270soft Forum
vcczar

2020 Election Scenario: Integrity Question regarding Franken

19 hours ago, vcczar said:

Here are two what-if candidates I could add to the 2020 scenario--let me know who is more likely to run: Steve Bannon or Roy Moore. 

Bannon would be fun (note: I'm not unbiased). I'm not sure what attributes would make sense for him. Probably high spin (Breitbart) and knowledge (intelligent guy, Harvard Business School and Goldman alum, and is very well read - the new bio on him just came out, here's an article listing his favorite books). I think he's a pretty solid speaker (between CPAC, state parties, etc), and think he has decent charisma (would be a solid 3 I think). Maybe a 5 for ideologue (or a 4 at least, since I know you've said before that the distribution is tight)?

I think it's more likely he gets behind someone else though. Tulsi seems likely, it's been reported how much he likes her. It's also possible he gets behind Cuban, running as a Democrat (there were a bunch of articles a week or so ago). Bannon or Breitbart probably makes sense for an endorser for elections from 2014 on. I think the mega-donor Mercer family (either separately as Robert and his daughter Rebekah, or together) might make sense too, from 2010 on.

18 minutes ago, thr33 said:

Bannon would be fun (note: I'm not unbiased). I'm not sure what attributes would make sense for him. Probably high spin (Breitbart) and knowledge (intelligent guy, Harvard Business School and Goldman alum, and is very well read - the new bio on him just came out, here's an article listing his favorite books). I think he's a pretty solid speaker (between CPAC, state parties, etc), and think he has decent charisma (would be a solid 3 I think). Maybe a 5 for ideologue (or a 4 at least, since I know you've said before that the distribution is tight)?

I think it's more likely he gets behind someone else though. Tulsi seems likely, it's been reported how much he likes her. It's also possible he gets behind Cuban, running as a Democrat (there were a bunch of articles a week or so ago). Bannon or Breitbart probably makes sense for an endorser for elections from 2014 on. I think the mega-donor Mercer family (either separately as Robert and his daughter Rebekah, or together) might make sense too, from 2010 on.

Bannon (and ultimately Breitbart) endorsing Tulsi? Sounds like a quote I heard a few years ago where Russian opposition party leader Sergei Mironov of A Just Russia, a social democratic, civil and human rights oriented, pro-neo-detente reformist party, said in a press conference, "the last thing I need is an endorsement from Limonov," referring to the highly critical, vitriolic, anti-establishment, "true nationalist," anti-Putin, anti-Zhironovsky, anti-Zhuganev (and all Communists) media website/press owned by the radical dissident Eduard Limonov, after whom it's named.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Bannon (and ultimately Breitbart) endorsing Tulsi? Sounds like a quote I heard a few years ago where Russian opposition party leader Sergei Mironov of A Just Russia, a social democratic, civil and human rights oriented, pro-neo-detente reformist party, said in a press conference, "the last thing I need is an endorsement from Limonov," referring to the highly critical, vitriolic, anti-establishment, "true nationalist," anti-Putin, anti-Zhironovsky, anti-Zhuganev (and all Communists) media website/press owned by the radical dissident Eduard Limonov, after whom it's named.

Well, maybe an endorsement is unlikely. But I could see Breitbart *unofficially* supporting her in her run (particularly throughout the primaries), or at least taking a hands-off approach. They've written/linked a bunch of positive stuff on her in the last year, and Bannon was one of the people pushing for her to receive consideration for Secretary of State.