270soft Forum
NYrepublican

Trump jerusalem decision

Do you approve of the announcement?  

20 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you approve of the announcement?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/24/2017 at 05:12 AM

3 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

... from a legal standpoint Israel has no right to exist.

And why does the US have anymore of a right to exist? It's just a bunch of colonists who rebelled because of a tax to pay for their protection from the french after all!

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Except ypur precious Israel just had that land given to them, whereas the US had to actually fight against a tyrannical monarchy. Maybe Israel would be in fighting shape if they weren't getting billions in federal aid to blow. As much as I love Democracy and all that, from a legal standpoint Israel has no right to exist.

Not to touch the Israel issue here directly, but you see you, like Reagan04 and many other Americans, buy into the "tyrannical absolute monarch George III" bit, even to this day. That ideal was actually propaganda written into the Declaration of Independence to get colonists who might otherwise be indifferent to the issues riled up. Lord North, the Prime Minister of Great Britain, an elected MP and the leader of the majority party in Parliament (the Tory Party, though they were avoiding that label at that time as it was still somewhat sullied from the Jacobite fiasco) passed the "intolerable" acts and declared the Colonies of Massachusetts and Virginia in a state of rebellion, subsequently authorizing the sending of an expeditionary military force to quell said rebellion. George III made none of those decisions and just gave Royal Assent. In 1780, a vote of no confidence toppled North's government and the Marquis of Rockingham, the leader of the Whig Party and an MP much more sympathetic to the colonists and their plight (he had been in correspondence with Benjamin Franklin until the war broke out, in fact), become PM after a snap election and began moving to establish peace and end the war. For the remaining three years of the war, most of the military action was actually between Britain and the three Continental European powers who'd sided with the colonists - only a few battles thereafter were directly between the British and Americans. The Peace of Paris was signed in 1783 with Rockingham leading Britain into negotiations - and George III just gave Royal Assent. Some tyrant, eh?

10 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

And why does the US have anymore of a right to exist? It's just a bunch of colonists who rebelled because of a tax to pay for their protection from the french after all!

Because the colonists fought for their own independence. Israel was literally just given stolen land.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Because the colonists fought for their own independence. Israel was literally just given stolen land.

To play the Devil's Advocate, what about the land stolen, cheated, swindled, and taken through deception and false pretenses from the Native Americans by the American government and settlers?

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

To play the Devil's Advocate, what about the land stolen, cheated, swindled, and taken through deception and false pretenses from the Native Americans by the American government and settlers?

If you wanna go even farther back, they came from Asia.

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

If you wanna go even farther back, they came from Asia.

Yes, but before anyone in the whole world were using written language, riding horses, turning a wheel, growing crops, doing masonry with bricks, or smelting even copper, and when most of the world was covered in year-round snow and ice. Given that timeframe, I fail to see where you're going here.

4 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

I'm from Texas and acknowledge (and was taught in school) this is stolen land.

If this is stolen land, then we didn't steal it from the Native Americans. People lived here before the Natives did, as archaeological reports show. History is all about people fighting for land, and it's happening today. Look at Russia-Ukraine, Kurdistan, etc. 

But the fact that Israel was just given land (stolen land too) is disgusting, and has been awful for world conflicts. WW3 will start in (or because of) Israel, mark my words.

If this is stolen land, then we didn't steal it from the Native Americans. People lived here before the Natives did, as archaeological reports show. History is all about people fighting for land, and it's happening today. Look at Russia-Ukraine, Kurdistan, etc. 

But the fact that Israel was just given land (stolen land too) is disgusting, and has been awful for world conflicts. WW3 will start in (or because of) Israel, mark my words.

What people? What archaeologists? The Native Americans came here over 400 000 years ago. Who was here before? What ridiculous pseudo-scientist, myth-spewing, quacks of archaeologists/conspiracy theorists/nutcases are you quoting here?

@Reagan04 isn't there some bible verse that says the most destructive war of all time will happen in Jerusalem or something?

3 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@Reagan04 isn't there some bible verse that says the most destructive war of all time will happen in Jerusalem or something?

There were actually five or six different and contradictory apocalyptic and eschatonic treatises of prophesy made in the Apostolic Era, as well as almost 50 gospels, over 100 epistles, and AT LEAST two or three versions of the Acts of the Apostles. The Nicene Council, which gathered over 300 years after the Crucifixion on the orders of Constantine I, the first Christian Emperor, assembled the 27 of those to form the "official" New Testament, discarding writings, in large part, by compromising between sects in the Early Church, politicking, and even superstition. I sometimes fear the message given in the New Testament as he know (ESPECIALLY the Revelation of St. John the Divine) in incomplete and leads to flawed ministries and church messages and a misunderstanding of end times.

22 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Except ypur precious Israel just had that land given to them, whereas the US had to actually fight against a tyrannical monarchy. Maybe Israel would be in fighting shape if they weren't getting billions in federal aid to blow. As much as I love Democracy and all that, from a legal standpoint Israel has no right to exist.

I see your main issue is with Foreign aid and I see your viewpoint that it needs to be cut. I'm sure you'll be happy to know that a party that's been polling well in Israel, Zehut would refuse foreign aid.

3 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

So according to you we're at the end of times? (If I remember correctly that's the context of it.)

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

So according to you we're at the end of times? (If I remember correctly that's the context of it.)

3 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

There is only one quote in scripture I've seen that refers to the date and time of the Rapture and the Apocalypse. It's when Christ is about to ascend to Heaven after the Resurrection and that He says to His followers shortly before at the end of one of the Gospels. "No one man knoweth the Hour of My return. Even I knoweth not the hour of My return. Only the Father knoweth. I will return when I am least expected and most needed." Any mortal claiming, with any authority, a more accurate, detailed, or calculated knowledge of such a date is a false prophet (like Harold Camping was, for instance), and this is a grave and cardinal sin that has not been changed or mitigated, even in viewpoint, by Christ's Ministry or Apostolic Epistles from Judaic law.

59 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I see your main issue is with Foreign aid and I see your viewpoint that it needs to be cut. I'm sure you'll be happy to know that a party that's been polling well in Israel, Zehut would refuse foreign aid.

Not foreign aid, but with Israel. I am more disturbed by the fact that it is situated on stolen land.

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Not foreign aid, but with Israel. I am more disturbed by the fact that it is situated on stolen land.

This is not a debate, @ThePotatoWalrus, it is a ridiculous rigmarole, utter uneducated and willfully ignorant nonsense, and possibly also trolling due to boredom. I am done with this, and I suggest to @NYrepublican and anyone else with any sense who doesn't want to run around in circles of circular logic, double standards, and bullshit, not to engage @ThePotatoWalrus on this issue further and to think twice before responding to any of his further prompts for "debate." @admin_270, can you please lock this thread? I believe it has gotten to the point where it qualifies.

Lmao, I have not exhibited any form of trollish behavior, and have conducted myself in nothing but a good manner, not throwing any insults, or anything. I only end up saying the same things because you guys are asking the same questions "wHAt aBOut THe NaTIvES?!?"(and you wanna talk about off-topic stuff, lmao) (who weren't even the first here, and came from Asia anyways)

Israel is an illegal nation that is a hub for global conflict, and is a reason I am disgusted with both parties that support it. Israel only exists to keep the US in the Middle East at this point. And yes, the foreign aid is a problem, which is bad for both countries in the long run. (US gets pushed in more debt, and will likely give more aid; Israel learns to be reliant on foreign aid and could cripple easily if a percentage of aid was cut)

Lmao, I have not exhibited any form of trollish behavior, and have conducted myself in nothing but a good manner, not throwing any insults, or anything. I only end up saying the same things because you guys are asking the same questions "wHAt aBOut THe NaTIvES?!?"(and you wanna talk about off-topic stuff, lmao) (who weren't even the first here, and came from Asia anyways)

Israel is an illegal nation that is a hub for global conflict, and is a reason I am disgusted with both parties that support it. Israel only exists to keep the US in the Middle East at this point. And yes, the foreign aid is a problem, which is bad for both countries in the long run. (US gets pushed in more debt, and will likely give more aid; Israel learns to be reliant on foreign aid and could cripple easily if a percentage of aid was cut)

You refused to answer my question of who had been here before the Natives that they took the North American continent from coming directly from Asia. I am not at all aware of such a primordial, forgotten people. Also, by the logic of "stolen land," I don't think there would end up being a single legal nation extant in the world today.

54 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lmao, I have not exhibited any form of trollish behavior,

Coming from someone who's spammed pepe memes repeatedly.

hub for global conflict

WOW I didn't know Israel was the reason for the Mexican drug conflicts, the Iran protests etc. /s

Israel only exists to keep the US in the Middle East at this point. 

I see the US has no arab allies apparently.

And yes, the foreign aid is a problem, which is bad for both countries in the long run. (US gets pushed in more debt, and will likely give more aid; Israel learns to be reliant on foreign aid and could cripple easily if a percentage of aid was cut)

I've already addressed this and I happen to agree that Israel should minimize how much aid it accepts. I don't see why you felt a need to re-iterate this argument.

could cripple easily if a percentage of aid was cut

UM you are aware Israel's budget is not wholly dependent on foreign aid. They'd just make some necessary budget cuts and stop spending on nonsense. (specifically some liberal domestic policies and payments to the PA)

@ThePotatoWalrus By law, nearly all U.S. assistance must be spent on American-produced goods. It is essentially coupons encouraging countries to shop in America akin to grocery store coupons.

21 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@admin_270 This thread needs to be locked and the anti-Native American hater taught a lesson.