270soft Forum
Patine

'Tis the Season :S

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero

Well, the "Joy of the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" (damned vulture corporatism cashing in shamelessly on EVERYTHING, stupid songs, many of which nothing to do with actual CHRISTMAS being constantly spammed, and the "pagan goblin" Santa Claus everywhere), I've been under a lot of stress and may have been quite short and unnecessarily mean-spirited with people. I'm thus not posting again until after Boxing Day at the very earliest, possibly not until after New Year's, to allow myself to cool off and reset my patience and focus. Merry Christmas everyone, and try to enjoy yourselves amid the commercial circus.

Goodbye my friend and Happy Holidays. I hope you feel better soon. 

Merry Christmas y'all! Paul McCartney predicted it! War is over! The war on Christmas that is!

42 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Merry Christmas y'all! Paul McCartney predicted it! War is over! The war on Christmas that is!

*Sigh* Sad people buy into that. Happy Holidays nonetheless!

22 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Ahem. John Lennon said that :P

9 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Merry Christmas you filthy animals

Ah what typical capitalist behavior.

5 minutes ago, EndOfCapitalism said:

Ah what typical capitalist behavior.

I think he meant it lovingly. Happy Holidays.  

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Nobody's seen Home Alone?

Been a few years musta forgot that line.

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Basically. The people saying Happy Holidays are being edgy just for the sake of being edgy.

I always thought of Happy Holidays as a catch all term for holidays between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I mean non-Christians exist.  

8 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

I always thought of Happy Holidays as a catch all term for holidays between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I mean non-Christians exist.  

That's my own feelings on it as well. There's nothing wrong with Merry Christmas at all though, I use them both fairly often!

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎25 at 7:57 AM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Basically. The people saying Happy Holidays are being edgy just for the sake of being edgy.

No, PotatoWalrus, saying your quote above is being edgy just for the sake of being edgy. As well as being acidly, self-righteous, and unpleasant for no good reason. You must've gotten a lump of coal if you had that attitude Christmas Day. :P 

On 12/25/2017 at 10:04 AM, WVProgressive said:

It is. You have so many holidays- Eid, Hanakuh, the Advent, Orthodox feast days, and so on- it is easier to say Happy Holidays, than name them all. Also, in a weird way christmas doesn't feel like a Christian holiday. And this is coming from a jew. Between the countless movies, tv ads, and special foods, that barely mention Christ; christmas just feels like a day where you watch old movies and drink eggnog. 

44 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

It is. You have so many holidays- Eid, Hanakuh, the Advent, Orthodox feast days, and so on- it is easier to say Happy Holidays, than name them all. Also, in a weird way christmas doesn't feel like a Christian holiday. And this is coming from a jew. Between the countless movies, tv ads, and special foods, that barely mention Christ; christmas just feels like a day where you watch old movies and drink eggnog. 

This is because the real successful 'war on Christmas' is not by 'social liberals' or 'atheists' or any such, but by vulture corporate greed wanting to cash in shamelessly and ruthlessly. But, since most Republicans and similar conservative-minded parties in other first-world nations, who tend to have majorities of members who are obstensibly Christian, support corporate 'rights' to make a profit however they please, including minimum regulation, they fully capitulate to that 'war on Christian' and pass the buck of blame in their rhetoric ENTIRELY to social liberals and atheists, never mentioning the corporate aspect or blame in the issue.