270soft Forum
NYrepublican

Trump jerusalem decision

Do you approve of the announcement?  

20 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you approve of the announcement?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2017 at 05:12 AM

What do you think.

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

What do you think.

"Solutions" to international problems that affect multiple nations and peoples by a unilateral declaration of one nation's head-of-state alone aren't a policy type and modus operandi I generally support on principal. Reminds me too much of the Roman Emperors... :S

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

What do you think.

Horrible idea that will only escalate tensions in the already volatile situation in the Palestine/Israel conflict.

Hell maybe a Third Intifada at worst!  

We aren't supposed to post politics outside of the 270Soft games anymore

38 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Horrible idea that will only escalate tensions in the already volatile situation in the Palestine/Israel conflict.

Hell maybe a Third Intifada at worst!  

Let 'em try it.

Palestinians have never been told "no" and they can't handle it apparently. It's like a spoiled child.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Palestinians have never been told "no" and they can't handle it apparently. It's like a spoiled child.

Never knew killing a nations people didn't count as saying no

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_attacks_on_Palestine

1 minute ago, WVProgressive said:

Never knew killing a nations people didn't count as saying no

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_attacks_on_Palestine

Oh. So when militants shoot at you you should just say "Hey boys,keep shooting"?

7 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

1. Was an accident

2. Many of these were terrorists as you're source admits for example "Khalil was shot dead by Israeli forces after he allegedly attempted to stab a soldier at the Beit Einoun junction near Hebron on 7 January. No Israelis were reported injured during the incident. The boy’s adult brother, Mahmoud, was shot and killed by Israeli forces in the same location in November 2015".

3."The children were killed in Gaza yesterday as more than 100,000 Palestinians were urged to evacuate their homes ahead of a possible ground offensive and new air attacks." - they received advance notice they were in a danger zone by Israel.

4. They were violating Israel's policy regarding shipments to Gaza. That they needed to be inspected.

Israel has the right to choose their capital.  It is only right for the US to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.  It's about time someone has the balls to do something with this.

31 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Oh. So when militants shoot at you you should just say "Hey boys,keep shooting"?

25 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

To be honest, I am bone sick of the unrealistically, insulting to the intelligence, viewpoints this particular issue is almost portrayed with. Almost every portrayal shows things as if the side they favour is completely in the rightly, only acting defensively, and completely innocent of all wrong-doing and any blame for the situation, and the side not favoured the one portraying it is villainized to the blackest, most inhuman, lowly of vile evils. I have had enough the warped, twisted dishonesty and lies in the portrayal of this conflict and region of the world. Let's call a spade a spade. Both sides' actions and errors have led to escalation of the conflict, both sides have the needless and gratuitous blood of innocents on their hands, both sides have sabotaged many attempts at peaceful resolutions, and many outside powers have only made things worse as well. But, given the lop-sided and ridiculously biased portrayals of events, it would almost strike me one of the holiest places in the world to the Three major Abrahamic Religions is somehow VERY powerfully infused with a Manichaeisitc influence.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

4. They were violating Israel's policy regarding shipments to Gaza. That they needed to be inspected.

Didn't know the punishment for that was execution!

4 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

The boy’s adult brother, Mahmoud, was shot and killed by Israeli forces in the same location in November 2015

Guess they're operating under guilt by association.

14 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Khalil was shot dead by Israeli forces after he allegedly attempted to stab a soldier at the Beit Einoun junction near Hebron on 7 January. No Israelis were reported injured during the incident.

Alright I agree that guy was a terrorist.

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

3."The children were killed in Gaza yesterday as more than 100,000 Palestinians were urged to evacuate their homes ahead of a possible ground offensive and new air attacks." - they received advance notice they were in a danger zone by Israel.

Indiscriminate killing of people definitely wont backfire and give the actual terrorists like Hamas and Hezbollah ammunition to recruit the mourners against the state that sponsored the killing. 

11 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

1. Was an accident

Still there there's better ways of getting terrorists than just attacking indiscriminately!

1 minute ago, WVProgressive said:

Well what do you realistically expect to happen if you try that for any other country?

2 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I'll do more research on this incident when I have time.

2 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Indiscriminate killing of people definitely wont backfire and give the actual terrorists like Hamas and Hezbollah ammunition to recruit the mourners against the state that sponsored the killing. 

Israel is not going around just shooting people. Those warnings were given so people could leave, if they didn't that's on them or their Governments for keeping them there (as Hamas has done)

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Well what do you realistically expect to happen if you try that for any other country?

Most nations have more civilized and orderly procedures for their Coast Guard and maritime borders laws that actually fit into the concept of legal codes and due process, you know...

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Probably a large fine and jail time though I'm not sure what the us law is but I expect think that's what would happen over here.

5 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Israel is not going around just shooting people. Those warnings were given so people could leave, if they didn't that's on them or their Governments for keeping them there (as Hamas has done)

Maybe i worded that wrong what i meant to say was that they need to work on a better strategy than what they have its like that Noam Chomsky quote - " Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."

43 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

1. Was an accident

2. Many of these were terrorists as you're source admits for example "Khalil was shot dead by Israeli forces after he allegedly attempted to stab a soldier at the Beit Einoun junction near Hebron on 7 January. No Israelis were reported injured during the incident. The boy’s adult brother, Mahmoud, was shot and killed by Israeli forces in the same location in November 2015".

39 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Israel has the right to choose their capital.  It is only right for the US to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.  It's about time someone has the balls to do something with this.

27 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Alright I agree that guy was a terrorist.

Still there there's better ways of getting terrorists than just attacking indiscriminately!

My final word on this thread (and where it seems to be going) is this quote of wisdom - "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind."

I condemn the extremists and warmongers of all nations and all peoples. This condemnation goes for both Palestine and Israel, whenever a rock is thrown, a gun or missile fired, a bomb explodes, etc. Obviously, I condemn similar behavior from my own country. It is worst when innocent civilians are killed, and many innocent people, both Israeli and Palestinian have been killed. Part of me wishes we could toss in enough sleeping gas to put the entire region to sleep, take all the weapons, and weapon-making material, and then destroy them. Then, round up the extremists on both sides, and send them to Antarctica where they'll have to fight with fists in the snow. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Part of me wishes we could toss in enough sleeping gas to put the entire region to sleep, take all the weapons, and weapon-making material, and then destroy them. Then, round up the extremists on both sides, and send them to Antarctica where they'll have to fight with fists in the snow. 

A small part of me thinks that it will never end and they might even end up shooting at each other from spaceships. 

A huge international error.

This won't help the Israelians at all.

Trump is doing an assumed Bush international policy.

So, like a normal human, spend my free time on google earth. And normally when you click on a city, it'll give you the boundaries of the said city. Google earth will not give the boundaries for Jerusalem. I say, we shouldn't have embassies in cities that google earth does not show the boundaries. 

5 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

We here in pa didnt bitch when philly was replace as the capital

That was under a totally different political atmosphere, and there was no threat of danger to people's lives. Not a good comparison. Many US state capitals were changed in the same decade when most of the states opted to move their capitals to central locations, so no one had to travel too far to reach their state government. 

6 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

We here in pa didnt bitch when philly was replace as the capital

Really?  There was much consternation here when the carpetbaggers moved the state capital to Atlanta.

7 hours ago, vcczar said:

That was under a totally different political atmosphere, and there was no threat of danger to people's lives. Not a good comparison. Many US state capitals were changed in the same decade when most of the states opted to move their capitals to central locations, so no one had to travel too far to reach their state government. 

Ahem.Albany