270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

Campaign issues in 2018

Here's a list of possible campaign issues for the 2018 midterms. New issues are marked by a plus sign.

Govt Spending

Health care policy

Role of Goverment

Taxes

Social Security 

Energy

+DACA

Immigration

Defense Spending

+North Korea

+Russia Probe

Iran

Military intervention

+Sexual harassment allegations (if people accused should drop out of the race/resign from office)

+Net Neutrality

Education

Unions

War on terror

Corruption

+Anti-discrimation ordinances (the ones that are going to the SCOTUS now)

Environment

Gun Control

Trade Policy

Abortion

13 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Here's a list of possible campaign issues for the 2018 midterms. New issues are marked by a plus sign.

Govt Spending

Health care policy

Role of Goverment

Taxes

Social Security 

Energy

+DACA

Immigration

Defense Spending

+North Korea

+Russia Probe

Iran

Military intervention

+Sexual harassment allegations (if people accused should drop out of the race/resign from office)

+Net Neutrality

Education

Unions

War on terror

Corruption

Environment

Gun Control

Trade Policy

Abortion

Ah, the B-Movie/Pulp issue title strikes again! Why do people still take George W. Bush's ridiculously cheesy, overblown, melodramatic, and ultimately inappropriate and highly inaccurate "War on Terror" label seriously, and still use it as an official name of a real world conflict?

24 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Govt Spending

Health care policy

Role of Goverment

Taxes

Social Security 

Energy

+DACA

Immigration

Defense Spending

+North Korea

+Russia Probe

Iran

Military intervention

+Net Neutrality

Education

Unions

War on terror

Corruption

Environment

Gun Control

Trade Policy

Abortion

Pretty good list, only one I would ad is Net neutrality. Maybe Gerrymandering, but that depends on the Wisconsin case. 

DACA and Immigration shouldn't be separate. As @Patine says, I think "War on Terror" should be renamed to "Terrorism" because the phrase has sort of diminished. 

Just now, vcczar said:

DACA and Immigration shouldn't be separate. As @Patine says, I think "War on Terror" should be renamed to "Terrorism" because the phrase has sort of diminished. 

I decided to keep them seperate as Immigration could be taken as referring to travel bans and I don't want that to be mixed with DACA. 

46 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I decided to keep them seperate as Immigration could be taken as referring to travel bans and I don't want that to be mixed with DACA. 

Then why don't you have DACA and Travel Bans separately? Or have Travel Bans and Immigration? Or why not Travel Bans and Immigration? 

46 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Travel bans (which are stupid and flawed policy that any terrorist worth their salt will easily get around because they'll know better than to fly from an affected country with a passport from such a country; the policy will ONLY succeed in stirring up resentment, criticism, animosity, and showing the braindead nature and desire for oversimplistic but unrealistic solutions that are the hallmark of the Trump agenda) shouldn't be under immigration, because international travel as a whole is NOT the same thing as immigration.

9 hours ago, PunPun said:

Can I pilfer some of these? Especially the Russia one. Going to make that a big weakpoint for the GOP in the election.

Sure.