270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lolandrewlmao

Alabama Senate Special Election 2017

I’m putting the finishing touches on a beta version of this campaign, currently need to add endorsers and clarify policy positions for candidates.

Any ideas as to what issues and ‘what-if’ candiates I should add?

I’ll likely upload this tomorrow night.

20 minutes ago, lolandrewlmao said:

Unfortunately, I must confess, I personally don't prefer Senatorial scenarios for individual Senators by State at all - a full Senate (or House of Representatives) election, with every seat up for election in a given year, or a State Gubernatorial election, would catch moreso catch my interest, as would quite a few other election topics. In fact, I have to admit that individual seat/region elections within a whole legislative election, but not the whole legislative election itself, by-elections (which the U.S. term "special elections" is an exact analogy of electoral term of), and referendums are, by far, my three least favourite election scenario topics for actual contested election subjects. It's not just because you're the creator, or I hate Alabama, or any such thing, it's just a matter of a fairly staunch hierarchy in my own personal interests.

Jeff Sessions should definitely be a what-if, and a 3rd party Nick Saban might be fun, though I have absolutely no idea where he stands politically.

17 hours ago, jnewt said:

Jeff Sessions should definitely be a what-if, and a 3rd party Nick Saban might be fun, though I have absolutely no idea where he stands politically.

I was also going to suggest this even though he has no interest in politics.  I think he is more to the Conservative side of politics.

For other what-ifs, I would look at the Wikipedia page which lists those that were speculated about running but didn't.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:17 AM, jnewt said:

If I recall Nick Saban is bluedog/conservative Democrat, as he has donated to Joe Manchin-the only known candidate he's donated to recently. However, he could have possibly donated to many SuperPACs without reporting it, so who knows. 

6 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

If I recall Nick Saban is bluedog/conservative Democrat, as he has donated to Joe Manchin-the only known candidate he's donated to recently. However, he could have possibly donated to many SuperPACs without reporting it, so who knows. 

Ah, yes, untraceable "dark money" and unreported donations. But hey, it's all legal in the U.S. now, as well as effectively outright bribery of elected officials and candidates for said offices with Supreme Court decisions like Citizens United, the absolute most vile, despicable, reprehensible, and counter to the true ideal of liberty and individual rights to pander to the service of a wealthy, powerful minority such decision since Dred Scott...

6 hours ago, Patine said:

Ah, yes, untraceable "dark money" and unreported donations. But hey, it's all legal in the U.S. now, as well as effectively outright bribery of elected officials and candidates for said offices with Supreme Court decisions like Citizens United, the absolute most vile, despicable, reprehensible, and counter to the true ideal of liberty and individual rights to pander to the service of a wealthy, powerful minority such decision since Dred Scott...

SO you should have to report every donation you make to the Govt?

Just now, NYrepublican said:

You miss the point. The complete and utter lack of any transparency, accountability, and limitations in the political donor system effectively, in essence, legalizes bribery of elected officials and candidates for election.

5 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Yes.

4 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Yes. 

On 12/29/2017 at 5:32 PM, lolandrewlmao said:

I’m putting the finishing touches on a beta version of this campaign, currently need to add endorsers and clarify policy positions for candidates.

Any ideas as to what issues and ‘what-if’ candiates I should add?

I’ll likely upload this tomorrow night.

How's this coming along?

5 hours ago, jnewt said:

How's this coming along?

There's a weird glitch in the primaries where the game force closes after a certain turn. I'm currently working on fixing it, might upload general-only soon.

On 12/31/2017 at 6:12 PM, NYrepublican said:

Yes, especially for political campaigns 

On 1/4/2018 at 7:34 PM, lolandrewlmao said:

There's a weird glitch in the primaries where the game force closes after a certain turn. I'm currently working on fixing it, might upload general-only soon.

Any more progress? If not, you could send it to me and I could see if I could figure out what's going on or help in some other way; I'm looking forward to this scenario.