270soft Forum
Patine

Olive Branch Thread

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

I make this thread because it's become apparent that, while most who post here have strong opinions about political (and other) issues, it's not just opinions clashing anymore - it's egos, and many things are said - perhaps in stress, anger, and frustration - that are more personally directed than perhaps initially intended. I'm not calling out any posters or posts specifically - I'm sure everyone knows the usual suspects. Since it's clear that Anthony plans on utilizing his administrative powers more frequently, if need be, and because the atmosphere is becoming toxic, I propose this olive branch thread to bring a semblance of peace and civility to these forums. This is not an "apologize, kiss-and-make-up" thread, and no one is required to publically recant any beliefs they hold. It's just an agreement to let things go from past disagreements, and move on to more productive activity.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

I make this thread because it's become apparent that, while most who post here have strong opinions about political (and other) issues, it's not just opinions clashing anymore - it's egos, and many things are said - perhaps in stress, anger, and frustration - that are more personally directed than perhaps initially intended. I'm not calling out any posters or posts specifically - I'm sure everyone knows the usual suspects. Since it's clear that Anthony plans on utilizing his administrative powers more frequently, if need be, and because the atmosphere is becoming toxic, I propose this olive branch thread to bring a semblance of peace and civility to these forums. This is not an "apologize, kiss-and-make-up" thread, and no one is required to publically recant any beliefs they hold. It's just an agreement to let things go from past disagreements, and move on to more productive activity.

I completely subscribe to this message and shall commit to cleaning up my act around the forum (a little) from now on, like old times.

I'm fine with no further political discussions. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I'm fine with no further political discussions. 

I'd like to say I would be too, but my activity would likely decline to fading away from the forum for a couple months (again).

Regardless of my opinion on this, it seems extremely unlikely to happen, as it's almost impossible for many politically-minded individuals to get together and have discussions about a certain topic, but not be permitted to talk about general political discourse. Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'd like to say I would be too, but my activity would likely decline to fading away from the forum for a couple months (again).

Regardless of my opinion on this, it seems extremely unlikely to happen, as it's almost impossible for many politically-minded individuals to get together and have discussions about a certain topic, but not be permitted to talk about general political discourse. Just my opinion.

I'm torn. Since, I spend alot of time either lurking on this forum, or posting; and cause of so, y'all are essentially my virtual friends. I am able to share and enjoy my love of politics/campaigns with folks that equally love it. Yet, they may not share the same political ideology that I have. And while it might be fun to play monday morning quarterback, and play what ifs regarding a certain policy/bill being voted on in Congress, or can 'x candidate' win an election; our personal views will come out- even when we try to remain nonpartisan. 

Despite wanting to debate politics, I'd hate to see this forum lose someone(s) over a disagreement, when we all share the same hobby. 

15 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I'm torn. Since, I spend alot of time either lurking on this forum, or posting; and cause of so, y'all are essentially my virtual friends. I am able to share and enjoy my love of politics/campaigns with folks that equally love it. Yet, they may not share the same political ideology that I have. And while it might be fun to play monday morning quarterback, and play what ifs regarding a certain policy/bill being voted on in Congress, or can 'x candidate' win an election; our personal views will come out- even when we try to remain nonpartisan. 

Despite wanting to debate politics, I'd hate to see this forum lose someone(s) over a disagreement, when we all share the same hobby. 

Yeah, by virtue of trying to get these historical scenarios finished, I am consistently on here, and so likewise, I interact with people on here possibly more than most of my friends in real life. I'll miss doing my historical polls. 

Seriously, I love this community!

I am a Social Liberal so I never refused to talk with anyone. I even already talked with Vichists and neo nazis and this forum is definitively moderate compared to others I saw.

And I so love this community that, for example, I am a real fan of @Reagan04 because I love his characters in the RP and the badass tone of what he says even if I am far far away of his political views :D (if I am right there's a man behind)

2 minutes ago, Sami said:

Seriously, I love this community!

I am a Social Liberal so I never refused to talk with anyone. I even already talked with Vichists and neo nazis and this forum is definitively moderate compared to others I saw.

And I so love this community that, for example, I am a real fan of @Reagan04 because I love her characters in the RP and the badass tone of what she says even if I am far far away of her political views :D 

Haha! Thank you my friend! I really appreciate it! The same to you!

1 hour ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

@Presidentinsertname @NYrepublican       I apologize for rather my aggressive attitude towards y'alls views during the past couple days.

Same here @Sunnymentoaddict

Huge shoutout to @Patine for making this statement. We can all either coexist or not, but refraining from bomb throwing is always much more productive. I love these forums, though I found myself taking a few day sabbatical due to some of the more heated threads on here, I definitely don't want to lose out on participating over something small!

2 minutes ago, pilight said:

It's probably a good time to remember that most things in life are not political, and most political things are not that important.

Unless you're actually a politician for a living. :P

But that is a good point.