270soft Forum

So just for fun I wanted to play as Theodore Roosevelt in the Bull Moose to see how far I could get in the general election. I set the difficulty as easy, no spies, Fog of war on,  Primaries off. The only thing I changed in candidates was Replacing Woodrow Wilson with Champ Clark who was apparently the front-runner in the real 1912 election.  Every time the weekly newspaper showed up it said Clark comfortably lead in the polls, until 40 days left into the election He started going down and once I saw New York with its 45 Delegates became a battle ground I knew I had a chance. In the end I won in a large Margin in the Electoral College and even won in the popular vote. I think In  the future I'm gonna come back to this and do it again as Roosevelt again and run against Woodrow Wilson on a harder difficulty to see if I can beat him.5a4aedd342c6d_RooseveltV.Clark1912.PNG.fe1387c94f01006f1d06f0a1acd98188.PNG   

I like it, it's usually very difficult to overcome the Republican-Bull Moose split of 1912 so good job!

1 minute ago, CalebsParadox said:

I like it, it's usually very difficult to overcome the Republican-Bull Moose split of 1912 so good job!

Thanks!

17 hours ago, Paul Hontz said:

So just for fun I wanted to play as Theodore Roosevelt in the Bull Moose to see how far I could get in the general election. I set the difficulty as easy, no spies, Fog of war on,  Primaries off. The only thing I changed in candidates was Replacing Woodrow Wilson with Champ Clark who was apparently the front-runner in the real 1912 election.  Every time the weekly newspaper showed up it said Clark comfortably lead in the polls, until 40 days left into the election He started going down and once I saw New York with its 45 Delegates became a battle ground I knew I had a chance. In the end I won in a large Margin in the Electoral College and even won in the popular vote. I think In  the future I'm gonna come back to this and do it again as Roosevelt again and run against Woodrow Wilson on a harder difficulty to see if I can beat him.5a4aedd342c6d_RooseveltV.Clark1912.PNG.fe1387c94f01006f1d06f0a1acd98188.PNG   

2 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

I don't even know if the Republican Party would have survived long after this as a party had this electoral result actually occurred.

7 hours ago, Patine said:

I don't even know if the Republican Party would have survived long after this as a party had this electoral result actually occurred.

I think Democrats would have become much more Conservative to drain dissatisfied Republicans, while maintaining only the most popular and cost-friendly progressive elements. However,t this would send many of the Progressive Democrats to the Republicans 

12 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

the pcp did in canada.

Not really. Their merger with the Reform Party/Canadian Alliance was highly to the favour, in both leadership and platform, of the latter - very close to an outright absorption of the Federal PC's by the CA than a true merger.