270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Presidentinsertname

Last romanian king and one of three (now two living heads of state of ww2 dieds)

16 hours ago, Patine said:

Yes, I actually know this. Is Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha or the 14th Dali Lama next? :(

Yes the dali lama is debateable thought the former tsar is someone who i greatly respect considering he had a chance to be king again but choose to serve his people as prime minister 

6 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

Yes the dali lama is debateable thought the former tsar is someone who i greatly respect considering he had a chance to be king again but choose to serve his people as prime minister 

In what way is the Dalai Lama debateable? Whether he held power or was a good leader? Between 1912 and 1959 Tibet was a sovereign nation, both de jure and de facto, to answer the first. To answer the second, when he was actually in power, while being able to override and re-decide anything done in the country at the time, as he was considered an infallible theocrat, the 14th Dalai Lama, recognizing his lack of experience, wisdom, and worldliness, given he was a child and then early adolescent, deferred almost completely to the Kashag, a governing council, like a Cabinet, of sorts, made up of high-ranking lamas, secular ministers, and, I believe, ex-officio, the commander of the Tibetan Army, to basically run the country. Thus, most of the legacy of the actions and activism of the Dalai Lama are during his government-in-exile, to be honest.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

In what way is the Dalai Lama debateable? Whether he held power or was a good leader? Between 1912 and 1959 Tibet was a sovereign nation, both de jure and de facto, to answer the first. To answer the second, when he was actually in power, while being able to override and re-decide anything done in the country at the time, as he was considered an infallible theocrat, the 14th Dalai Lama, recognizing his lack of experience, wisdom, and worldliness, given he was a child and then early adolescent, deferred almost completely to the Kashag, a governing council, like a Cabinet, of sorts, made up of high-ranking lamas, secular ministers, and, I believe, ex-officio, the commander of the Tibetan Army, to basically run the country. Thus, most of the legacy of the actions and activism of the Dalai Lama are during his government-in-exile, to be honest.

debateable is on the statues of tibet during his time as king of it or what ever I consider it a country but it wasnt fully recognise by all country apart from mongola i believe.

12 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

debateable is on the statues of tibet during his time as king of it or what ever I consider it a country but it wasnt fully recognise by all country apart from mongola i believe.

The British Empire recognized it, more or less, and in the pre-WW2 era that was more than enough clout.