270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYJIm77

2018 NY Gubernatorial Election

I'm new to the forum community, but I've created a (decent, IMO) 2018 campaign for the NY Gubernatorial Election.

Problem being, it was created entirely from "NYrepublican" 's 2010 Gubernatorial Election upload - just with updated candidates, parties, etc.

Would this be ethical to upload so long as I give them credit?

Just now, NYJIm77 said:

I'm new to the forum community, but I've created a (decent, IMO) 2018 campaign for the NY Gubernatorial Election.

Problem being, it was created entirely from "NYrepublican" 's 2010 Gubernatorial Election upload - just with updated candidates, parties, etc.

You'd have to pay @NYrepublican several million dollars in royalties and have a flattering stainless steel stature to him erected in Central Park at your expense. :P

No, just kidding. Credit and respect are usually sufficient. And, welcome to the community. :)

21 hours ago, NYJIm77 said:

I'm fine with you uploading it.

Also, in the future you don't need to ask. Also,I'm looking to update the 2010 campaign anyway so help would be appreciated.

@NYJIm77 It's nice to see another fellow New Yorker on the forums.

@NYJIm77 If you want help making the campaign I'll be happy to help.

@NYrepublican @NYJIm77

I think the 1792 New York gubernatorial election between Federalist heavyweight John Jay and Democratic-Republican heavyweight George Clinton might be kind of interesting (which was, although New York State gubernatorial elections date back to 1777 - an election they couldn't have active polling in NYC itself in, because it was under British occupation at that time, 1792 is the first such election to apparently have definite and recognizable party labels it's candidates ran under).

53 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

You should add the MTA as an issue.

Hm. I'll have to do some research on it, but thanks!

Research on the Green Party as well. Hawkins said he isn't running, so I'll research some viable candidates.