270soft Forum
LokiLoki22

Weird and Wonderful What-Ifs

I'm not saying that any of these candidates should run in 2020. I'm just saying that they can. In Theory. Feel free to add your own

Dem:

Jimmy Carter

Walter Mondale (Maybe Trump is easier than Reagan)

Joe Kennedy III

Al Gore

Ron Reagan (son of Ronald, he is a democrat, somehow)

Rep:

George H.W. Bush (because sex scandals don't matter anymore)

Michael Reagan (some Reagan on Reagan battles, anyone. Also really conservative, makes @Reagan04 seem liberal)

Dan Quayle (I, too, like potatoes)

Ross Perot (Republican since 2000)

Do you have any strange, yet wonderful candidates you want to see in any 2020 scenario, just to F@$* with people, or maybe to take from zero to hero?

1 hour ago, LokiLoki22 said:

You mean like how his father was until the 1950s? :) It's not unusual at all anyway for children to have differing political views from their parents. 

As for the topic, there are loads of interesting failed primary candidates from the 80s and 90s who are fairly interesting and would be so in today's environment. Jesse Jackson, Gary Hart, Pat Buchanan, Pete Wilson etc. 

@LokiLoki22 Come on now, it's not a sex scandal and those who are saying it is disgust me. Also, I'll have to look into Mike, not many folks more conservative than me.

57 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I'll have to look into Mike, not many folks more conservative than me.

He wanted to execute a 9\11 truth-er and spoke favorable on Racial Profiling.

John Boehner

2 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

He wanted to execute a 9\11 truth-er and spoke favorable on Racial Profiling.

Aftee investigation into him, I agree with him on both of those points.

5 hours ago, Wiw said:

Kanye West. Dwayne Johnson. Bex Taylor-Klaus. All on the Democrats' side, of course.

Taylor-Klaus is not old enough to be president

51 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Even executing a man for expressing his constitutionally protected first amendment right to criticize the government.    

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

Well, I see you've upped the Orwellian aspect of your beliefs another notch. I was hoping you were toning down on that. A paranoid police state is VERY un-Christian.

6 hours ago, Wiw said:

Kanye West. Dwayne Johnson. Bex Taylor-Klaus. All on the Democrats' side, of course.

I don't know if they'd all be Democrats to be honest. West and Johnson both also hold some beliefs very much also in line with may Republican rhetoric lines. Just because they're African-American celebrities doesn't mean they'd automatically be Democrats.

2 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Even executing a man for expressing his constitutionally protected first amendment right to criticize the government.    

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Well, I see you've upped the Orwellian aspect of your beliefs another notch. I was hoping you were toning down on that. A paranoid police state is VERY un-Christian.

You could both do with some research into the topic. Mark Dice should be tried for treason should he have executed his plan to.mail propaganda to active servicemen. And if found guilty for destabilizing the military then yes the Death Penalty should be given to traitors, only if convicted. It isn't Orwellian at all. It isn't just speaking your mind, you haven't done the research on his remarks, he wanted to mail anti American propaganda to servicemen on tour to demoralize the troops.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

You could both do with some research into the topic. Mark Dice should be tried for treason should he have executed his plan to.mail propaganda to active servicemen. And if found guilty for destabilizing the military then yes the Death Penalty should be given to traitors, only if convicted. It isn't Orwellian at all. It isn't just speaking your mind, you haven't done the research on his remarks, he wanted to mail anti American propaganda to servicemen on tour to demoralize the troops.

"Treason" has always been, in my mind, a very iffy, and politically volatile and motivated charge to lay against someone, try them for, and especially execute them (or in some countries, lock them away for very long periods). The crime, by it's nature, regardless of what nation or regime is applying, has always been subject, and even likely, to abuse. It ends up itself being an Orwellian tool on ANY nation's criminal code.

10 hours ago, Wiw said:

Kanye, I think is a centrist(whom has defended Trump originally). The Rock is a Republican, but a liberal Republican. And Bex, is far too young to be elected. 

On 11/23/2017 at 5:56 AM, LokiLoki22 said:

I'm not saying that any of these candidates should run in 2020. I'm just saying that they can. In Theory. Feel free to add your own

Dem:

Jimmy Carter

Walter Mondale (Maybe Trump is easier than Reagan)

Joe Kennedy III

Al Gore

Rep:

George H.W. Bush (because sex scandals don't matter anymore)

Michael Reagan (some Reagan on Reagan battles, anyone. Also really conservative, makes @Reagan04 seem liberal)

Dan Quayle (I, too, like potatoes)

Ross Perot (Republican since 2000)

Do you have any strange, yet wonderful candidates you want to see in any 2020 scenario, just to F@$* with people, or maybe to take from zero to hero?

didnt reagan end up hating his childerns or something?

16 hours ago, Patine said:

"Treason" has always been, in my mind, a very iffy, and politically volatile and motivated charge to lay against someone, try them for, and especially execute them (or in some countries, lock them away for very long periods). The crime, by it's nature, regardless of what nation or regime is applying, has always been subject, and even likely, to abuse. It ends up itself being an Orwellian tool on ANY nation's criminal code.

So it's totally OK for MKs in Israel (Arab ones generally, the Haredi ones who don't recognize the state at least have the courtesy to not run) to call for the destruction of the state and praise Hamas,Hezbollah etc?

4 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

So it's totally OK for MKs in Israel (Arab ones generally, the Haredi ones who don't recognize the state at least have the courtesy to not run) to call for the destruction of the state and praise Hamas,Hezbollah etc?

Conspiracy with and aiding and abetting of arsonists, murderers, insurgents, etc.? There are better ways to term these things than such open-ended, ill-defined, easily-abused, purely-politically-driven, Orwellian "crimes" as "treason" and "terrorism." And, at the end of the day, if no crime can actually be found in the common, non-politically-defined, paranoid, fear-drive-zeitgeist-inspired, vaguely-defined tenets of a civilized, constitutional, electorally-governed, human-rights-respecting nation's criminal code, I believe, at least, such people have to be accepted as such people who live in every country who have odious, unpopular, unpatriotic opinions. We in Canada are not arresting and making big trials for treason of members the BQ or PQ, or the Western Bloc Movement (or preceding Western Province or exclusively Alberta or B.C. separatist parties), or various Aboriginal political groups (who have downright said the very political existence of Canada is illegal), or the Newfoundland and Labrador First Party, who collectively would like to dismember the country but good.

Just now, Patine said:

Conspiracy with and aiding and abetting of arsonists, murderers, insurgents, etc.? There are better ways to term these things than such open-ended, ill-defined, easily-abused, purely-politically-driven, Orwellian "crimes" as "treason" and "terrorism." And, at the end of the day, if no crime can actually be found in the common, non-politically-defined, paranoid, fear-drive-zeitgeist-inspired, vaguely-defined tenets of a civilized, constitutional, electorally-governed, human-rights-respecting nation's criminal code, I believe, at least, such people have to be accepted as such people who live in every country who have odious, unpopular, unpatriotic opinions. We in Canada are not arresting and making big trials for treason of members the BQ or PQ, or the Western Bloc Movement (or preceding Western Province or exclusively Alberta or B.C. separatist parties), or various Aboriginal political groups (who have downright said the very political existence of Canada is illegal), or the Newfoundland and Labrador First Party, who collectively would like to dismember the country but good.

Well let's see the Balad MK's went to Hezbollah during the second Lebanon war to give them intelligence and to praise their "fight for freedom" if that's not treason I don't know what is.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Well let's see the Balad MK's went to Hezbollah during the second Lebanon war to give them intelligence and to praise their "fight for freedom" if that's not treason I don't know what is.

Also, Israel was hardly in a defensive (or defensible) position in that war. They invaded a sovereign nation and destroyed a lot of their infrastructure and killed a lot of civilians over one dead soldier. That was a gross and unjustifiable overreaction in my opinion, considering Hezbollah was only partially, not fully, in control of the country.

Just now, Patine said:

Also, Israel was hardly in a defensive (or defensible) position in that war. They invaded a sovereign nation and destroyed a lot of their infrastructure and killed a lot of civilians over one dead soldier. That was a gross and unjustifiable overreaction in my opinion, considering Hezbollah was only partially, not fully, in control of the country.

Hezbollah was firing rockets into northern Israel beforehand with Iran's aid. Hezbollah could take control of Lebanon anytime they want as they're stronger than the Lebanese Goverment.

26 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Hezbollah was firing rockets into northern Israel beforehand with Iran's aid. Hezbollah could take control of Lebanon anytime they want as they're stronger than the Lebanese Goverment.

Still, the scale of the invasion, and the massive destruction of non-military infrastructure and mass deaths of civilians is an inexcusable tactic, regardless, and I've always believed that war was an atrocity, and the Israeli politicians and military leaders behind it would, in my ideal (which will never happen, of course) be tried for war crimes along with their Hezbollah quarry.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Still, the scale of the invasion, and the massive destruction of non-military infrastructure and mass deaths of civilians is an inexcusable tactic, regardless, and I've always believed that war was an atrocity, and the Israeli politicians and military leaders behind it would, in my ideal (which will never happen, of course) be tried for war crimes along with their Hezbollah quarry.

So because they use human targets Israel should let them stockpile weapons and use them? Much of this would be solved if Israel stopped giving advance notice of it's bombing operations which have allowed Hezbollah and Hamas to use human shields

Just now, NYrepublican said:

So because they use human targets Israel should let them stockpile weapons and use them? Much of this would be solved if Israel stopped giving advance notice of it's bombing operations which have allowed Hezbollah and Hamas to use human shields

Didn't the U.S. give Israel smart bombs for precision bombing along with the other vast military aid given? Or are large, Vietnam War-era bombing raids with a lot of collateral damage just done to make a point? As not knowing any tacticians or strategist in the IDF (or any former ones), I'm really not sure the answer here - the question's not necessarily caustic and sardonic.

Just now, Patine said:

Didn't the U.S. give Israel smart bombs for precision bombing along with the other vast military aid given? Or are large, Vietnam War-era bombing raids with a lot of collateral damage just done to make a point? As not knowing any tacticians or strategist in the IDF (or any former ones), I'm really not sure the answer here - the question's not necessarily caustic and sardonic.

Even with precision targeting if the enemy is intentionally putting people in harm's way you can't let them stockpile weapons to use against you, if they have no feelings for their own people to put them in harm's way they definitely won't have any mercy on you when they have the opportunity use those weapons.

4 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Even with precision targeting if the enemy is intentionally putting people in harm's way you can't let them stockpile weapons to use against you, if they have no feelings for their own people to put them in harm's way they definitely won't have any mercy on you when they have the opportunity use those weapons.

That is a very difficult, I admit. But, as things turned out, however, and as decisions were made and events unfolded, I'm afraid it comes down to, in my strong opinion, that war criminals in both Israel AND Hezbollah and Hamas exist to this day. And whether or not they'll ever face mortal (the VAST majority of war criminals frankly don't) is not the point in my opinion. I will praise the peacemakers and those with constructive solutions, and curse the warmakers and those with destructive solutions. Rabin was a far greater Israeli PM in my opinion than Netanyahu.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

That is a very difficult, I admit. But, as things turned out, however, and as decisions were made and events unfolded, I'm afraid it comes down to, in my strong opinion, that war criminals in both Israel AND Hezbollah and Hamas exist to this day. And whether or not they'll ever face mortal (the VAST majority of war criminals frankly don't) is not the point in my opinion. I will praise the peacemakers and those with constructive solutions, and curse the warmakers and those with destructive solutions. Rabin was a far greater Israeli PM in my opinion than Netanyahu.

Just curious what would you think of the Kach Party?