270soft Forum
vcczar

2020 Election Scenario: Integrity Question regarding Franken

Currently, I have Al Franken with a 4 in integrity in the 2020 Election Scenario. Should today's scandal lower him to a 2 in integrity for 2020? He's already an OFF candidate for this election. 

31 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Currently, I have Al Franken with a 4 in integrity in the 2020 Election Scenario. Should today's scandal lower him to a 2 in integrity for 2020? He's already an OFF candidate for this election. 

I dont think he even going to be in the senate in 2020.

33 minutes ago, vcczar said:

i say lower 0 or one to be a little fair.

39 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'd say so and maybe lower his charisma too no one wants to vote for a known groper 

17 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I'd say so and maybe lower his charisma too no one wants to vote for a known groper 

Yeah, I think lowering his charisma is a must, as well. He has a really attractive verbal sense of humor, which led me to give him a 4, but a 2 is probably required now. What's crazy is that Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are the type of males that seem to get away with this sort of stuff, without any sort of charisma drop, I guess because it doesn't come off as a surprise in their cases, but in Al Franken--who seems like a nice guy--it comes off as unpardonable. But I agree, an integrity and charisma of 2 is probably what I will do not, sadly. He was my preferred choice for 2020., until today. 

I'd only give an integrity of 1 to someone that has had routinely bad behavior. 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, I think lowering his charisma is a must, as well. He has a really attractive verbal sense of humor, which led me to give him a 4, but a 2 is probably required now. What's crazy is that Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are the type of males that seem to get away with this sort of stuff, without any sort of charisma drop, I guess because it doesn't come off as a surprise in their cases, but in Al Franken--who seems like a nice guy--it comes off as unpardonable. But I agree, an integrity and charisma of 2 is probably what I will do not, sadly. He was my preferred choice for 2020., until today. 

I'd only give an integrity of 1 to someone that has had routinely bad behavior. 

Have you given many frontrunner-class candidates integrities of 5 in your campaigns? Or would 4 be the standard cap, with 5 being truly rare?

1 minute ago, thr33 said:

Have you given many frontrunner-class candidates integrities of 5 in your campaigns? Or would 4 be the cap, with 5 being truly rare?

I'd say a five would only be available to someone just entering politics and had absolutely (or at least next to) no dirty laundry or skeletons in the closet

12 minutes ago, thr33 said:

Have you given many frontrunner-class candidates integrities of 5 in your campaigns? Or would 4 be the standard cap, with 5 being truly rare?

and @WVProgressive

I've only given an integrity to 5 for people with legendary integrity, which has primarily been incumbent and former Supreme Court Justices. It's been very rare. I've also only given a 1 in integrity about two or three times. I'd say 70% are 3, 15% are 2 and 15% are 4. 

20 minutes ago, vcczar said:

and @WVProgressive

I've only given an integrity to 5 for people with legendary integrity, which has primarily been incumbent and former Supreme Court Justices. It's been very rare. I've also only given a 1 in integrity about two or three times. I'd say 70% are 3, 15% are 2 and 15% are 4. 

Ah! Thank you for clearing that up, interesting.

30 minutes ago, vcczar said:

and @WVProgressive

Thanks, good to know. Seems like a good distribution (pretty close to a bell curve).

2 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

Why do you guys thing he still going to run after this? 

It depends on how this scandal turns out. If it is just one woman, and a situation misinterpeted through a tasteless joke, then Al is relatively unharmed. But if more come out, then I'll be surprised if he even considers running for reelection in 2020. 

Now why are many liberals/Dems like Franken?

1) Smart. Graduated with honors from Harvard.

2) A strong critic of the Trump administration. 

3) Funny. That's where his charisma comes from.
4)Also he is a midwesterner(white) and knows how to connect with blue collar whites. 

Reason why he's on many 'potential list". 

Now, @vcczar, I think 2 is a fair number. There will be a dedicated number of liberals whom will probably still trust him by 2020, despite this scandal. A question, Franken has built a reputation of being a vocal critic of the Trump administration. Do you think he will begin slowly stepping back from the spotlight? To avoid drawing negative attention to the Democratic caucus. Also, if so, should his polling numbers decrease then? Because, if he isn't as publicly active, why would voters initially chose him at the start of the game. 

2 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

Why do you guys thing he still going to run after this? 

I don't (didn't think he was going to anyway, less likely now), but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

It depends on how this scandal turns out. If it is just one woman, and a situation misinterpeted through a tasteless joke, then Al is relatively unharmed. But if more come out, then I'll be surprised if he even considers running for reelection in 2020. 

Now why are many liberals/Dems like Franken?

1) Smart. Graduated with honors from Harvard.

2) A strong critic of the Trump administration. 

3) Funny. That's where his charisma comes from.
4)Also he is a midwesterner(white) and knows how to connect with blue collar whites. 

Reason why he's on many 'potential list". 

Now, @vcczar, I think 2 is a fair number. There will be a dedicated number of liberals whom will probably still trust him by 2020, despite this scandal. A question, Franken has built a reputation of being a vocal critic of the Trump administration. Do you think he will begin slowly stepping back from the spotlight? To avoid drawing negative attention to the Democratic caucus. Also, if so, should his polling numbers decrease then? Because, if he isn't as publicly active, why would voters initially chose him at the start of the game. 

Second woman just came out.

3 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

Second woman just came out.

Who is this second woman you speak of?

Honestly his integrity and his charisma should be lowered just one. I don't like him but it's my non-biased view. I guarantee you 95% of people will forget about it unless it gets brought up again during the election (maybe make a random event or something like I used to and have like a 50% chance of it happening in the week before election or something and it drops his momentum)

4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Honestly his integrity and his charisma should be lowered just one. I don't like him but it's my non-biased view. I guarantee you 95% of people will forget about it unless it gets brought up again during the election (maybe make a random event or something like I used to and have like a 50% chance of it happening in the week before election or something and it drops his momentum)

they are picture of him trust me they be ads of that picture.

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

It will definitely get brought up again. I really don't think he runs, unless his victim publicly forgives him, and people come out to say that this was an isolated incident. However, I don't think he will ever regain the integrity of "4" that I had for him. He may be able to get a "3," but I'll probably leave him at a "2" and raise only his charisma, if it ends up being overlooked.

I was thinking there was a 50% chance he'd run. I now think it's only a 2% chance, but this could change. 

19 minutes ago, vcczar said:

It will definitely get brought up again. I really don't think he runs, unless his victim publicly forgives him, and people come out to say that this was an isolated incident. However, I don't think he will ever regain the integrity of "4" that I had for him. He may be able to get a "3," but I'll probably leave him at a "2" and raise only his charisma, if it ends up being overlooked.

I was thinking there was a 50% chance he'd run. I now think it's only a 2% chance, but this could change. 

Yeah hes definitely not running after this.

Here are two what-if candidates I could add to the 2020 scenario--let me know who is more likely to run: Steve Bannon or Roy Moore. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Here are two what-if candidates I could add to the 2020 scenario--let me know who is more likely to run: Steve Bannon or Roy Moore. 

Neither. Both are 0% chance of happening, but Bannon is more interesting, so Bannon, I guess.

18 hours ago, vcczar said:

I doubt Steve Bannon would run if Trump is in the primaries. Bannon went from running a website to now being called a "kingmaker" all because of Trump. Plus Breitbart's target audience is the Trump voter; so from a business perspective it makes little sense. Now if you were to add Bannon as an endorser, I would accept that. 

19 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I don't think Bannon would have low integrity but definitely low leadership, experience, and charisma. Being unbiased here.

Integrity in TheorySpark games is, unlike say Stamina or even Leadership, based purely on the general public view of the candidate (and not just their target demographic) at the time of the given election. Only a small minority of Americans seem to think Bannon is really trustworthy or savoury, even though he's not (at this point) personally scandal-ridden. It's the reason Nixon doesn't have rock-bottom Integrity in 1960, 1968, or 1972 scenarios, even though historically we all know he's a crook. Hell, even Hitler wouldn't realistically be given an Integrity of 1 in a realistically-done Germany 1933 scenario, because of public perception AT THE TIME, as opposed to today (though it still  wouldn't have been higher than 3 - but my point is there).