270soft Forum
vcczar

270Soft Forum Political Fantasy League Season 1 Results!

As some of you know, we had our first Political Fantasy League (modeled loosely on fantasy football). As the year ends today, here are the results at year's end. 

First place: @lok1999 1,485 points

Lok's squad had been a strong team early in the season, but then appeared to sink into obscurity midseason, only to rise up again in the last couple of months. The end of season awards greatly favored Lok's team, which propelled him from 4th to 1st place, thanks to Bernie Sanders and Mike Pence, who did well in the award categories. Sanders was generally a top point producer every week. Kellyanne Conway, Tom Cotton, and Keith Ellison also had moments of productivity. 

Second place: @Sandy 1,396 points

A year ago, I thought Sandy's team was the most balanced, and I still think that's the case. She had been the top team briefly in the middle of the year, but then Elizabeth Warren, Ben Sasse, Marco Rubio, and Cory Booker began to fade from the headlines, as they became strangely quiet. John McCain was the top point producer for this team, and he also did very well in the award season, scoring MVP of the inaugural season of this league. McCain's points during the award season raised Sandy's team to 2nd place. 

Third place: @Sunnymentoaddict 1,375 points

Sunny's team was dominated by Donald Trump, who routinely out-scored about everyone. Sunny was also the perennial top team, ranking number one for about 80% of the weeks. However, the team was carried by Trump, who did not perform well in the award scorings (incumbent presidents are also ineligible for two awards, including the MVP award). James Comey was a top point producer at the beginning of the year, but quickly faded. Nikki Haley, Jerry Brown, and Joe Manchin did not score points regularly. 

Fourth place: @jvikings1 1,343 points

I was going to only elaborate on the top 3 teams, but JViking had been in first place, supplanting Sunny. The award scoring knocked JViking down from first to fourth. His team was carried mostly by Nancy Pelosi, who did not fare well during the award scoring (Trump and Pelosi had the most negative awards). Lisa Murkowski and Dick Durbin were regular contributors to JViking's strong season. Jeff Sessions and Rand Paul were inconsistent

The rest of the league:

5th @vcczar 1,255 pts

6th @Conservative Elector 2 1,193 pts

7th @CalebsParadox 1,183 pts

8th @Reagan04 1,180 pts

9th @TheMiddlePolitical 899 pts 

10th @NYrepublican 799 pts *later addition to the league*

11th @Kingthero 503 pts *later addition to the league*

12th @SirLagsalott 451 pts *later addition to the league*

*dropped out early* JohnnyK 50 pts  

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lol, was

I refer to past tense in my knowledge of him and dealing with him. I don't know definitely what he went on to do, what forums he may have trolled thereafter, or, to be perfectly frank, whether or not he's actually still alive. That usage of past tense is considered perfectly acceptable in English language grammar.

Just now, Patine said:

I refer to past tense in my knowledge of him and dealing with him. I don't know definitely what he went on to do, what forums he may have trolled thereafter, or, to be perfectly frank, whether or not he's actually still alive. That usage of past tense is considered perfectly acceptable in English language grammar.

Nah, I meant 'was' not as a correction of grammar or anything, but just as a reference to him previously being on the forum.

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Nah, I meant 'was' not as a correction of grammar or anything, but just as a reference to him previously being on the forum.

Is he still on the forum? If he is, he's not using the handle name 'JohnnyK' or admitting openly to being him.

Just now, Patine said:

Is he still on the forum? If he is, he's not using the handle name 'JohnnyK' or admitting openly to being him.

No, he deleted his account.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

All I found were his accounts on two different forums. Seems inactive.

Which forums, if I may enquire? Breitbart and Stormfront? :P

22 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

All I found were his accounts on two different forums. Seems inactive.

I just searched his name and came across some response on ask.fm that said he got expelled from his high school...

25 minutes ago, jnewt said:

I just searched his name and came across some response on ask.fm that said he got expelled from his high school...

For what exactly?

5 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

For what exactly?

The person wouldn't say

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine Was he like the pre-koneke koneke or something?

Not as bad as koneke, but worse than any currently active poster.

Just now, Patine said:

Not as bad as koneke, but worse than any currently active poster.

What did he say?

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

What did he say?

For one, he labelled me outright a "Nazi" for a while because I made a superficial and only historically relative comparison of Trump (who had not yet been elected at that point) and Hitler's election campaigns ONLY in terms of vitriolic attacks on political enemies, stereotyping minorities who were easy to pick on and blame in the respective zeitgeists, harkening to a nebulous and ill-defined "greatness" to bring back, with no firm details on how, encouraging (tacitly in Trump's case) violence by their supporters against political opponents, and unrealistic or disastrous promises being thrown around. I made no more specific comparisons, nor did I predict Trump would start genocides or wars of conquest or any such thing. He then said, inexplicably, that I must be Nazi, and referred to me as such for a while thereafter. That was one early instance.

30 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine Was he like the pre-koneke koneke or something?

That had a period of overlap, I think, but it was very brief. JohnnyK had a period of relative stability for a few months--he was always impotently arrogant but he made efforts to be constructive early on. About the time Trump became a candidate for nomination for the Republicans, he sort of underwent a personality change (similar to how @ThePotatoWalrus did with Trump's candidacy, but unlike ThePotatoWalrus, he was consistently crossing the line). It would be hard to beat Koneke/Dindu, but JohnnyK was the closest, and there was still somewhat of a gap between the two, just as there is a gap between JohnnyK and whomever might be in 3rd place for the most toxic forum user. If Koneke was not a planet in this solar system, JohnnyK is a planet with an erratic loop that was sometimes in the solar system and sometimes barely outside of it. Unlike Koneke, I don't think JohnnyK was ever temporarily banned. 

Well I don't totally understand this fantasy political league, but I enjoy the stories from the old timers.

On 12/31/2017 at 6:49 PM, vcczar said:

That had a period of overlap, I think, but it was very brief. JohnnyK had a period of relative stability for a few months--he was always impotently arrogant but he made efforts to be constructive early on. About the time Trump became a candidate for nomination for the Republicans, he sort of underwent a personality change (similar to how @ThePotatoWalrus did with Trump's candidacy, but unlike ThePotatoWalrus, he was consistently crossing the line). It would be hard to beat Koneke/Dindu, but JohnnyK was the closest, and there was still somewhat of a gap between the two, just as there is a gap between JohnnyK and whomever might be in 3rd place for the most toxic forum user. If Koneke was not a planet in this solar system, JohnnyK is a planet with an erratic loop that was sometimes in the solar system and sometimes barely outside of it. Unlike Koneke, I don't think JohnnyK was ever temporarily banned. 

Yeah he was making some good contributions as far as scenario's go and then he went kaput.