270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Custom Party Logos

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75 ( @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

I don't suppose there's anyone currently kicking on these forums who would be capable of making halfway-decent custom party logos for fictional political parties? @Treasurer used to be great for that in the day, but I don't think he's logged in for years. If anyone is interested and has some ability in the area, please let me know.

33 minutes ago, Patine said:

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75 ( @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

I don't suppose there's anyone currently kicking on these forums who would be capable of making halfway-decent custom party logos for fictional political parties? @Treasurer used to be great for that in the day, but I don't think he's logged in for years. If anyone is interested and has some ability in the area, please let me know.

I might be able to but it'd take awhile and I have some assignments to do tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I might be able to but it'd take awhile and I have some assignments to do tomorrow.

That'd be great. And I'm not in a rush at all.

There's a good chance I could make some up, especially if you already have a basic idea in mind.

17 hours ago, Lyly said:

There's a good chance I could make some up, especially if you already have a basic idea in mind.

I do indeed have definite ideas in mind - it's a matter of phrasing them right. Is your PM set to receive messages? If so, I'll send you a message on my initial ideas shortly. Thanks for the response.

@PatineI need to update the logos during the "final" updates

@Lyly Good username. John Lyly is one of my favorite playwrights. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

@PatineI need to update the logos during the "final" updates

@Lyly Good username. John Lyly is one of my favorite playwrights. 

Are you going to use the new, updated ones for the two major U.S. Parties I'd posted recently on a thread for recent election scenarios? Plus, the Libertarian, Green, and Constitution have all updated their national party logos since the ones put out in the official TheorySpark scenarios. I have those as well (as well as the U.S. Taxpayer's Party (Constitution Party) logo in 1996 and it's logo under the Constitution label before their current logo).

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

Are you going to use the new, updated ones for the two major U.S. Parties I'd posted recently on a thread for recent election scenarios? Plus, the Libertarian, Green, and Constitution have all updated their national party logos since the ones put out in the official TheorySpark scenarios. I have those as well (as well as the U.S. Taxpayer's Party (Constitution Party) logo in 1996 and it's logo under the Constitution label before their current logo).

I plan on updating the logos for every election in which there is a new logo. I'm surprised to realize that I'm not sure when the logos began. I believe Thomas Nast started it during Reconstruction or the Gilded Age. 

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I plan on updating the logos for every election in which there is a new logo. I'm surprised to realize that I'm not sure when the logos began. I believe Thomas Nast started it during Reconstruction or the Gilded Age. 

He did, but they weren't official logos, or used by the parties themselves back them. In fact, the Donkey and Elephant were the butt of many more political jokes than party campaign images in the late 1800's from my understanding. I think Theodore Roosevelt in 1904 was the first Republican candidate to use the Elephant himself as a symbol (and eight years ago, the Bull Moose, when he created the Progressive Party). In most mid-to-late 19th Century Presidential elections, it seems the most visible symbol of any party, major or minor, in that election, were those ubiquitous posters with the two running mates' portraits horizontally, or sometimes vertically, adjacent, with bunting, dressing, and frills around them.

Actually @Patine, if you have the time, if you could create party logos for the historical elections, that would be great. If actual official or unofficial logos don't exist, you could find political cartoon depictions, or find the name of the party in an elaborate font from an old newspaper or something, that could stand in for the logo for older elections. I think the Federalist and Dem-Rep logos are fine for those elections. If you could start from 1828 (if interested), that would be great. As I plan on releasing one historical scenario per week, starting Jan 1, that should give you plenty of time. 

Just now, vcczar said:

Actually @Patine, if you have the time, if you could create party logos for the historical elections, that would be great. If actual official or unofficial logos don't exist, you could find political cartoon depictions, or find the name of the party in an elaborate font from an old newspaper or something, that could stand in for the logo for older elections. I think the Federalist and Dem-Rep logos are fine for those elections. If you could start from 1828 (if interested), that would be great. As I plan on releasing one historical scenario per week, starting Jan 1, that should give you plenty of time. 

Funny thing is, I have a very large number of such logos collecting digital dust. I once had a dream of a full sweep of historical U.S. Presidential elections (though that was back in the P4E2008 days), and I happen to have most of my graphics assembled from that time. If you give me a few days, I'll dig up all of what I have up and send them to you.

29 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Just as a note, it seems that differing sources say the National Republicans (proto-Whigs) of 1828 and 1832 used either the black-and-white brocade of the Federalists or the red-white-and-blue one of the Jeffersonians, or maybe both, but that the Jacksonian Democrats didn't use a brocade. So which to use for the National Republicans in those two elections would be completely discretionary, I guess.

@Patine

Re: Logos. Thanks. 

Re: Brocade    National Republicans would have likely used the Dem-Rep brocade, even though they were more similar to Federalists in many ways. The Federalist Brocade may have been used in New England, however. 

8 hours ago, vcczar said:

@Patine

Re: Logos. Thanks. 

Re: Brocade    National Republicans would have likely used the Dem-Rep brocade, even though they were more similar to Federalists in many ways. The Federalist Brocade may have been used in New England, however. 

I have provided a split-graphic Democratic-Republican/Federalist logo as an optional compromise alternative (it's your choice - but a split graphic looks quite good in that particular, even though not all split party graphics I've done (especially for ones I've used in Continental European elections) look as good or are as well suited). All party logos up to 1868 (except one very minor party in 1856, as well as a hypothetical Whig run instead of endorsing the American/Know-Nothings in 1856) have pretty much been gathered last night.

42 minutes ago, Patine said:

I have provided a split-graphic Democratic-Republican/Federalist logo as an optional compromise alternative (it's your choice - but a split graphic looks quite good in that particular, even though not all split party graphics I've done (especially for ones I've used in Continental European elections) look as good or are as well suited). All party logos up to 1868 (except one very minor party in 1856, as well as a hypothetical Whig run instead of endorsing the American/Know-Nothings in 1856) have pretty much been gathered last night.

Excellent! Can't wait to see it

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Excellent! Can't wait to see it

I just fired off the 18th and 19th Century election logos. The 20th (and five elections to date in the 21st) Centuries may take a bit long and bit more digging.

Got them! Thanks!

I am able to receive messages. Sorry for the late reply, I'll be back on here in a few days.
edit - here are a few examples of logos I have made:

nkgRTyA.png