270soft Forum
POLITICALBOMB

Texas Election 2018

I first started in the Republican primaries on the Texas succession scenario, I played as George W. Bush who starts the Republican Primary as the front runner. I won every contest and chose Rick Perry as my Vice-Leader since he did second best in the primaries. Once I went into the general it started exactly like how the map looks on the picture, and for the longest of time it stayed that way for a while. I figured the only way to win was hoping the senate would pick me, since 100 delegates is needed to win the presidency. Luckily in the end the Republican senate chose me.  I kind of won the electoral college but lost the popular vote.5a3c30cc3cdf7_BushTexasGeneralElection.PNG.a394165d9d72edf497a70fe7d90bcef6.PNG

4 hours ago, Paul Hontz said:

I first started in the Republican primaries on the Texas succession scenario, I played as George W. Bush who starts the Republican Primary as the front runner. I won every contest and chose Rick Perry as my Vice-Leader since he did second best in the primaries. Once I went into the general it started exactly like how the map looks on the picture, and for the longest of time it stayed that way for a while. I figured the only way to win was hoping the senate would pick me, since 100 delegates is needed to win the presidency. Luckily in the end the Republican senate chose me.  I kind of won the electoral college but lost the popular vote.5a3c30cc3cdf7_BushTexasGeneralElection.PNG.a394165d9d72edf497a70fe7d90bcef6.PNG

I admit I wasn't a fan of this scenario or the premise behind it's setup, storyline, or party system, but a good test of it, at least. And I'm not clear on what the "Texas Independent Party" is if they've already declared independence.

On 12/21/2017 at 9:26 PM, Patine said:

I admit I wasn't a fan of this scenario or the premise behind it's setup, storyline, or party system, but a good test of it, at least. And I'm not clear on what the "Texas Independent Party" is if they've already declared independence.

Independence from Independence?

On 12/24/2017 at 11:23 AM, Presidentinsertname said:

I assume its the party that helped secede from the Union, Im guessing a Nationalistic style party 

8 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I assume its the party that helped secede from the Union, Im guessing a Nationalistic style party 

With only 275 votes across Texas?

3 hours ago, Patine said:

With only 275 votes across Texas?

I guess so,that seems to be flawed but as a party, I think thats probably a good descriptive base

On 1/1/2018 at 10:30 PM, Paul Hontz said:

I Looked up and the guy who is running the Texas Independence Party is Reverent Scott Copeland of Texas who apparently is in the constitution party. I found his name here: http://independentpoliticalreport.com/2015/04/the-cps-presidential-options/ 

He's interesting to read about.

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎21 at 3:19 PM, Paul Hontz said:

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎26 at 11:02 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎24 at 9:23 AM, Presidentinsertname said:

9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

He's interesting to read about.

One of the issues an independent Republic of Texas might likely run up against is that they'd likely, shortly after independence, pass, or be very tempted to pass, a number of laws that would cause great controversy and possibly end up with sanctions and censures internationally against them that they would no longer have the influence, power, and protection of belonging to the U.S. to just shrug off (in fact, depending on who was U.S. President at the time, Washington might even fully support said sanctions and censures).

nvm