270soft Forum
LokiLoki22

Weird and Wonderful What-Ifs

You know the '80's far-right one led by Kahane.

I disagree with him (Kahane) quite a bit though I do like Feiglin for his conservative and Hawkish views(though I don't agree with him on everything.)

49 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Just curious what would you think of the Kach Party?

I haven't heard of. I'd have to look it up.

49 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

You know the '80's far-right one led by Kahane.

46 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I disagree with him (Kahane) quite a bit though I do like Feiglin for his conservative and Hawkish views(though I don't agree with him on everything.)

Any political party with hawkish policies amongst the forefront of their platform, regardless of the nation or situation, is not one that'll be on top of my personal list of greatest political parties by any measure. Although I won't go so far as to provocatively make the comparison of Jewish West Bank settlements to the Nazi lebensraum policy, like some do, I will say it is an aggressive, exploitative, and predatory program which is one of MANY of the policies and activities by First World Nations in the Third World that are the true source and seeds and resentment and hatred toward the First World and even of terrorism and the ideologies behind it in their modern incarnations, NOT the myths and lies First World propaganda say are the reasons (a truth Ron Paul stood out in the GOP Primaries for alone admitting or even bringing up). Bombing Third Nations into infrastructure dysfunctionality, killing countless civilians, an often governments, sometimes even legitimately elected ones, for minor slights or trumped-up casus belli by First World Nations is another of those sources, as is using economic and political pressure to allow mega-corporations to freely and horribly exploit these nations' resources and labourers ruthlessly. It's no wonder we're so hated!

On 11/23/2017 at 11:23 AM, Conservative Elector 2 said:

John Boehner

I actually like him, despite being liberal. He had a good head on his shoulders, and did my district a serious service. He is about the best and most sane that my (somewhat crazy, always down-ballot republican) district could've elected. He shops at the Meijer I work at and treats all of the workers here well. I may disagree with many of his views, but he has class for days, and I'll never deny that.

Just now, Patine said:

Alright, I'll stop.

Thank you, as entertaining as that was, that is a much more supreme court level discussion about the legalities and extent of constitutional rights than it was a stupid discussion about has-been politicians,,lunatics, and other people that would be fun to see run right up until they win and America has to deal with them.

9 hours ago, LokiLoki22 said:

I actually like him, despite being liberal. He had a good head on his shoulders, and did my district a serious service. He is about the best and most sane that my (somewhat crazy, always down-ballot republican) district could've elected. He shops at the Meijer I work at and treats all of the workers here well. I may disagree with many of his views, but he has class for days, and I'll never deny that.

Yeah I like him too!

23 hours ago, LokiLoki22 said:

Thank you, as entertaining as that was, that is a much more supreme court level discussion about the legalities and extent of constitutional rights than it was a stupid discussion about has-been politicians,,lunatics, and other people that would be fun to see run right up until they win and America has to deal with them.

Well Kahane was the primary cause of freedom for Soviet Jews, he also had a very amusing run as head of the JDL (like teaming up with an Italian-American gang boss)

8 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Well Kahane was the primary cause of freedom for Soviet Jews, he also had a very amusing run as head of the JDL (like teaming up with an Italian-American gang boss)

Actually, in Lenin's day, and even through much of Stalin's (contrary to popular belief), Soviet Jews were among the very powerful and influential members of the Bolsheviks, and then the CPSU. It wasn't just a few rare exceptions like Trotsky and Borotby. The Jewish Labour Bund, an Imperial Russia-era political party of left-wing, working-class, non-Zionist Russian Jews that had members from constituencies in the Pale in the four Imperial-era State Dumas, largely melded with the Bolsheviks shortly before the February Revolution.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Actually, in Lenin's day, and even through much of Stalin's (contrary to popular belief), Soviet Jews were among the very powerful and influential members of the Bolsheviks, and then the CPSU. It wasn't just a few rare exceptions like Trotsky and Borotby. The Jewish Labour Bund, an Imperial Russia-era political party of left-wing, working-class, non-Zionist Russian Jews that had members from constituencies in the Pale in the four Imperial-era State Dumas, largely melded with the Bolsheviks shortly before the February Revolution.

Also Kahane predicted that Islamic terrorists would strike at the west one day and lo and behold he was right.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Also Kahane predicted that Islamic terrorists would strike at the west one day and lo and behold he was right.

So did the U.S. National Security advisor who advised AGAINST the coup on the Shah of Iran over the BP contract, and was IGNORED (and was quoted by Ron Paul in 2008). I imagine though, these two men see different reasons and different people at fault at the source and the start for why this terrorism rose up.

11 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Although, also, cowardly bombing and other attacks, specifically against unarmed civilians and off-guard and unready soldiers, and the glorification of "militant martyrdom," are very recent aspects in Islamic history showing the signs of the political decline of Islamic-governed nations and a strong sense of desperation, as well as the same rabid apocalyptic view and abandonment of reason because of it infesting a growing number of Christian circles of thought of significance. These things were virtually unheard of as mainstay or common facets of Islamic civilization throughout the vast majority of their history, from Mohammed's lifetime until the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

Although, also, cowardly bombing and other attacks, specifically against unarmed civilians and off-guard and unready soldiers, and the glorification of "militant martyrdom," are very recent aspects in Islamic history showing the signs of the political decline of Islamic-governed nations and a strong sense of desperation, as well as the same rabid apocalyptic view and abandonment of reason because of it infesting a growing number of Christian circles of thought of significance. These things were virtually unheard of as mainstay or common facets of Islamic civilization throughout the vast majority of their history, from Mohammed's lifetime until the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

I really don't care about the past,security policy must be based on the current situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

I see no "List of Christian (or Jewish for that matter) terrorist attacks"

Just now, NYrepublican said:

I really don't care about the past,security policy must be based on the current situation.

That's because the label of the article SPECIFICALLY says Islamist. It doesn't include the IRA, LRA, UNITA, RENAMO, Contra, KIA, KKK, and Freemen on the Land and affiliated groups (one of which included Timothy McVeigh), all of which claim a strong "Christian ethic, mission, or idealist core" to their actions, and a number of politically-motivated Jewish assassins abroad in the 1970's to 1990's, including killing people in no way connected to the political grievance they're pursuing (like a Norweigan journalists killed as part of the political murders after the 1968 Munich Olympics Events who had no traceable tie to it).

On 11/25/2017 at 8:22 PM, NYrepublican said:

I hate to say it, but this article is on the topic of only Islamist terror. I don't know if there is a list of all known terror attacks. Unfortunately, for the purposes of your point it isn't really a valid source. That is not to say you have no point, but this is not a valid source to validate what claims you have.

If anyone has my previous scenario that I made for 2016 (switched computers, don't have it anymore), I had a bunch of what-if candidates. Steve Harvey, Dwayne Johnson, Monica Lewinsky, Phil Robertson (the duck dynasty dude), Ted Nugent, Oprah Winfrey, Larry the Cable Guy, Michael Moore, Ice Cube, and a bunch of other people I can't remember at the moment. If you can find my scenario I give anyone full permission to take my candidates and add them into yours. Hell, you could even take my entire scenario and edit it and re-release it if you wanted to. I think @Reagan04 might have it, but I'm not sure.

3 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

If anyone has my previous scenario that I made for 2016 (switched computers, don't have it anymore), I had a bunch of what-if candidates. Steve Harvey, Dwayne Johnson, Monica Lewinsky, Phil Robertson (the duck dynasty dude), Ted Nugent, Oprah Winfrey, Larry the Cable Guy, Michael Moore, Ice Cube, and a bunch of other people I can't remember at the moment. If you can find my scenario I give anyone full permission to take my candidates and add them into yours. Hell, you could even take my entire scenario and edit it and re-release it if you wanted to. I think @Reagan04 might have it, but I'm not sure.

Isn't it still on the campaign page?

(I apologize if this isn't it  or if you need a specific file)

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2016/11/01/election-2016-time-of-outsiders/

10 hours ago, LokiLoki22 said:

I hate to say it, but this article is on the topic of only Islamist terror. I don't know if there is a list of all known terror attacks. Unfortunately, for the purposes of your point it isn't really a valid source. That is not to say you have no point, but this is not a valid source to validate what claims you have.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎25 at 6:22 PM, NYrepublican said:

In terms of an exhaustive list of terrorist attacks, regardless of ideology or motivation, it'd be a question of definition and how far back to go - the Neo-Anarchists, who successfully assassinated five sitting or reigning heads-of-state, two spouses of heads-of-state (only one of which was the wife of one of the assassinated heads-of-state), and numerous bombings and riot instigations, back in the late 19th and early 20th centuries was definitely the first large-scale, multi-national, coordinated "campaign of terror" (though in no way, shape, or form Islamist, or tied to any religious ideology), but going back further, does one go to the Fennian movement against the British, various nasty indigenous attack campaign against European colonists various colonial holding (like the infamous Bugi tribe, who snuck into colonists' compounds at night and carved up their children - the origin of the Boogeyman legend), or the Luddite and proto-labour union movement "saboteurs" of the early Industrial Revolution, or even as far back as the November 5, 1604 Gunpowder Plot of great fame. Where does the "comprehensive list of all terrorist attacks" begin?

5 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

That's probably it. Didn't open the link but I'm 95% sure that's it. Polling glitch in it though, so the primaries don't really work. Never finished it anyways, but any character in the GE should be good. Though, I was less unbiased then, so expect Rubio to be overpowered and Michael Moore to have a lot of 2's

5 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Yep. That's it. Thanks for finding it. Once I get a computer again I might start making more scenarios now that I have more time.

17 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Yep. That's it. Thanks for finding it. Once I get a computer again I might start making more scenarios now that I have more time.

You're welcome always happy to help a friend! 

On 11/24/2017 at 8:53 AM, Presidentinsertname said:

didnt reagan end up hating his childerns or something?

No.  Unlike today's Republicans, Reagan could and did disagree with people politically without hating them.

A fun what-if would be...

After Nixon's resignation, congress calls for a special election to be held in November of 1974 to select a new president.  It could be continued with elections every four years after (1978, 1982, 1986, etc.)

Would Ford run?  Would Carter, who was still governor of Georgia at the time?  Or Reagan, who was also still governor?