270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Final Update: US 1808

US 1808 Election  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be able to help with any of the following?

• Play through the scenario and offer general feedback.
    • Play through as the Federalists and make sure it isn't too easy to win (it should be a struggle)
    • Help with other aspects such as double-checking information in the editor or in the .xls files, etc.
    • Sorry, I can't help with this scenario

21 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I could give this a try. Out of curiosity, is George Clinton's somewhat anomalous and unofficial "Third Party run" represented in any way in the scenario?

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

I could give this a try. Out of curiosity, is George Clinton's somewhat anomalous and unofficial "Third Party run" represented in any way in the scenario?

I'm going to implement it. The current scenario has a what-if independent run by DeWitt Clinton, mainly because he runs in 1812.

Update: Created an Independent Republican ticket to account for protest votes against Madison. I may make two Independent Republican tickets, since there were two groups of protests. I've also found a few more events to add. 

17 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Update: Created an Independent Republican ticket to account for protest votes against Madison. I may make two Independent Republican tickets, since there were two groups of protests. I've also found a few more events to add. 

Is Randolph one of the protest candidates?

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

Is Randolph one of the protest candidates?

No. George Clinton and James Monroe are the protest candidates, but I may make DeWitt Clinton and John Randolph as what-if substitutes. 

Update: Created two new parties--"Independent Republicans (North)" and Independent Republicans (South)". The two Clintons are the North options and Monroe and Randolph are the Southern options. Both parties are 0 in every state, except IR-N has 20% in New York, and IR-S has 5% in Virginia. 

Update: Added JQ Adams and Rufus King as Federalist options. I also added several more VPs for both parties. 

Update: Added Louisiana Purchase as an issue

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Update: Added Louisiana Purchase as an issue

I actually have an issue icon was originally going to use for United States 1804 and 1808 issues for such scenarios that were never completed for the Louisiana Purchase issue. It has the flag/banner the French used for Louisiane from 1800-1803, if you're at all interested. I don't believe the United States government created or authorized any new flag or seal for the area until the original version of the 'pelican flag' Louisiana adopted shortly after Statehood in 1812.

4 hours ago, Patine said:

I actually have an issue icon was originally going to use for United States 1804 and 1808 issues for such scenarios that were never completed for the Louisiana Purchase issue. It has the flag/banner the French used for Louisiane from 1800-1803, if you're at all interested. I don't believe the United States government created or authorized any new flag or seal for the area until the original version of the 'pelican flag' Louisiana adopted shortly after Statehood in 1812.

@NYrepublican made an issue icon for this issue

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

Fair enough. I just thought I'd offer, as I didn't know what you were currently using.

No prob. Thanks for the offer anyway. 

Update: Altered platforms, VP choices for each candidate, and amended some surrogates. Set platform, candidates, surrogates for the two independent Republican parties. 

37 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Update: Altered platforms, VP choices for each candidate, and amended some surrogates. Set platform, candidates, surrogates for the two independent Republican parties. 

As a note about multiple Independents in the same election, or Independent-(Insert Party) candidates (which is actually quite common in Canadian and British politics in older days), since I've made, worked on, and planned scenarios with multiple Independent candidates, Independent-(Insert Party) candidates and legislative blocs, and candidates and legislative blocs in purely or mostly non-partisan elections, I've actually taken to colouring in the default "letter-I" of the Independent party logo different colours to make differentiation and to break monotony. I have the "letter-I" in quite a few different coloured-in colour scheme varieties just on hand. Would you be interesting in using any?

2 hours ago, Patine said:

As a note about multiple Independents in the same election, or Independent-(Insert Party) candidates (which is actually quite common in Canadian and British politics in older days), since I've made, worked on, and planned scenarios with multiple Independent candidates, Independent-(Insert Party) candidates and legislative blocs, and candidates and legislative blocs in purely or mostly non-partisan elections, I've actually taken to colouring in the default "letter-I" of the Independent party logo different colours to make differentiation and to break monotony. I have the "letter-I" in quite a few different coloured-in colour scheme varieties just on hand. Would you be interesting in using any?

That would be helpful. Thanks!

48 minutes ago, vcczar said:

That would be helpful. Thanks!

Just emailed the ones I have already made to date to you just now!

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Just emailed the ones I have already made to date to you just now!

Thanks!

Update: I've begun adding endorsers, of which you can expect at least 40 new additions. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Thanks!

Are those enough different colours for you to work with across you're whole revision of your Presidential scenarios?

5 hours ago, Patine said:

Are those enough different colours for you to work with across you're whole revision of your Presidential scenarios?

I'll let you know if it doesn't. I'm fairly certain that there are enough colors. 

Update: Made a few edits to the VP candidates, added more endorsers. Hopefully, I'll finish the endorsers tomorrow. 

Update: Finished endorsers. After some more tinkering and double checking, I'll send the file to @Lyly for the map. 

Update: Added party logos for the independent 3rd party Republicans parties (logos made by @Patine

Update: Updated General Election and Primary descriptions and altered regional stances.