270soft Forum
Kingthero

Moon Emergence Roleplay

McKnight: The McKnight Party is the only one that can restore our national pride and establish order. Our chief concern is defending the privacy of our citizens under all circumstances and standing up to those who mean to destabilise us. Our government will run the military, the police, and the courts - I will take care of the rest, cut out the middleman, all that. There will be no corporate influence, because my corporation is the ONLY corporation. And let me tell you: we have no bias!

52 minutes ago, Wiw said:

McKnight: The McKnight Party is the only one that can restore our national pride and establish order. Our chief concern is defending the privacy of our citizens under all circumstances and standing up to those who mean to destabilise us. Our government will run the military, the police, and the courts - I will take care of the rest, cut out the middleman, all that. There will be no corporate influence, because my corporation is the ONLY corporation. And let me tell you: we have no bias!

OOC: You guys sound like African candidates in an "emerging democracy" only recently having risen from a long period of one-party or colonial rule in the theme and motif of your campaign rhetoric here you know.

Chandler: Hello everyone. Today I'd like to announce the formation of the Mooninite National Party. This party is focused on burgeoning nationalism to strengthen support for our independence. Other focuses of our party would be ensuring equality for all of us,. When it comes to democracy the MNP states very clearly that we are determined to all forms be it economic or political. That's all i have for you today, thank you kindly for your time.    

Paulson: Everything Mr McKnight and Ms. Chandler has said frightens me greatly. That is why we as American who value Liberty must come together to unite. That is why I am today announcing the formation of the Culture and Liberty Party. The CLP stand firmly in favor of a small government, positive relations with America, and a strong commitment to our culture and values. It is about time we come together under stable leadership to further what we are doing here, science for the greater good of mankind. I am proud to take the initiative in this great Frontier. God Bless.

36 minutes ago, Patine said:

OOC: You guys sound like African candidates in an "emerging democracy" only recently having risen from a long period of one-party or colonial rule in the theme and motif of your campaign rhetoric here you know.

OOC: Yep, that's about the size of it!

Party Membership Changes

March 06, 2019

Democrat: 94 (-1)

Republican: 64 (0)

MNP: 4 (+4)

CLP: 2 (+2)

McKnight: 1 (+1)

OOC: Today's issue is agriculture. Make your position on agriculture. Just so you know, crops do grow on the moon, but only very essential crops like beans and wheat. Lots of imports are done from the States.

@Wiw @WVProgressive @Reagan04

McKnight: Our agriculture's good. If we can, we'll introduce more crops and materiel so we don't have to rely on imports so much.

When it comes to our agriculture we need increases in both our efficiency and our diversity. About imports, we need to find a way to grow these crops ourselves or look to other trade deals to suit our needs using our research as a bargaining chip.  

OOC: I have to ask - and I mean this seriously, not random grilling - why does this campaigning act, by omission of statement, as if no other nation on Earth but the U.S. exists. If a candidate (especially the more anti-Trump) wanted alternate trading or supplying partners, the EU, Russia, China, and Japan are all capable of reaching the Moon on their own. But all I'm hearing in that is Trump must be the supplier, be must survive on our own pioneer style, or @WVProgressive's statement of "alternate sources" (which is more in line with what I'm saying), with stating the idea as amorphous, undefined "anti-Trump" option than anything specific?

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

OOC: I have to ask - and I mean this seriously, not random grilling - why does this campaigning act, by omission of statement, as if no other nation on Earth but the U.S. exists. If a candidate (especially the more anti-Trump) wanted alternate trading or supplying partners, the EU, Russia, China, and Japan are all capable of reaching the Moon on their own. But all I'm hearing in that is Trump must be the supplier, be must survive on our own pioneer style, or @WVProgressive's statement of "alternate sources" (which is more in line with what I'm saying), with stating the idea as amorphous, undefined "anti-Trump" option than anything specific?

OOC: Trade deals with other nations was what i meant by alternate sources, I probably should have worded that better. sorry

OOC: On a meta note, Trumpern is a U.S research base, and while they could receive foreign help, I guarantee the U.S. government would not really like them so much.

3 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

OOC: On a meta note, Trumpern is a U.S research base, and while they could receive foreign help, I guarantee the U.S. government would not really like them so much.

Ah, that confirmation just killed my hope that this idea had free, new horizon, "forging-one's-on-path," escaping the problems, mistakes, and issues of the home nation and starting anew, ideal of scifi colonial fiction (and plus, having to live in a place egotistically named after the political leader on Earth I, myself, would most want to get away from). I appreciate the confirmation, but must apologize for the plummet in interest and enthusiasm it's led to.

This roleplay is defined within realism but exposed to any sort of possibility. Of course the United States is going to want to protect its interests; hell, they already overstepped the free market to make the research completely government controlled. However, do you really think the U.S is going to actually enforce martial law out of the blue? My thoughts are that this roleplay will progress the town so far that they don't need the U.S anymore.

1 minute ago, Kingthero said:

@Patine

Not true at all; literally anything can happen. I am not speaking fact, rather than possibility.

OOC: Well, if Trump does take offense to trading with other nations on Earth, someone versed in American history might quote the precedent of the Nautical Control Act, that limited all overseas British colonies to only trade with Britain, other British colonies, or British charter companies like the British India or Hudson's Bay Companies, that was a very early contributor to the Continental Congress, before the Stamp Tax was ever passed. Just a thought.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

OOC: Well, if Trump does take offense to trading with other nations on Earth, someone versed in American history might quote the precedent of the Nautical Control Act, that limited all overseas British colonies to only trade with Britain, other British colonies, or British charter companies like the British India or Hudson's Bay Companies, that was a very early contributor to the Continental Congress, before the Stamp Tax was ever passed. Just a thought.

Well, thing is my roleplay would take that into consideration, but knowing how the media is all anti-Trump, the media would likely be pro-moon, which would prevent that from happening.

Payne Talks Agriculture

March 08, 2019

I appreciate the realism cited by McKnight and Chandler; at least they aren't crying for complete agricultural independence immediately! Now, what I stand for is something simple. I want research on new crops to continue, but imports should continue aplenty. The People should not be rid of luxurious food items just because we can grow the basics on the moon! People want to be treated as humans, not farm animals! We deserve our rights to luxury!

Paulson: I disagree with Mr. Payne on a few points, the first is there is no right to luxury, we must remember we are on the Moon, there will be times we must make sacrifices and we cannot let our desires get in front of our work. That being said, we should continue to work with the United States, I am a proud American as we all are and the U.S. is the world's foremost superpower. We should work on agricultural science to help us grow efficient and self-sustainable but when it comes to the items in which to indulge our people, the U.S. is the best option and will remain that way. I think it is irresponsible to break with our founding land, the majority of us feel this way too, we are a pragmatic, rational people, we cannot simply declare independence overnight. America is the greatest nation in the, well, solar system! I think we can stand in unity for this, God Bless you all!

Party Membership Changes

March 09, 2019

Democrat: 94 (0)

Republican: 64 (0)

MNP: 5 (+1)

CLP: 4 (+2)

McKnight: 1 (0)

Political Survey March 10 2019

Check which "idea" you support. (All 300 People)

Independence War with America: 6

Complete Disassociation with America: 15

Limited Association with America: 36

Major Disapproval of Trump: 47

Minor Disapproval of Trump: 49

In the Middle with Trump: 42

Minor Liking of Trump: 37

Major Liking of Trump: 44

Major Influence from Trump: 14

Trumptopia: 10

------------------------------------------------------

Complete Agricultural Independence: 23

Rarely Import Crops, Path Towards Independence: 38

Rarely Import U.S Crops, Imports Others, Path Towards Independence: 46

Mixed Bag of Importing and Growing: 57

Continue Research into Other Crops, Imports Fine: 79

Some Research on Crops, but Rely on Imports: 43

Only Grow the Necessities, Import the Rest and Spend Money Elsewhere: 14

OOC: I am scheduling the election April 1st. I will be presenting 4 more ideas for candidates to make positions on, and then the rest of the days there will be chances for ya'll to pull voters or change position.

Today's Issue: Security

@Wiw @WVProgressive @Reagan04

Chandler: There has been a lot of questions about our security and let me tell you my plan. We should try to have friendly relations with earth. In order to secure our independence we need to hold a positive view of the world and build up relations with other superpowers such as the EU, the UK, Japan, and many more. Another way to maintain security we must build some sort of civilian defense force.      

McKnight: Ah, now security, we can bring back Brilliant Pebbles. That system that can shoot tungsten bullets at kinetic warheads. More importantly, it saves money! As for internal security, we can hire the same kind of policing forces that we have back on Earth. They won't be armed with live ammunition, we don't need any more gun violence.

Paulson: Security is such a crucial aspect of a base such as ours. But I do not think we need to go overboard. In case you haven't noticed, WE ARE ON THE MOON! So War should not be a worry, but I would certainly favor the development of missiles that could debilitate enemy spacecraft should that occasion arise. BUt pertinently on the agenda should be Domestic Safety. The best way we can ensure that is policing and Gun Rights. Now Mr. McKnight as usual fashion has taken us down the authoritarian route and decided to disarm the population. That is always step number one for tyrants. It is clear to me we need government-funded police but also a strong sense of Gun Rights. It is my belief that we should respect all the rights enumerated in the U.S. Constitution. I am a proud American and one of the benefits of that is greatly improved safety over any kind of shaky independence. We need stability and good relationships, I have proven to be that candidate for you. God Bless.