270soft Forum
LokiLoki22

Weird and Wonderful What-Ifs

On 11/23/2017 at 5:56 AM, LokiLoki22 said:

I'm not saying that any of these candidates should run in 2020. I'm just saying that they can. In Theory. Feel free to add your own

Dem:

Jimmy Carter

Walter Mondale (Maybe Trump is easier than Reagan)

Joe Kennedy III

Al Gore

Ron Reagan (son of Ronald, he is a democrat, somehow)

Rep:

George H.W. Bush (because sex scandals don't matter anymore)

Michael Reagan (some Reagan on Reagan battles, anyone. Also really conservative, makes @Reagan04 seem liberal)

Dan Quayle (I, too, like potatoes)

Ross Perot (Republican since 2000)

Do you have any strange, yet wonderful candidates you want to see in any 2020 scenario, just to F@$* with people, or maybe to take from zero to hero?

An interesting what if would be Micheal Render better known as Killer Mike

7 hours ago, pilight said:

No.  Unlike today's Republicans, Reagan could and did disagree with people politically without hating them.

A lot of people political power did in his day. Jimmy Carter did too. The viciousness, animosity, intrinsic refusal to compromise or concede a point, and the nasty stereotypes, misinformation, and outright lies spread about "the other side," (as well as terms like "libtard" and "cuckservative" being commonly thrown around, and wildly inappropriate usage of terms like "Communist," "Fascist," and "Tyranny,") in the modern political divide of the U.S. will be quoted in detail as a major contributor by a future historian who writes a historical treatise in the line of "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire," but detailing the United States instead.

On 11/24/2017 at 4:48 PM, Patine said:

which is one of MANY of the policies and activities by First World Nations in the Third World that are the true source and seeds and resentment and hatred toward the First World and even of terrorism and the ideologies behind it in their modern incarnations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1929_Palestine_riots

13 hours ago, Patine said:

What point or rebuttal are you making here? I made a sweeping, broad, across-the-board statement of historical trend, and you link one historical instance without attached comment - again. I'm a bit confused by your debating tactics...

There were no settlements then to anger them and yet they still rioted and killed jews.

Also, you can't blame Israel for being cautious when this stuff is constantly trending on Palestinian social media

This one came after a jewish driver killed a Palestinian girl in an alledged hit and run and then turned himself in at the nearest settlement for questioning. The lyrics of this are

run 'em over,run 'em over

they ran over the 2 month old baby

pay 'em back

For Al Aqsa we run over settlers

run over,run over the settlers

turn the road into a trap

run 'em over! Allah will help you

The whole arab nation will tell you "[Allah] Bless you"

After you Ibrahim

Run over the settlers

Run over the settlers

You also have this one, part of its lyrics are "at every alley there is an enemy (i.e a jihadist terrorist) [lying in wait to attack you], you will be killed I guarantee. An axe,knife,gun or rifle will kill you - Yes, kill not take prisoner".

You also have this, this and this

Edited by NYrepublican
a translation mistake in the second song

@Patine I just corrected a translation mistake in the second song please re-load the page.

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

There were no settlements then to anger them and yet they still rioted and killed jews.

Also, you can't blame Israel for being cautious when this stuff is constantly trending on Palestinian social media

This one came after a jewish driver killed a Palestinian girl in an alledged hit and run and then turned himself in at the nearest settlement for questioning. The lyrics of this are

run 'em over,run 'em over

run over,run over the 2 month old baby

pay 'em back

For Al Aqsa we run over settlers

turn the road into a trap

run 'em over! Allah will help you

The whole arab nation will tell you "[Allah] Bless you"

After you Ibrahim

Run over the settlers

Run over the settlers

You also have this one, part of its lyrics are "at every alley there is an enemy (i.e a jihadist terrorist) [lying in wait to attack you], you will be killed I guarantee. An axe,knife,gun or rifle will kill you - Yes, kill not take prisoner".

I believe I was blaming Western (and Soviet too, for that matter) Imperialism, rapaciousness, and exploitation, and meddling in Third World affairs and their cavalier attitude to the Third World for the rise of modern terrorism and resentment from the Third World to the West. I have no idea whatsoever how you read into my statements that I'm blaming Israel outright and singly for the whole vast phenomenon.

57 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine

I don't understand your tactic of debate. I'm trying to make a broad, expansive, global, historical point, and you insist on hammering down every single response to "Levant parochialism" and ignoring the breadth of the point I'm making, or even addressing it beyond the myopic arena of the Israel-Palestine conflict, as though that were the be-all-and-end-all of the issue at hand, which I'm trying over-and-over to point out how it isn't and elevate the debate beyond this tiny focus.

21 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

An interesting what if would be Micheal Render better known as Killer Mike

He has said that he would consider running for office after he's done rapping. I believe he recently tweeted that he plans on running for Atlanta school board at some point.

5 minutes ago, jnewt said:

He has said that he would consider running for office after he's done rapping. I believe he recently tweeted that he plans on running for Atlanta school board at some point.

39 minutes ago, jnewt said:

34 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Really never knew that thanks for telling me.

On 12/1/2017 at 12:42 PM, Patine said:

I don't understand your tactic of debate. I'm trying to make a broad, expansive, global, historical point, and you insist on hammering down every single response to "Levant parochialism" and ignoring the breadth of the point I'm making, or even addressing it beyond the myopic arena of the Israel-Palestine conflict, as though that were the be-all-and-end-all of the issue at hand, which I'm trying over-and-over to point out how it isn't and elevate the debate beyond this tiny focus.

@Patine @NYrepublican It is really hard to keep you away from each other's throats, ain't in :-Þ.