270soft Forum

@admin_270

I have a way to make the game a lot more complicated Strategically, add each states Counties to the game, it adds even more strategy for the primaries. Makes you break it down farther by planning your strategy based on the counties instead. 

New Hampshire for Example, could be really close between 3 candidates and one of them wins by visiting Coos County a few more times than everyone else....

Or PA for example could come down to 3 small counties in the middle of the state that no one anticipated would be important. 

9 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

@admin_270

I have a way to make the game a lot more complicated Strategically, add each states Counties to the game, it adds even more strategy for the primaries. Makes you break it down farther by planning your strategy based on the counties instead. 

New Hampshire for Example, could be really close between 3 candidates and one of them wins by visiting Coos County a few more times than everyone else....

Or PA for example could come down to 3 small counties in the middle of the state that no one anticipated would be important. 

Not another county-level addition, please. Such a feature would literally kill all fan-based scenario creation of any significance. I am staunchly a vocal opponent of county-level game features implemented into PI in any form (and you're not remotely the first to bring this up). It's nothing personal against you - it would just be utterly destructive to an important aspect of the PI community.

37 minutes ago, Patine said:

Not another county-level addition, please. Such a feature would literally kill all fan-based scenario creation of any significance. I am staunchly a vocal opponent of county-level game features implemented into PI in any form (and you're not remotely the first to bring this up). It's nothing personal against you - it would just be utterly destructive to an important aspect of the PI community.

So why do you oppose it?

31 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

So why do you oppose it?

Because custom scenario designers having to create or account for a whole new county level to their scenarios (especially in PI scenarios not dealing with U.S. Presidential elections, but many alternate election scenarios, like State Governors and Senators, City Mayors, foreign national Presidents, and some other ideas I've seen crop up reasonably often, that don't even have a direct analog to a county level) would make custom scenario design extremely onerous and probably kill that aspect of the game, which would a huge and devastating to the PI community.

4 hours ago, Patine said:

Because custom scenario designers having to create or account for a whole new county level to their scenarios (especially in PI scenarios not dealing with U.S. Presidential elections, but many alternate election scenarios, like State Governors and Senators, City Mayors, foreign national Presidents, and some other ideas I've seen crop up reasonably often, that don't even have a direct analog to a county level) would make custom scenario design extremely onerous and probably kill that aspect of the game, which would a huge and devastating to the PI community.

Agreed