270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

NYC City Council 2017

I've begun work on this.

44 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I've begun work on this.

There's no Wikipedia article for this election yet. There's a 2013 election article for the NYC Council, but neither a 2009 nor a 2017 one. I was a bit disappointed...

I finished the percentages.

Three issues left, then to set the platforms and we'll be good to go.

18 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Three issues left, then to set the platforms and we'll be good to go.

How many parties will there be, and which ones?

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

How many parties will there be, and which ones?

~10 or so.

Things left to do

-set the events to the issues

-set party platforms

54 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Here's the first version, please test: http://campaigns.270soft.com/2017/12/29/nyc-city-council-2017/

A few suggestions from first glance:

-Party colours: Reform should be purple, Independence light yellow, Women's Equality light-green, and Liberal, while I'm having a difficult time find a definitive colour tied to them, I'm pretty sure it's not grey.

-I know it was a dull, monotonous election with low voter turnout and little interest (like the city election here in Edmonton in October of this year), but why do the Liberal and Women's Equality Parties, and, though I don't know who he or she is, Yoni Hikind (they don't even have a Wikipedia page) have such non-committal and apathetic platforms (basically, straight centrist all the way down), which is certainly NOT how their platforms (at least the two full parties) are portrayed ideologically in their Wikipedia articles.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

-I know it was a dull, monotonous election with low voter turnout and little interest (like the city election here in Edmonton in October of this year), but why do the Liberal and Women's Equality Parties, and, though I don't know who he or she is, Yoni Hikind (they don't even have a Wikipedia page) have such non-committal and apathetic platforms (basically, straight centrist all the way down), which is certainly NOT how their platforms (at least the two full parties) are portrayed ideologically in their Wikipedia articles.

Brooklyn's 44 district race was largely about local issues. Hikind didn't make much in way of statements on Citywide issues

I more or less guessed on the Liberal and Women's equality party platforms (they're very minor parties)

1 hour ago, Patine said:

-Party colours: Reform should be purple, Independence light yellow, Women's Equality light-green, and Liberal, while I'm having a difficult time find a definitive colour tied to them, I'm pretty sure it's not grey.

Will do. I'm keeping the liberals the same for now.

It seems like the liberal and women's equality platform changes didn't save will fix soon.

15 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine It's updated. How did the rest of your game go?

I was playing as the Liberals (hence why the platform anomalies were more readily apparent to me much quicker). Stern did NOT win his seat!

Version 1.1

-adjusted strength of Eric Ulrich

-fixed typo in event

-fixed accidental capitalization in New York City

-Liberal and women's equality platforms fixed.

v. 1.2

-adjusted candidate strength of Brooklyn district  35 and 40 candidates

-added event related to De Blasio corruption.

29 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

v. 1.2

-adjusted candidate strength of Brooklyn district  35 and 40 candidates

-added event related to De Blasio corruption.

What has happened to shift candidate strength in Brooklyn, out of curiosity, in an RW context?

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

What has happened to shift candidate strength in Brooklyn, out of curiosity, in an RW context?

Because of issues relating to simulation results in those districts becoming too unrealistic because too many parties are investing too much money in those districts.

32 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Because of issues relating to simulation results in those districts becoming too unrealistic because too many parties are investing too much money in those districts.

I thought Brooklyn residents traditionally complained of a lack of investment in their borough, compared to Manhattan, Queens, and the Bronx, but probably more than Staten Island - but I guess that would refer to infrastructure, social projects, new business ventures, and other day-to-day improvements, both by public and private money, not election ads and campaigning.

43 minutes ago, Patine said:

I thought Brooklyn residents traditionally complained of a lack of investment in their borough, compared to Manhattan, Queens, and the Bronx, but probably more than Staten Island - but I guess that would refer to infrastructure, social projects, new business ventures, and other day-to-day improvements, both by public and private money, not election ads and campaigning.

Well Staten Island staged a Stexit referendum in 1993.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Well Statein Island staged a Stexit referendum in 1993.

To become a separate city, I assume, and not their own State or sovereign nation?

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

To become a separate city, I assume, and not their own State or sovereign nation?

yes.

I'd love to fix the scaling issues on the party images, if you'd let me! I'm poking around right now, though I don't know much about the race itself.