270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

NYC City Council 2017

2 minutes ago, Lyly said:

I'd love to fix the scaling issues on the party images, if you'd let me! I'm poking around right now, though I don't know much about the race itself.

From what I can gather, there wasn't much of a "race" in RL - mostly a reaffirmation of power. I'm not sure why @NYrepublican doesn't seem to tackle many scenarios anymore that are actually competitive without doing single electoral district, referendum, or VERY small-scale offices (like a District Attorney). I've asked him several times, and haven't yet gotten much of an answer. :S

Also, is this supposed to be in Congress Infinity? I didn't really think about it and opened it up in President Infinity instead. I've never played any CI before, so if they are halfway mutually compatible I don't know about it. That said, I'd still be happy to help with a few things. Image and text editing, I suppose, are where I see places I could actually help. Like I said, I don't know much about the political situation outside of generalities.

Just now, Lyly said:

Also, is this supposed to be in Congress Infinity? I didn't really think about it and opened it up in President Infinity instead. I've never played any CI before, so if they are halfway mutually compatible I don't know about it. That said, I'd still be happy to help with a few things. Image and text editing, I suppose, are where I see places I could actually help. Like I said, I don't know much about the political situation outside of generalities.

They're not at all compatible. I own both. And neither are compatible with PMI for that matter. :P

Well, the campaign definitely opens and runs in President Infinity, though it does seem to have some issues that I assume are related to it not being intended to run on this version.

7 minutes ago, Lyly said:

Well, the campaign definitely opens and runs in President Infinity, though it does seem to have some issues that I assume are related to it not being intended to run on this version.

For instance, I don't imagine you can see, interact with, or send money to your individual electoral district candidates, or view their individual opponents, can you?

Considering I don't even really know what you are asking me, I'd say you're correct! What stood out immediately to me though was glitchy map interface and votes not tallying correctly. But it was fun to read the newspaper at least.

1 minute ago, Lyly said:

Considering I don't even really know what you are asking me, I'd say you're correct! What stood out immediately to me though was glitchy map interface and votes not tallying correctly. But it was fun to read the newspaper at least.

What I'm asking is at the heart of what makes CI a distinct game - it's about electing a Congress (or, with editing, another legislative body), not a President or other chief executive. Thus, the proper CI interface allows you to view each electoral district, see your party's candidate and their opponents, send money to each electoral district's candidate, advertise electoral district-by-electoral district, see percentages for candidates by electoral district, etc. I hope that clears up a bit of the confusion.

Oh, I get what you mean and I am thoroughly convinced I was not supposed to be able to open it and try to play. I dared not to finish the game either, because I'd rather not break anything. I've never played or even seen someone play Congress Infinity, so for sure anything you mention will not register with me! lol It's not confusion then, I suppose, but bemusement. I appreciate your explanations though, genuinely.

@Patine CI scenarios can run on PMI but not vice versa.

Anyway @Lyly if you want to fix the party images feel free to do so.

Okay, can do! I can send them to you as individuals within a folder or edit the scenario and upload it? The former is easier for me, but it's not much difference either way.

Just now, Lyly said:

Okay, can do! I can send them to you as individuals within a folder or edit the scenario and upload it? The former is easier for me, but it's not much difference either way.

Whichever is easier for you.

Fixed a few parties accidentally being on ballot.

I have party logos wrapped up but haven't finished the candidate portraits.

Here is a copy of the Party Images folder, which includes Candidates portraits as a subfolder. I modified the party images for scaling and consistency and changed a couple of the candidate images. I didn't find any logos or graphics for the Women's Equality party, so I took some artistic liberty just to liven it up from plain text, I hope that's alright. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

NYC17_party_images.rar

8 hours ago, Lyly said:

Here is a copy of the Party Images folder, which includes Candidates portraits as a subfolder. I modified the party images for scaling and consistency and changed a couple of the candidate images. I didn't find any logos or graphics for the Women's Equality party, so I took some artistic liberty just to liven it up from plain text, I hope that's alright. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

NYC17_party_images.rar

Will update it soon.