Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LegolasRedbard

Burnley Borough Council Election 2006

Recommended Posts

Just now, Patine said:

Where the Hell is Burnley Borough? Sounds like a similar place to Yochnapatofa, Kansas... :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnley

 

Infamous as a BNP stronghold, which is the basis of this election

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnley

 

Infamous as a BNP stronghold, which is the basis of this election

Someone who used to play an MMO with me was from the city of Lancaster itself, but not one of the smaller boroughs or towns in Lancashire County outside the city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LegolasRedbard said:

Set an ETA for this, Wednesday evening GMT

Sounds good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Kensington 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I'd like to see Kensington 2017

Why have you suddenly taken up such a thing for very small-stakes, small-scale elections, out of curiosity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

Why have you suddenly taken up such a thing for very small-stakes, small-scale elections, out of curiosity?

It's a traditionally conservative constituency that suddenly voted labour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYrepublican said:

It's a traditionally conservative constituency that suddenly voted labour. 

You've evaded my question. This is becoming notably common. Are you practicing to be an elected official's press secretary with these diversionary and elusive answers? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

You've evaded my question. This is becoming notably common. Are you practicing to be an elected official's press secretary with these diversionary and elusive answers? :P

Interest in Local smaller scale politics recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

Interest in Local smaller scale politics recently.

Yes, I've just made that observation. I'm curious as to what leads to that interest. The 'why,' not the 'what.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

Yes, I've just made that observation. I'm curious as to what leads to that interest. The 'why,' not the 'what.'

Craziness here in the city lately such as the NYCHA inspections scandal going on now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYrepublican said:

Craziness here in the city lately such as the NYCHA inspections scandal going on now

The what? Too many stupid acronyms, everywhere. There hasn't been this many floating around commonly since the height of the Cold War... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

The what? Too many stupid acronyms, everywhere. There hasn't been this many floating around commonly since the height of the Cold War... :(

New York City Housing Authority

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

New York City Housing Authority

Well, November's a stellar time to be getting housing in order, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Patine said:

Where the Hell is Burnley Borough? Sounds like a similar place to Yochnapatofa, Kansas... :P

You don't know Burnley??? :D I know the town because of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnley_F.C. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, small problem. I have a showcase thing at my school tonight, but I'll try to get it up tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

You don't know Burnley??? :D I know the town because of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnley_F.C. 

Ah, professional sports. No interest in any of the games of any of the leagues or sports themselves. Only the graft and corruption with the league and association organizations, and exemptions from criminal enjoyed the players when they commit crimes not enjoyed by us ordinary people come to mind when professional sports comes to mind for me. Especially the three most corrupt of these organizations in the world today - FIFA, the IOC, and the NFL. So my impression of the endeavour isn't as positive an impression as many. I must apologize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LegolasRedbard said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnley

 

Infamous as a BNP stronghold, which is the basis of this election

Was also (probably) the least liberal Lib Dem held seat in the 2010-2015 parliament, aside from possibly Birmingham Yardley or Redcar. It's often forgotten that a lot of the pre-coalition Lib Dem vote came from people who weren't liberal at all or obsessed with things like Euro integration, electoral reform etc and mainly voted Lib Dem because they weren't the two main parties. 

And for a non-Brit not hearing of Burnley, that isn't really surprising is it? There are vastly populated cities (with hundreds of thousands of people) in the United States that even Americans haven't heard of. Virtually everyone in the UK has heard of cities such as Coventry and Reading because it's a much smaller country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RFK/JFKfan said:

Was also (probably) the least liberal Lib Dem held seat in the 2010-2015 parliament, aside from possibly Birmingham Yardley or Redcar. It's often forgotten that a lot of the pre-coalition Lib Dem vote came from people who weren't liberal at all or obsessed with things like Euro integration, electoral reform etc and mainly voted Lib Dem because they weren't the two main parties. 

And for a non-Brit not hearing of Burnley, that isn't really surprising is it? There are vastly populated cities (with hundreds of thousands of people) in the United States that even Americans haven't heard of. Virtually everyone in the UK has heard of cities such as Coventry and Reading because it's a much smaller country. 

Well, the thing about the Liberal Democrats and whether or not many of their members are "liberal," especially in the modern American view of the word, is a bit self-defeating. The Lib Dems are the political successors of the party of Robert Peel, Lord Palmerston, William Gladstone, Henry Campbell-Bannerman, and David Lloyd George, who, as the Liberal Party of the United Kingdom, back in the late 19th Century, especially before the People's Budget (which in and of itself was a more pragmatic and politically strategic than any true socialistic move) was an issue, were ideologically VERY close to the modern establishment Republican Party of the United States, strangely enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

 

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, Presidentinsertname said:

any update on the porting @LegolasRedbard

Slight setback, I expect this to be up either tomorrow or on Saturday. Updated what's done list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×