Jump to content
270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

'Be President' Decision

Recommended Posts

The post said that these could change at any time, but I was wondering if favorability and voting blocs would be added this year, and a 'Be President' game would be confirmed at all, as these were items that were announced about this time last year for this year.

Blog Post: http://270soft.com/2016/12/24/merry-christmas-and-happy-new-year/ 

Screenshot 2017-11-17 at 12.38.48 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.The 'Be president game isn't happening anytime soon.

2. The favorability and voting blocs will probably be after this round of updates.

3. Anthony's working on the PI and France 2017 update now

Hope this suffices @ThePotatoWalrus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

1.The 'Be president game isn't happening anytime soon.

2. The favorability and voting blocs will probably be after this round of updates.

3. Anthony's working on the PI and France 2017 update now

Hope this suffices @ThePotatoWalrus

1. Obviously, I was curious if it would be confirmed or denied though.

2. Also obvious, I was just wondering if they were in the process of being added.

3. Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

2. The favorability and voting blocs will probably be after this round of updates.

That's what we've been hearing for a while, though :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

That's what we've been hearing for a while, though :( 

He got delayed by May this time. Blame May if anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

He got delayed by May this time. Blame May if anything.

Reminds me of an old song from the early '90's by a pop duo who it turned out didn't even actually sing the song (points awarded to whoever actually gets that reference)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patine said:

Reminds me of an old song from the early '90's by a pop duo who it turned out didn't even actually sing the song (points awarded to whoever actually gets that reference)...

Millie Vanillie. What do I win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Millie Vanillie. What do I win?

I just promised "points." You can't hold me to anything more... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

1. Obviously, I was curious if it would be confirmed or denied though.

2. Also obvious, I was just wondering if they were in the process of being added.

3. Nice.

1) That would obviously need a new engine. And build the game ground up. I'm sure he has much of the core details outlined out, but probably hasn't reached a stage in the development to release a beta yet. Granted, this is a small operation, so I'm not expecting them to pull an EA and instantly update their games overnight. 

2) I think voting blocks will be implemented after favorbility is introduced and is fully fleshed out. Makes sense, if a certain segment of the electorate will vote for you, they obviously favor you over the others. I'm curious how this will play in the primaries when the electorate is hyperfocused. Think: southern evangelicals,  suburban business owners, college students, urban minorities, etc. 

3) Yeah, he's working on the France 2017, which will have a two round system. I'm sure he's trying to get it to work properly, in between updating CI(in time for the 2018 midterms), and PI.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Granted, this is a small operation, so I'm not expecting them to pull an EA and instantly update their games overnight.

Thank God for small mercies. We don't need more software corporations emulating EA's monstrous, hated, and highly ill-thought-out business policies and practices (even though they somehow magically stay in business), at least if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Patine said:

Thank God for small mercies. We don't need more software corporations emulating EA's monstrous, hated, and highly ill-thought-out business policies and practices (even though they somehow magically stay in business), at least if you ask me.

EA is trash. Never again buying their stuff. They make 2K look like a charity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2017 at 8:03 PM, NYrepublican said:

He got delayed by May this time. Blame May if anything.

Another reason explaining why she lost seats. Never bother the 270 community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ThePotatoWalrus

1. No Be President game. That was announced earlier, in an e-mail sent to all President Infinity owners. The relevant text from the e-mail is

"I have decided not to make a standalone Be President game. Why? Developing a standalone game would have meant not having a new game for a significant amount of time (to develop a new game, I am guessing it would take at least a year, probably more like two), while also diverting work from President Infinity (and the rest of the Infinity games). It also would have meant forking the game engine, which would mean maintaining both the Infinity game engine and a new Be President game engine, slowing down the process.

However, as mentioned I can see that there is a lot of enthusiasm for a game like this. So, some good news. I am going to continue improving President Infinity adding (among other things) incumbency features (so you can do things if you are the incumbent running in the election). In time, this might add up to a Be President game (with, of course, the most recent and best election game engine included)."

2. Favorability and Voting Blocs are on the to-do list. Favorability is the next major to-do for PI, probably to be focused on after the next PI and CI updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@ThePotatoWalrus

1. No Be President game. That was announced earlier, in an e-mail sent to all President Infinity owners. The relevant text from the e-mail is

"I have decided not to make a standalone Be President game. Why? Developing a standalone game would have meant not having a new game for a significant amount of time (to develop a new game, I am guessing it would take at least a year, probably more like two), while also diverting work from President Infinity (and the rest of the Infinity games). It also would have meant forking the game engine, which would mean maintaining both the Infinity game engine and a new Be President game engine, slowing down the process.

 

Bravo! Unlike many here, this has not been a game I've wanted to see pursued seriously (at least not with the current limited resources TheorySpark has at it's disposal at this time), and I feel all the standing election games have a lot more improvement that could be made to them that should by far take paramount priority.

*I've probably just marked myself out from the flock here, majorly, but that's never stopped me from saying my piece before*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×