Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Historical Scenarios Money/Ads/Costs Poll

Money/Ads/Cost Poll for Historical Scenarios  

14 members have voted

  1. 1. Considering how wonky the power and costs of ads are in the historical scenarios, should I just make the costs/power/and money coefficience for all historical scenarios the same as 2016?

    • No -- Because that would be historically inaccurate
    • Yes -- Because while, historically inaccurate, at least it will be more playable


Recommended Posts

New poll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vcczar said:

New poll

That's a very difficult call. It seems to lead to wonky costs and effects for some scenarios, while others work well - the difference usually ending up being which are which. I wish Anthony would make this issue easier to deal with, but I bet he'd say (based on the non-answers or lack of responses he's given to most of my other suggestions specifically tailored for historical scenarios over modern ones) that, like non-English-speaking FPTP governance system elections, historical elections before the 1970's or 1980's are not "the marketing priority," and adding tools to make creating such scenarios easier, or even possible, are not at all at high priority with any ETA at all... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patine said:

That's a very difficult call. It seems to lead to wonky costs and effects for some scenarios, while others work well - the difference usually ending up being which are which. I wish Anthony would make this issue easier to deal with, but I bet he'd say (based on the non-answers or lack of responses he's given to most of my other suggestions specifically tailored for historical scenarios over modern ones) that, like non-English-speaking FPTP governance system elections, historical elections before the 1970's or 1980's are not "the marketing priority," and adding tools to make creating such scenarios easier, or even possible, are not at all at high priority with any ETA at all... :(

I think until he can make it something that is easier to gauge, and as something that can be edited in the editor, I think it's just safer to make it all the same across the board. The power and cost of ads is the biggest complaint I get on the HSC scenarios, and I don't know how to fix them, honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll work on some research soon on how to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I'll work on some research soon on how to fix it.

Thanks. If you can figure out a fool-proof system by January 1, then that would be great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vcczar said:

Thanks. If you can figure out a fool-proof system by January 1, then that would be great. 

Just know I have quite a bit to deal with in the next month including Patine's maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Money in historical situations is a joke... I mean, check this out. Roosevelt 1900

unknown.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kingthero said:

Money in historical situations is a joke... I mean, check this out. Roosevelt 1900

unknown.png

 

Money defaults need to be fixed @vcczar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Money defaults need to be fixed @vcczar

@NYrepublican and @Kingthero

This is why I put this poll up here. I am going to make all the historical scenarios follow the 2016 money/ad power/costs because I have no clue how to fix this, so unless anyone else figures out a fool-proof method by January 1, 2018 (when I do the "final" updates), I'm going to put them all in 2016 dollars/costs/power, so this doesn't happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin_270 Please look into this while you're updating PI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Despite the poll results, I'm going to have to make the money/ad power/costs the same across the board, unless someone can devise a fool proof system for the historical scenarios. As it stands, it is either too easy or too hard to win with ads on the historical scenarios. On many, all you have to do is spam ads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vcczar said:

Update: Despite the poll results, I'm going to have to make the money/ad power/costs the same across the board, unless someone can devise a fool proof system for the historical scenarios. As it stands, it is either too easy or too hard to win with ads on the historical scenarios. On many, all you have to do is spam ads. 

@admin_270 any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are ad costs figured the same way they were in P4E 2008?  Running ads in that game cost (Money Coefficient * Ad Cost Coefficient * Eligible Voters) / 2000 in each state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×