Jump to content
270soft Forum
NYrepublican

Trump jerusalem decision

Do you approve of the announcement?  

20 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you approve of the announcement?

    • Yes
      6
    • No
      14

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/24/2017 at 05:12 AM

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Ahem.Albany

Albany is more central than NYC for the state of NY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Albany is more central than NYC for the state of NY. 

But it means he can't just hop onto the Metro Transit to go watch a session of the State Legislature...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

Trump sucks at being a neo nazis.

uh what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

Trump sucks at being a neo nazis.

Well if one isn't even trying at something then of course one will suck at it. People will find any similarity between person x that they don't like and x group they don't like but although I'm no fan of Trump it's not he who's a neo nazi though the internet is crawling with supporters of his who are neo nazis. Odd for a bunch of people who hate autistics to hang around on the internet (as if we don't get a rough enough time offline) but then again nothing makes sense any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who noticed the Palestinians didn't have a day of rage when Russia basically made the same announcement 6 months ago stating that the new city of Jerusalem is Israeli and that the Old City's status will be determined by negotiation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

Who noticed the Palestinians didn't have a day of rage when Russia basically made the same announcement 6 months ago stating that the new city of Jerusalem is Israeli and that the Old City's status will be determined by negotiation.

Wait, fill me in new city Jerusalem is also known as west Jerusalem, and the old city is east Jerusalem or are those just two different things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Wait, fill me in new city Jerusalem is also known as west Jerusalem, and the old city is east Jerusalem or are those just two different things?

Correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Correct.

Oh. I think the difference was Putin did semi say East Jerusalem was Palestinian while also accepting Israeli ownership of the west.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WVProgressive said:

Oh. I think the difference was Putin did semi say East Jerusalem was Palestinian while also accepting Israeli ownership of the west

If I remember correctly he said that'll apply when they make their state. I assume he meant by negotation for the old city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also a bit of trivia I thought I'd post here, the proper name for the "West Bank" is Judea and Samaria as it has historically been referred to.

The name "West Bank" came from the Jordanians when they tried to annex the territory after the 1948 war. (Only two countries recognized Jordan had any right to be there, they were Britain and Pakistan)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎23 at 6:25 PM, NYrepublican said:

Also a bit of trivia I thought I'd post here, the proper name for the "West Bank" is Judea and Samaria as it has historically been referred to.

The name "West Bank" came from the Jordanians when they tried to annex the territory after the 1948 war. (Only two countries recognized Jordan had any right to be there, they were Britain and Pakistan)

Given how the King of Judah betrayed and sold the Kingdom of Israel (centred at Samara'a) up the river (Jordan) to seal a new alliance with the Neo-Assyrian Empire, a modern nation of Jews descended from the people of Judah and centred in Jerusalem has a dubious and shaky claim, at the VERY BEST, to any historical region called 'Samaria' by ancient claims or birthright. A region called 'Judea' historically may be different (it was just the Greco-Roman term for Judah), but Samaria is hard to build an inherent justification and claim for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Patine said:

Given how the King of Judah betrayed and sold the Kingdom of Israel (centred at Samara'a) up the river (Jordan) to seal a new alliance with the Neo-Assyrian Empire, a modern nation of Jews descended from the people of Judah and centred in Jerusalem has a dubious and shaky claim, at the VERY BEST, to any historical region called 'Samaria' by ancient claims or birthright. A region called 'Judea' historically may be different (it was just the Greco-Roman term for Judah), but Samaria is hard to build an inherent justification and claim for.

I think it is very clear Judea and Samaria are in Israel proper. This is a map of the Davidic kingdom at it's height that I found.

solomon-kingdom-map.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan was created to be a Palestinian state

Image result for league of nations close jewish settlement 1920

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

I think it is very clear Judea and Samaria are in Israel proper. This is a map of the Davidic kingdom at it's height that I found.

solomon-kingdom-map.gif

The event I was referring to was after the death of Solomon and the split of the country in two, into the Kingdom of Judah, with it's capital at Jerusalem where the ancestors of the modern Jewish population lived, in the south, and the later Kingdom of Israel, with one with it's capital at Samara, and which was betrayed and sold out by a much later King of Judah to seal an alliance with the Neo-Assyrian Empire, who then relocated the denizens of northern kingdom (the Ten Lost Tribes), whose descendants, if any still exist, are unknown and probably almost all no longer recognizable in religion, language, or culture as Jewish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Patine said:

The event I was referring to was after the death of Solomon and the split of the country in two, into the Kingdom of Judah, with it's capital at Jerusalem where the ancestors of the modern Jewish population lived, in the south, and the later Kingdom of Israel, with one with it's capital at Samara, and which was betrayed and sold out by a much later King of Judah to seal an alliance with the Neo-Assyrian Empire, who then relocated the denizens of northern kingdom (the Ten Lost Tribes), whose descendants, if any still exist, are unknown and probably almost all no longer recognizable in religion, language, or culture as Jewish.

Your idea is contradficted by the league of nations partition plan for palestine circa 1922

Image result for league of nations close jewish settlement 1920

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Your idea is contradficted by the league of nations partition plan for palestine circa 1922

Image result for league of nations close jewish settlement 1920

The League of Nations was, in the end, a more incompetent and ineffective institution than the UN has turned out to be. Ask Emperor Haile Selassie and President Chiang Kai-shek about that fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow just found this thread right now and wanted to throw my opinion out there.

Israel has no right to exist. We shouldn't fund Israel, Israel is too reliant. Israel is situated on stolen land, and the capital of Jerusalem belongs to the Palestinians, as it is in Palestinian territory. Israel as a whole, since its creation, has been bad for the rest of the world, as others have said, in creating global conflicts in the Middle East.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Somehow just found this thread right now and wanted to throw my opinion out there.

Israel has no right to exist. We shouldn't fund Israel, Israel is too reliant. Israel is situated on stolen land, and the capital of Jerusalem belongs to the Palestinians, as it is in Palestinian territory. Israel as a whole, since its creation, has been bad for the rest of the world, as others have said, in creating global conflicts in the Middle East.

Aye, ditto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Somehow just found this thread right now and wanted to throw my opinion out there.

Israel has no right to exist. We shouldn't fund Israel, Israel is too reliant. Israel is situated on stolen land, and the capital of Jerusalem belongs to the Palestinians, as it is in Palestinian territory. Israel as a whole, since its creation, has been bad for the rest of the world, as others have said, in creating global conflicts in the Middle East.

Actually, by that logic, the whole Israel/Palestine region belongs to Turkey and has taken away by the Balfour Declaration and the overly-punitive Peace of Paris after WW1. However, I, myself, don't take things that far. I believe both Israelis and Palestinians should each have a piece of the Holy Land as their own respective nations, and that both nations should be recognized. I also believe that Hamas and Hezbollah AND Likud and their natural coalition allies are ultimately just as bad as each other for prolonging and carrying on this strife beyond all reason. Abbas and Shamir were very admirable on their respective sides as far as I'm concerned, and as much as I dislike him, Bush worked harder for peace and compromise in the region between the two than Obama or Trump have done. But I must apologize for lacking a black-and-white, absolutist answer, because I know the modern zeitgeist hates anything but, or so it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Israel has no right to exist. We shouldn't fund Israel, Israel is too reliant. Israel is situated on stolen land, and the capital of Jerusalem belongs to the Palestinians, as it is in Palestinian territory. Israel as a whole, since its creation, has been bad for the rest of the world, as others have said, in creating global conflicts in the Middle East.

Give America back to Britain it too has no right to exist! /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Israel has no right to exist. We shouldn't fund Israel, Israel is too reliant. Israel is situated on stolen land, and the capital of Jerusalem belongs to the Palestinians, as it is in Palestinian territory. Israel as a whole, since its creation, has been bad for the rest of the world, as others have said, in creating global conflicts in the Middle East.


 

14-Obesity.jpg

What a starving people! /s (notice where the West Bank and Gaza are on the chart)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:


 

14-Obesity.jpg

What a starving people! /s (notice where the West Bank and Gaza are on the chart)

This list can't possibly be accurate. There's only one Oceanian nation on it, and it's 28 on the women's list. Oceania collectively has very high on the obesity scale (the fact that "big is beautiful" in traditional Polynesian and Melanesian esthetics of attractiveness doesn't help).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Patine said:

This list can't possibly be accurate. There's only one Oceanian nation on it, and it's 28 on the women's list. Oceania collectively has very high on the obesity scale (the fact that "big is beautiful" in traditional Polynesian and Melanesian esthetics of attractiveness doesn't help).

It's from the economist, it's a reliable source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Give America back to Britain it too has no right to exist! /s

Except ypur precious Israel just had that land given to them, whereas the US had to actually fight against a tyrannical monarchy. Maybe Israel would be in fighting shape if they weren't getting billions in federal aid to blow. As much as I love Democracy and all that, from a legal standpoint Israel has no right to exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×