no change from 1808. Lots of weird looking borders for this historic election!

United States - 1812m.rar

Thanks. I'll give some time for people to try out the scenario before I post the final version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will anyone have a chance to play through this exciting scenario?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Will anyone have a chance to play through this exciting scenario?

I'll tentatively say I'll try it tonight, if I can make a couple of hours free time. I'll make an effort to give it a go, however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patine said:

I'll tentatively say I'll try it tonight, if I can make a couple of hours free time. I'll make an effort to give it a go, however.

I look forward to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Patine Have you had a chance to test the version of this scenario that I attached? I think you'll find the events very interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Patine Have you had a chance to test the version of this scenario that I attached? I think you'll find the events very interesting. 

Was just going to sit down to it after supper (which should be ready in half-an-hour or so).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vcczar said:

@Patine Have you had a chance to test the version of this scenario that I attached? I think you'll find the events very interesting. 

This is going to be a tough scenario. I went as John Jay of the Federalists against Madison and DeWitt Clinton (perhaps a bit of a masochistic start right there). I only campaigned in New York, New Jersey, and New England States, barnstorming, advertising, and making policy speeches on my Experience, Madison's Integrity, the War on Britain, Canada, and Trade. After two weeks, I had negative momentum, negative HQ morale, and was trailing both opponents in all of the above-mentioned States. It didn't look like I had any real chance. I'll try again as the Fusion Ticket later tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×