Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

NYC City Council 2017

Recommended Posts

I've begun work on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I've begun work on this.

There's no Wikipedia article for this election yet. There's a 2013 election article for the NYC Council, but neither a 2009 nor a 2017 one. I was a bit disappointed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished the percentages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three issues left, then to set the platforms and we'll be good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Three issues left, then to set the platforms and we'll be good to go.

How many parties will there be, and which ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

How many parties will there be, and which ones?

~10 or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things left to do

-set the events to the issues

-set party platforms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Here's the first version, please test: http://campaigns.270soft.com/2017/12/29/nyc-city-council-2017/

A few suggestions from first glance:

-Party colours: Reform should be purple, Independence light yellow, Women's Equality light-green, and Liberal, while I'm having a difficult time find a definitive colour tied to them, I'm pretty sure it's not grey.

-I know it was a dull, monotonous election with low voter turnout and little interest (like the city election here in Edmonton in October of this year), but why do the Liberal and Women's Equality Parties, and, though I don't know who he or she is, Yoni Hikind (they don't even have a Wikipedia page) have such non-committal and apathetic platforms (basically, straight centrist all the way down), which is certainly NOT how their platforms (at least the two full parties) are portrayed ideologically in their Wikipedia articles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patine said:

-I know it was a dull, monotonous election with low voter turnout and little interest (like the city election here in Edmonton in October of this year), but why do the Liberal and Women's Equality Parties, and, though I don't know who he or she is, Yoni Hikind (they don't even have a Wikipedia page) have such non-committal and apathetic platforms (basically, straight centrist all the way down), which is certainly NOT how their platforms (at least the two full parties) are portrayed ideologically in their Wikipedia articles.

Brooklyn's 44 district race was largely about local issues. Hikind didn't make much in way of statements on Citywide issues

I more or less guessed on the Liberal and Women's equality party platforms (they're very minor parties)

1 hour ago, Patine said:

-Party colours: Reform should be purple, Independence light yellow, Women's Equality light-green, and Liberal, while I'm having a difficult time find a definitive colour tied to them, I'm pretty sure it's not grey.

Will do. I'm keeping the liberals the same for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like the liberal and women's equality platform changes didn't save will fix soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine It's updated. How did the rest of your game go?

I was playing as the Liberals (hence why the platform anomalies were more readily apparent to me much quicker). Stern did NOT win his seat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 1.1

-adjusted strength of Eric Ulrich

-fixed typo in event

-fixed accidental capitalization in New York City

-Liberal and women's equality platforms fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

v. 1.2

-adjusted candidate strength of Brooklyn district  35 and 40 candidates

-added event related to De Blasio corruption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

v. 1.2

-adjusted candidate strength of Brooklyn district  35 and 40 candidates

-added event related to De Blasio corruption.

What has happened to shift candidate strength in Brooklyn, out of curiosity, in an RW context?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

What has happened to shift candidate strength in Brooklyn, out of curiosity, in an RW context?

Because of issues relating to simulation results in those districts becoming too unrealistic because too many parties are investing too much money in those districts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Because of issues relating to simulation results in those districts becoming too unrealistic because too many parties are investing too much money in those districts.

I thought Brooklyn residents traditionally complained of a lack of investment in their borough, compared to Manhattan, Queens, and the Bronx, but probably more than Staten Island - but I guess that would refer to infrastructure, social projects, new business ventures, and other day-to-day improvements, both by public and private money, not election ads and campaigning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Patine said:

I thought Brooklyn residents traditionally complained of a lack of investment in their borough, compared to Manhattan, Queens, and the Bronx, but probably more than Staten Island - but I guess that would refer to infrastructure, social projects, new business ventures, and other day-to-day improvements, both by public and private money, not election ads and campaigning.

Well Staten Island staged a Stexit referendum in 1993.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Well Statein Island staged a Stexit referendum in 1993.

To become a separate city, I assume, and not their own State or sovereign nation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Patine said:

To become a separate city, I assume, and not their own State or sovereign nation?

yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to fix the scaling issues on the party images, if you'd let me! I'm poking around right now, though I don't know much about the race itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×