270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

2020 Issue Help: Campaign Finance Reform

What do you think should be the FL, L, CL, C, CR, R, FR positions on Campaign Finance Reform?

Far-Left: All campaigns must be fully funded by the government to insure there's no corporate influence! (added by @Sunnymentoaddict)

Left:  Complete overturn of the Citizen's United ruling and a federal adoption of the Montana campaign funding law it overruled. (added by @Patine)

Center-Left: overturn Citizen's United, but don't adopt Montana's Corrupt Practices Law nationwide (added by @Bruce Fischer)

Center:  This is not a priority at this time. Leave it as it is (Added by @vcczar )

Center-Right: Each State Government can make it's own laws as how candidates, even for Federal office, spend and raise campaign funds in their borders, but total funds for a candidate are effectively uncapped (added by @Patine)

Right: Citizen's United was a good decision, since it allows individual citizens to participate in our democracy.  (Added by @Sunnymentoaddict)

Far-Right: remove all restrictions on how much money corporations can give to political candidates (added by @Bruce Fischer)

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

What do you think should be the FL, L, CL, C, CR, R, FR positions on Campaign Finance Reform?

I think that Left should be a complete overturn of the Citizen's United ruling and a federal adoption of the Montana campaign funding law it overruled. Not yet sure about the others.

@vcczar Centre-Right could also be that each State Government can make it's own laws as how candidates, even for Federal office, spend and raise campaign funds in their borders, but total funds for a candidate are effectively uncapped (but I'm not sure if that's exactly how a Centre-Right plank would be set-up - it's just one that seems possibly Centre-Right to me).

Far Left: All campaigns must be fully funded by the government to insure there's no corporate influence!

Right: Citizen's United was a good decision, since it allows individual citizens to participate in our democracy.  

Ok, we need a far-right and center-left

Just now, vcczar said:

Ok, we need a far-right and center-left

Far right: remove all restrictions on how much money corporations can give to political candidates

Center-left: overturn Citizen's United, but don't adopt Montana's Corrupt Practices Law nationwide

OK, these seem good for me for right now. We can edit them again if we have to at some point.